SpursNetwork

Season News and Discussion Thread

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »
That is true, but you also have to take into consideration that he's an admin here.

This said for all I know, Dan might transfer him after the season's over :p

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Yeah he is Admin and helped out at the start but I havent seen him post regularly for yonks.

« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2007, 10:31:53 PM »
on 1st under21's cap

i wanna thank the gaffer for selecting me and my team mates for getting on the end of my sweet ass crosses...

hopefully i will become a regular starter for snfc next season too!!!

« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2007, 09:35:58 AM »
You do Craig !!

WTF am I not still selected for Bulgaria's squad !?!?
----------------

« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2007, 10:31:33 AM »
cos u dont give teh manager what he wwants....naked cam fun..lol

dan can u updATE  with the player values too plz

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2007, 06:57:59 PM »

The SNFC directors are delighted with Daniel’s general performance as manager in a recent board confidence update.

They are also pleased to see Daniel has built a rapport with the fans.

Nottingham Forest is the latest club to make an offer for dedleysting. But their £1,400,000 bid was rejected.

Storts and DC76 have been chosen in the English Players Conference Select for the 2006/07 season.

DC76 on the rise!
the times

An article written by a former English international in The Times said that he believes SNFC’s DC76 is a player who is worth keeping an eye on. DC76, a defender, has also been attracting the plaudits in his native country of Canada. Some have said he’s a future captain in the making and one of Canada’s best footballing talents already.

Rob has been called up to the U.S.A squad for the match against Argentina.

SNFC Reserves have beaten Aldershot Reserves 2-1 at The Mansion.

Topspur82 has rejected SNFC’s offer of a new contract. But Manager Daniel is confident the striker will sign a new deal soon.

SNFC Forever!
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2007, 07:36:31 PM »
An inside source has said that Topspur82 rejected the contract due to wage demands. He has made his intentions to stay at the club known and he sees himself having a bright future with the networkers.

The inside source also pointed out that the wage demands were 'nothing to worry about' and that 'a solution was imminent'.
JUANDEFUL!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2007, 08:10:18 PM »
DC76 Selected To  English Players Conference Select
Victoria Times-Colonist

Holding a dual passport does have its advantages for Spurs Network FC captain DC76. Although he is adamant about his being Canadian first, he was selected to the English Players Conference Select because of his British passport through his mother.

"I had to say, I was a little surprised that they picked me," the ex-Vikes captain said. "I'm very honoured. I mean, everyone knows where I stand in terms of who I represent. I'm as Canadian as ice hockey, maple syrup, apple fritters, and ambient music! But I consider England sort of my home away from home, plus the fans here are great, and the football is good. So you ask me, 'DC, why not choose one of the other three Home Nations?' [Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.] Well, my mom's dad was born and raised in Lancashire. So that's why FIFA has my second nationality on the books as England, and rightly so. I guess that's why I was eligible for selection to this team."

A former English international said to The Times in London recently that DC76 is "a player worth keeping an eye on," an opinion shared by former Canadian captain Jason De Vos, who currently plays for Ipswich Town in England, who called him "a definite asset to the Canadian football program." He is nominated for three awards in the CSA's year-end awards (which are awarded in mid-May), and "Iceman," as he's called by Canada's official football fan club, the Voyageurs, is also nominated for that group's Defender of the Year. So things seem to be on the up for Vancouver Island's latest star.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:12:23 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2007, 12:05:07 AM »
Spurs Network FC Are Too Good For Conference, Says Ferguson
football-league.co.uk

If any other Conference team had a song written about them called "Too Good For Conference," you'd think them the most arrogant people around. But with only nine points dropped all season (three draws and a loss to Tamworth), Spurs Network FC are a definite exception.

Or at least, that's what Sir Alex Ferguson thinks.

In a recent interview with the Manchester Evening News, the Scottish manager of Northern England giants Manchester United came right out and said just that.

"Spurs Network FC are too good for Conference," he said. "A team doesn't average nearly four goals per game [3.642 in SNFC's case] in a league that they should be in, let alone put forward these kinds of point numbers. I think every manager at that level goes pale thinking about having to play those guys in their next match. Hell, after that FA Cup run, I'm sure League Two teams feel the exact same way about having to play them next season! Most of their players are still quite young, too - for such a team to go into Stamford Bridge and give Ars*nal one hell of a match despite losing, after defeating several League clubs, is not something to look off. I can see this team thriving in the League."

