Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Season News and Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2007, 09:20:49 PM »
Forrest's View - 15 March edition
sportsnet.ca

So, news from London suggests that Biggs may be headed to Ars*nal.

Before you ask, he doesn't want to go there. I couldn't name a single SNFC player who would. But their manager has become frustrated and impatient with Biggs because you have clashing egos who have different ideas about where his strengths lie. Now normally I'd take the player's side, but this case is an exception. Is he a good forward? Absolutely. But with the amount of those Network has, and the lack of talented right midfielders or right wingers, part of why Daniel is playing him there is pragmatism. The other part is, let's face it, the man has serious potential as a winger. He may not think he does, but his crossing stats seem to show otherwise.

That said, a move to Ars*nal could demoralise him far more than Daniel would anticipate, possibly killing his career. Why? Simple. Spurs fans and Ars*nal fans hate each other more than any other rivals in football. It's a deep hatred that goes back to the early days of high-class football. And a Spurs fan suiting up for Ars*nal? That's equivalent to treason in the eyes of both teams. On top of that, he'd spend most of his time either in the reserves or in the dugout.

If Daniel is going to transfer him, it should be out of Greater London and probably to a Championship or League One side or perhaps even a lower-level Premiership team. I could name more teams that would be interested in having a versatile player like that than I could count on my hands and feet.

I still think, though, that instead of complaining, Biggs should listen to all the positive media he's been getting about his play as a flanker. And besides, just because you're a flanker doesn't mean you can't score more than a few goals. Look at a guy like Ryan Giggs. In his best years, he would go on brilliant runs in from the flank, but he could also feather in good crosses. And having been a goalkeeper for West Ham, I've been on the bad end of both more than my share of times! Biggs fits perfectly into the role he has been playing of late, he has good rapport with pretty much every other forward on the team, and he sees the pitch well. Aren't those things you look for in a good winger?

I'm Craig Forrest, and that's my view.

Craig Forrest is a former West Ham/Team Canada goalkeeper and analyst with Rogers SportsNet. The views expressed in this article are not necessarily the views of the station.

(a real-world aside here: Craig Forrest was the victim of the ultimate screw-job by the Spammers, so he doesn't really like them anymore :p)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »
Breaking news

Quote from: ww.SNFC.co.uk
a statement will be released tomorrow regarding Biggs' future at the club. After he has a meeting with manager and Chairman. More on this will be announced in due course

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2007, 07:48:52 PM »
So when do we play the Smelly Arse? :lol:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2007, 04:30:30 PM »
Next match will be posted Sat or Sunday.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2007, 07:36:08 PM »
Nice :D

Rob Flynn Speaks On "SNFC Tunage"
machinehead.com

Hey hey HEY f*ckers! What's crack-a-latin'?

You're all probably asking what the F*CK we're doing writing a song about some s*ccer team that doesn't even play in the US of A or in the highest division. Well, the answer is simple. These "Spurs Network" guys are f*cking METAL. Lemme ask you somethin'. What other team 's fans chant death metal during matches? What other team's captain uses his time off to hang out with f*cking Fear Factory and Metallica? What other team's owner and chairman invites us to use their kick-ass stadium, in which they always win, to hold MH concerts? And then we get asked if we wanna make a tune for this album that these guys are putting together? SIGN US THE F*CK UP!!

Now I also hear you have your doubts about the "metal-ness" of the song we're making. Calm down! You f*ckers aren't going to be disappointed by the sheer brutality of this one, called "Angry Football." If you don't know why the f*ck we're calling s*ccer 'football,' well, that's what them English people call it. And the song is basically about what those defenders do when they're not in a good mood. Have you ever watched that Canadian metalhead captain of theirs when he's not in a good mood? F*CK YEAH! He just goes out there and f*ckin' plows the sh*t out of anyone who gets in his way, and he's a big motherf*cker for a s*ccer player, so the opposition usually goes flying and starts rolling around like a bunch of f*ckin' p*ssies, but then this dude walks up to them and is like "quit f*ckin complaining, you f*ckin p*ssy, get the f*ck up and play some motherf*ckin football!" Of course, he doesn't swear because you can get thrown out of the game for that. What the f*ck, eh? Anyhoozers, I have every intention of making this song as f*ckin BRUTAL as those sliding challenges of his! Especially with what else happened after we got to England!

You know how the London Symphony Orchestra is supposed to be "the best musicians in the world," right? Well, we get to England and meet the guys producing this monster, and of course we've heard the parody album, so we have a nice little conversation with Rhys [Fulber], Paul [van Dyk], Johnny [Vicious] and Bob [Rock], and they tell me that those f*ckers want to add their sh*t into our tuneage! So we have our doubts at first, but we agree to a jam session and F*CK!! Even without their conductor, we came up with some sh*t that sounded f*ckin EPIC!! And then this guy called Williams shows up. And we're like, "the same guy that did Star Wars?" Abso-f*ckin-lutely! The man is a GENIUS. We've been working on this SNFC tunage non-stop since we met and I could tell you right away why Metallica's S&M worked so well - metal and classical were just meant to be! F*CKIN EH RIGHTS!! Who woulda thunk that trumpet solos would sound so well alongside Phil's shredding?

We hear that these SNFC dudes are playing this team called Ars*nal next, one of whose fans is Osama f*ckin Bin Laden. Of course, being told that, and going by the wack-ass name, that sounds like a team I'd love to hate! After being told the history of Ars*nal, I'd honestly rather jump in a pit of perchloric acid than f*ckin' cheer for those assmongers, especially that manager of theirs, what was his name again? @$$hole W*nker or some sh*t like that? I hope the Network f*ckin kills them, and throws up the metal horns in doing so! KEEP IT METAL, MOTHERF*CKERS!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 07:39:16 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2007, 10:57:28 PM »
Brilliant write up DC. I enjoyed that :2up:

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2007, 11:09:35 PM »
Quote from: Daniisco;23892
Brilliant write up DC. I enjoyed that :2up:

If you've ever read one of Rob Flynn's real blogs, he's exactly like that. Pretty much always starts with, "hey, f*ckers!" :p

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2007, 06:44:10 AM »
Mansion "Bursting At The Seams" for Big-Screen FA Cup Showing
snfc.premiumtv.co.uk

Although it's not an official SNFC record, it is an official Mansion record. 3010 Mansion tickets - all for home supporters - have sold for the showing of SNFC vs. Ars*nal on the big screen. No celebrity watches were done at the ticket sales, but some are expecting up to thirty individual sightings at this event. Some fans on the SNFC official message board have claimed to have seen English songstresses Jan Johnston and Kirsty Hawkshaw at the ticket booths, although this hasn't been officially confirmed. Also yet to be confirmed are rumours that Fear Factory, Hatebreed and Metallica have been invited to provide amplified musical accompaniment for the fans. DC76 said about this, "well, it'd be sweet if it's true, even if you aren't a metalhead!"

The previous record for the Mansion was 2994 in a January match against Exeter City, followed closely by 2986 for a Machine Head concert last month.

In other SNFC-Ars*nal related news, a couple of high-profile SNFC players revealed they are dying to get their hands on goalkeeper Jens Lehmann and would be doubly thrilled if they scored on him compared to if they'd done it against another high-profile goalkeeper, and not only that, but the sentiment is shared throughout the locker room. (Which should surprise no one, because Ars*nal, after all, are the "Abomination Causing Football Desolation!" Just ask Daniel!)

Famous Last Words
Sky Sports

SNFC Manager Daniel held a final pre-match press conference to address the Ars*nal-SNFC FA Cup Semifinal. His ending statement sent shivers down the spines of all who listened to it, even Chelsea manager José Mourinho.

So there you have it. David vs. Goliath. Conference upstarts against Premiership  establishment. Except this time, David isn't guaranteed victory. We may lose. On paper, we're expected to. But know this. We Networkers are prepared to give everything in this match. We refuse to go down without one hell of a fight. We're gonna sweat. We're gonna bleed. We're gonna pay the price. We're not going to be pushed around like lightweights in a heavyweight ring. And when the whistle blows for full time, we're gonna look back and say, win or lose, we gave our everything. And that fact alone will be something to be proud of. Will we be gutted if we lose? Absolutely. No professional team of any sort would not be upset to lose at this stage. But we won't regret a moment of our FA Cup run.

Mourinho, upon hearing this, was reported to have issued a statement applauding the SNFC manager for his "unexpected humility." However, after the fact he was a little more caustic, after one reporter asked him the question, "what if you do win?"

Yeah, what if we do win? That depends on how they react. We have something to be proud of, win or lose, for having come this far, and going further only magnifies this, since we don't have the "we're the bloody favourites, we should wipe the floor with these useless gimps" mindset that they seem to. Now don't get me wrong, despite the fact we hate their guts, we will repay them with what respect they've earned from us. If they play good football, we will honour that. If they play horrible football, we will answer them according to their own folly. If they act like a bunch of sissies or moaners, or go 'oh bugger, why didn't we have them, we should've had them, they're a Conference team and we're Prems, blar blar blar, yackity shmackity,' then we'll let them soak in their own self-pity.