Record-Demolishing Network Redifining The Face of Conference
Non-League Paper

The number of records the "Mighty Network" have broken this season has to be a record in itself. They've left the joint goal-scoring record of Barnet (1990-91) and Hereford (2003-04) in the dust with 153 goals in 42 games. They're near-perfect at home, dropping only two points in 21 home matches - a draw against St. Albans - and setting a new record for home wins in a season, beating Colchester's 1991-92 record of 19 home wins (they currently have 20).

Their earlier season unbeaten streak in Conference was snapped at a whopping 26 - the second-longest in Conference history and the longest since 1991 - and their current Conference streak is a very respectable 16. Even more impressive, though, is the fact that not only did they start their league football days with an 8-game winning streak, but they beat Hereford's record 11-game Conference win streak (a feat they accomplished twice, 02-03 and 03-04) with a 13-gamer, also ended by the loss at Tamworth. And don't look now, but they're looking to break the mark a second time against mid-table Northwich Vics! If Network play their cards right, not only will they max out at 129 points - 34 better than Yeovil's previous record of 95 - and increase all the overall win records they've set, but they could potentially break their own record for a win streak in the space of the same season!

Here are a list of season records SNFC now holds or co-holds:

(all within Conference)

Most wins - 41 (prev. 30)
Most wins at home - 22 (prev. 19)
Most wins away - 19 (prev. 15)
Longest winning streak - 14 (prev. 11)
Longest home unbeaten streak - 23 (prev. 21)
Most goals scored - 154 (prev. 103)
Most home goals scored - 84 (prev. 57)
Most away goals scored - 74 (prev. 61)
Most goals by one player - Rob, 46 (prev. 41)
Most points - 126 (prev. 95)
Fewest losses at home (tie) - 0 (the seventh team to go all season without losing at home)
Fewest losses - 1 or 2 (prev. 3, end-result depends on Stafford Rangers match)
Fewest home draws (tie) - 1 (tenth team)
Longest home win streak (tie) -  16 (with  1991/92  Colchester United)
Fewest away losses - 1 (prev. 2 by Yeovil, 98/99 and 01/02)
Fewest draws - 3 (with 82/83 Barnet)

In short, SNFC are redefining the face of Conference as we know it!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:20:56 AM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2007, 08:44:02 PM »

Dimitar B. has accepted his warning about his poor performance against Aldershot without comment.

Dj Frisky has signed a new contract with SpursNetwork FC. The deal will keep the striker at the clun until June 2015.

After many hours of negotiations  Topspur82 has finally signed a deal 7 year contract with SNFC.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2007, 11:00:18 PM »
Fun With Photos!
snfc.premiumtv.co.uk

Chairman Bill Power and several team members were in Bulgaria this past mid-week checking out the sizzling photoshoot alluded to in the last edition of SNFC Celebrity Watch, modelling SNFC-brand apparel. And yes, we have photos!

*picture of four hotties*
Exhibit one: (L-R) Leelee Sobieski looking like she'd be better suited to the pitch than the silver screen in SNFC home colours - white with navy trim and no numbers - and SNFC white wrist bracelets with navy lettering; Azie Tesfaye making our rarely-used away jerseys - cyan with black trim, no numbers - look hot, and also sporting a white SNFC headband with navy letters; Isabella Rijnties looking prepared to stop anything in SNFC's main goalkeeping jersey - green with black trim, no numbers, long-sleeved, and all-white gloves; Ally Zetterberg busting out a replica of the yet-to-be-used secondary goalkeeper's jersey - all-burgundy, long-sleeved, with white gloves - and also holding an SNFC Signature football, made by Adidas.

*picture of all models/actresses/whatever
Exhibit 2 - a shot of the gang wearing their favourite players' numbers

(L-R) Hayden Panettiere(Dimitar B., home), Leelee Sobieski (DC76, away), Azie Tesfaye (Rob, away), Isabella Rijnties (Storts, primary), Triinu Raudsepp (DC76, home), Ally Zetterberg (Svensson, primary), Jelena Salikova (Biggs, home), Lenka Batkova (dedleysting, away), Izabel Goulart (Biggs, away), Bar Refaeli (Daniisco, home), Tricia Helfer (DC76, home), Natalie Glebova (Lyubokick, away), Gisele Bündchen (Lyubokick, home), Yfke Sturm (Justin, home), Victoria Silvstedt (Daniisco, away), Laetitia Casta (dazzaTH, home), Angelle Tymon (Will, home), Arden Wohl (photographer for some shots, Rob, home).

*picture of Laetita Casta and Victoria Silvstedt*
Exhibit 3 - Laetitia (left) and Victoria looking YUMMY in SNFC bikinis, with the former wearing home white and the latter wearing away cyan.

*picture of Bar Refaeli and Izabel Goulart*
Exhibit 4 - SNFC one-piece swimsuits here in white (worn by Miss Refaeli on the left) and cyan (Izabel wearing this one)

*picture of Hayden*
Exhibit 5 - Heroes cheerleader-playing Hayden Panettiere looking elegant in a gorgeous white dress... and is that an SNFC locket she has on there? How much money would you put on her having her favourite footballer's picture in there?

*picture of Gisele, Yfke, and Triinu*
Exhibit 6 - all wearing Adidas SNFC Signature boots, Yfke Sturm (far right) and Triinu Raudsepp (centre) decide to pick on Gisele (left, in goal) and play a little shoot-on-goalie while sporting SNFC casual tee-shirts. Notice Gisele is wearing road cyan while the other two are wearing home white, both in the shirts and in the boots. The ball, again, is Adidas SNFC Signature.

*picture of Angelle and Natalie*
Exhibit 7 - Ahh, a game show goddess and a Miss Universe alumna. Both are looking cozy and dry in these waterproof replica SNFC training jackets, available in white and cyan, and also in black like their real-life counterparts.

*picture of Lenka and Jelena*
Exhibit 8 - Rob would like this shot. Here is a shot of Lenka (left, home jersey) and Jelena (right, away jersey) wearing full replica kits along with the white and blue variations of Adidas' ROBGeist boots. Jelena is also wearing the black variation of the SNFC replica training jacket.

*Picture of Tricia Helfer*
Exhibit 9 - bad-ass Cylon babe, dominatrix, or... SNFC fan? Canadian TV siren Tricia Helfer shows her allegiance with a white SNFC skirt to go with her white SNFC blouse, with the team's badge on the right hip!

Club Members - SEE MORE in our exclusive Members photo section!

DC76 Given Go-Ahead To "Bust Out Tunage"
snfc.premiumtv.co.uk

Avid musician DC76 has officially been cleared to begin recording his parts for working on Tunes To Play Football By, the SNFC original-works album scheduled for release in midsummer. He will play keyboard on the songs "Endgame" by industrial metal giants Fear Factory and "Made In Canada" by the out-of-hiatus Payola$, whose founding members are friends of DC's father.

"Time to bust out some tunage," the Canadian said in an interview with Blabbermouth magazine. "Music's always been a part of my life and I've always had this thing for the electronic side of things, so it's gonna be a lot of fun."

We also have a tentative tracklist for the album:

DISC 1: METALWORK

1. London Symphony Orchestra, Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra, and Czech Philharmonic Orchestra (conducted by John Williams) - The SNFC Theme.
2. Machine Head feat. London Symphony Orchestra, Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra, and Czech Philharmonic Orchestra (conducted by John Williams) - Angry Football
3. Hatebreed - Deadly (about dedleysting)
4. Arch Enemy - Murderous Intent (about dazzaTH)
5. System Of A Down - This Ref Sucks Ass And That Was A Goal (about Topspur82)
6. As I Lay Dying - Reality Brutality
7. Children Of Bodom - Ice-Cold Butchers (about the defence)
8. Front Line Assembly - Deprivation (about Storts)
9. Filter feat. Rhys Fulber and Bill Leeb - Circumvent (about Biggs)
10. Fear Factory feat. DC76 - Endgame
11. Deftones - The Desire To Win
12. Chevelle feat. Kirk Hammett - Gathering
13. Finger Eleven - Don't Hate, Appreciate
14. Metallica feat. London Symphony Orchestra, Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra, and Czech Philharmonic Orchestra (conducted by John Williams) - Rampant