He was also asked about the vendetta between Ars*nal manager Arsène Wenger and SNFC team captain DC76.

Oh, DC knows what's at stake here. He's not going to do anything that would alienate the club or the fans. But if we win, I will allow him to get his licks in verbally. What Arsène said about Canada was inexcusable. They're not in the top 20 in the world, but they're hardly a 'football no-zone' or 'pathetic.' I had a talk with him, and he said his focus is on the match and on defending as well as he can - if he sends a guy or two flying, that's - how did he put this again? - "cool," but he'd rather win the match.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2007, 11:35:50 PM »
Aftermath
machinehead.com

Hey f*ckers!

So my team f*cking lost. But at least we got to see some bodies flying. That
DC76 butchered one of their forwards at about the hour-mark of the match, and you could tell who there was actually a metalhead because when he did that, you had half of our level of the stand out of their seats with a loud "F*CK YEAH!" Now I don't know that much about s*ccer, so I was kinda glad that we were sitting with some English dudes that actually knew some sh*t. They were kinda bummed out when our guys lost, but they said that the Spurs Network f*ckers played "really good football," and I have to agree. But I think it was more fun watching the two centre backs plow the sh*t out of the Arse-Anal forwards, and they were doing a lot of that today! I'm telling you f*ckers, SNFC is F*CKING METAL!!

After that, we decided to be sh*t disturbers and go burn the house down with some fellow "Networkers" at a local club, but we thought we'd surprise those f*ckers and bring our gear along with us. So we go back to the studio where we've been working on some sick-ass tunage with John Williams and THREE F*CKING ORCHESTRAS, grab only the gear that we need, borrow some amps from 'Tallica (who were at the Mansion rocking it out with over 3000 of our Networker brethren), and head down there and start plugging our sh*t in. The bartender was wondering, "who the F*CK are these guys?" But then we start busting out Imperium and his eyes just f*ckin' BUG. Didn't he know that Machine F*ckin' Head supports Spurs F*ckin Network? Next thing you know, the club's full of local metalheads who all happen to have come from the exact same match we were just at! F*ckin eh!

So we bust out a couple more - Clenching The Fists Of Dissent and DC76's rumoured favourite MH songs, Left Unfinished and Descend The Shades of Night - then we sit down for a few cold ones. Then this shaved-bald guy wearing a suit and tie and sporting a big-ass red beard walks in the door. It took me a while to recognise who it was considering I was f*ckin already half-wasted, but Dave's like, "f*ck man, isn't that one of the SNFC players?" So I look again, and it was DC-f*ckin-76! The Cowichan Crippler himself had come to the club!

Not surprisingly, the whole club started chanting some SNFC sh*t. He immediately recognises who I am, walks up to me and asks, "hey Robb, how's the tunage with J-Dub and the LSO comin'?" Well f*ck! If ANY SNFC player asks you a question, you f*ckin' answer, if you call yourself a Networker! So I tell him "J-dub" didn't think the LSO would be enough to accompany us to the amount that he was looking for, so he recruited two more orchestras, from Prague and some other city in Eastern Europe (I think he said Ljubljana) and some monster f*ckin' choir to join in, and he's like "HOLY SH*T!! I didn't think the track could sound more killer than that demo I heard, but WOW! It probably will now!"

Oh, I don't think he'll be disappointed in the slightest. And I KNOW you f*ckers won't!

So I invite him to come down to the studio and see what it is we're actually doing.

The next day, he shows up in a little more casual attire, takes one look at the auditorium full of musicians, and he starts f*ckin' laughing his ass off! He just seemed completely f*ckin' floored by the whole system - Mr. Williams had really gone big with his setup, plus he decided to experiment a little, so he had four violins ordered that had pickups, and two distortion pedals! So the length of "Angry Football" has since gained another three minutes and around twenty seconds. So we let him listen to the tentative final recording, and you could tell he was diggin' it! After he was finished, he looks up at us and says, "Robb, John, you guys have created a f*ckin' monster! I LOVE THIS!!" I swear the guy was ready to jizz himself!

If there's one thing this song has a lot of, it's SOLOS.

Geetar solos. Violin solos. Trumpet solos. Drum solos. Distorted violin solos. F*CKIN. EH. RIGHTS! I never thought violins could shred like that! The soloists John picked were in-f*ckin-credible! He also did this thing called a "soli" with the trumpet section, which is like a solo but instead of being done by just one or two people, it's done by one whole section. I'm tellin' you, if the monstrous low-tuned shredding doesn't get ya, the flattening wall of demonic-blasting trumpets will! This sh*t is gonna SLAY!

Another note here, I didn't know DC76 was gonna f*ckin be on this album, even though he's not gonna be available until the end of this month! We were walking past Fear Factory and they say to the guy, "Hey DC, you got those sounds programmed for when we hit the studio next month?" And he's like, "they're getting there. I've got two or three done now." Sounds like he's playing the keyboards for those f*ckers!

Stay metal. We gotta get our plane back to the other end of the Atlantic and start tourin' and sh*t.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:49:50 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2007, 08:07:46 PM »
Victorian Included In Ballet For CSA Defender Of The Year
Victoria Times-Colonist

The final five players were announced today for the Canadian S*ccer Association's year-end awards, and ex-UVic Vike DC76 was named in three categories, including, to his own surprise, Defender of the Year. He was also named for Young Player and Young Defender of the Year.

The nominees were:

Player of the Year: M Atiba Hutchinson, M Julian de Guzman, M/F Dwayne de Rosario, F Ali Gerba, M Tam Nsaliwa

Forward of the Year: M/F Dwayne de Rosario, F Ali Gerba, F Rob Friend, M/F Issey Nakajima-Farran, F Will Johnson

Midfielder of the Year: M Atiba Hutchinson, M Julian de Guzman, M Tam Nsaliwa, M Josh Simpson, M Daniel Imhof

Defender of the Year: M/D Jim Brennan, D Ante Jazic, D Paul Stalteri, D DC76, D David Edgar

Goalkeeper of the Year: G Greg Sutton, G Lars Hirschfeld, G Pat Onstad, G Asmir Begovic, G Wojciech Zarzycki

Young Player of the Year: G Asmir Begovic, D DC76, D David Edgar, M
Jaime Peters, F Tosaint Ricketts

Young Forward of the Year: F Tosaint Ricketts, F Adrian-Russel Kekec, F Riley O'Neill, F Jeff Gonsalves, F Will Johnson

Young Midfielder of the Year: M Andrea Lombardo, M Tyler Rosenlund, M David Guzman, M Simeon Jackson, M Jaime Peters

Young Defender of the Year: D DC76, D André Hainault, D Jonathan Bourgault, D David Edgar, D Graham Ramalho

Young Goalkeeper of the Year: G Asmir Begovic, G Wojciech Zarzycki, G Srdjan Djekanovic, G Josh Wagenaar, G Andrew Olivieri

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #160 on: September 10, 2007, 08:58:11 PM »

Georginho will be out for 2 weeks after he suffered a damaged shoulder in training.

Birmingham have made their interest know for dedleysting by bidding £1,000,000 for his services. Manager Daniel turned down the bid saying dedley is a vital member of the squad.

Dannyn99 will be out for 10 days with a bruised thigh suffered in training.

Dannyn99 has resumed light training following his injury.

SNFC Reserves have drawn 1-1 with Halifax Reserves at The Shay.

Georginho has resumed light training following his shoulder injury. He is expected to be back in full training in about a week.

The Exeter City vs SNFC Conference match has been moved to Monday 23rd April for Live TV coverage.

Dannyn99 has begun full training.

Big move close for Biggs?

A well know media pundit has lavished praise on SNFC's creative attacker Biggs saying that it it only a matter of time before a big club moves in for such a talented youngster.

Manager Daniel has indicted that he feels the player will succeed at the highest level.

SNFC's Craig was selected for Romania's 3-1 Under 21 win over Luxembourg.

SNFC's Daniel has won English Conference Manager of the Month award for March.

Rob wins the Player of the Month Award.

Rob has indicated in the local newspaper that his manager Daniel was the key reason for the consistent form that recently won him the Player of the Month award.

Man Utd have won the English League Cup with a 2-0 win over Chelsea at Wembley.

Georginho has begun full training.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2007, 09:05:44 PM »
Congrats on the cap, Craig :D

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2007, 09:22:52 PM »
Shouldnt Rob not be picked seeing as he doesnt post or anything here?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2007, 09:25:04 PM »
Therein lies our dilemma - do we play the guy who's on the best form and not posting or do we risk benching him, having him end up going to another team and coming back to bite us in the arse? :ph34r:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2007, 09:29:45 PM »
Well the game is for people on the forum who post, he doesnt.