DISC 2: EARNING OUR SPURS

1. Jet Set Satellite - Who Won? (We Won)
2. Parva - This Club
3. Incubus - Suck It Up, Princess
4. Trapt - Messing Around
5. Basement Jaxx - Music To Play Football To
6. U2 feat. London Symphony Orchestra, Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra, and Czech Philharmonic Orchestra (conducted by John Williams) - Underdog
7. Prodigy feat. Twista - Gimme The Ball! (about the forwards)
8. The Payola$ feat. DC76 - Made In Canada (about DC76)
9. Broken Social Scene - Fair Play
10. Stereophonics - New York Man (about Rob)
11. Ferry Corsten - Network
12. Paul van Dyk feat. F-Used - What I Know
13. Wyclef Jean - Same Sh*t Different Game
14. Delerium - Finale

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2007, 10:42:28 AM »

After many hours of negotiations Topspur82 has finally signed a deal 7 year contract with SNFC.

All that hagling was worth it, my new Aston Martin is kick ass,  and the top of the range home cinema setup with 50" 1080p Flat screen is jaw dropping :D

5. System Of A Down - This Ref Sucks Ass And That Was A Goal (about Topspur82)

Can I be guest drummer for this track? replaying all those disalowed goals and picturing all those guilty linesmen will make me hit those drums like Ricky Hatton hitting a pie shop! :D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:48:31 AM by Topspur82 »
JUANDEFUL!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #177 on: September 23, 2007, 05:09:16 PM »

DC76 has been awarded SNFC's Player's Player of the Year for the 2006/2007 season. DC76 helped SNFC to promotion from the English Conference, lead them to the FA Cup Semi Final and also earned an international Cap for Canada.

Manager Daniel comments on DC76 " DC's been tremendous, I couldn't have asked more from my captain. He's been a leader both on and off the pitch and has set a very good example for the youngsters at the club."

Swansea have won the English Vans Trophy with a 3-0 win over Stockport at Wembley.

Will has signed a new contract with SNFC, the deal will keep the defender at the club until 2012.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2007, 09:01:15 PM »
Sample Of Topspur Banging Bass Drum To Be Used
soadonline.net

As if you didn't think our song "This Ref Sucks And That Was A Goal" was wacky enough, we've been in touch with DC76 from Spurs Network FC and The "New Payola$," and he got us this great sample he recorded in the booth with his teammate Topspur82 just randomly wailing on one of those big bass drum thingies that orchestras and concert bands use (not the bowl-shaped timpani, those other ones), and I think it just suits the general insanity of this song. John [Dolmayan] started working on making it flow into the track by working the pedals yesterday, and it's sounding like it's gonna work great. Daron [Malakian] was killing himself laughing when he heard it. Shavo [Odadjian] was down with it, too. Look for Music To Play Football By, the multi-artist double disc this is on, to come out in early July.

Peace,
Serj [Tankian]

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2007, 08:39:37 PM »
Canadian Extreme Metal Band Shows Support For SNFC During Concert
Victoria Times-Colonist

Heavy metal and sport found a new mix in Victoria two nights ago!

Vancouver extreme metal band Strapping Young Lad not only tore the roof off the Save-on-Foods Memorial Arena with their sold-out concert on 24 April 2007, but in doing so, they gave a tip of the hat to their favourite football side in the process during the singing of their hit song, "You Suck."

Instead of singing "Even your girlfriend, she f*cking sucks!/HELL YEAH SHE F*CKING SUCKS" Devin Townsend, admittedly a huge fan of the "metal" Spurs Network FC, belted out "Exeter City they f*cking suck!" to which the response was, of course, "HELL YEAH THEY F*CKING SUCK!!" as SNFC pounded them 5-1 the previous day. He also dedicated "Wrong Side" to
DC76, who had told Devin that that was his favourite SYL song.

To hear the original of "You Suck," buy Strapping Young Lad's newest CD "The New Black" or check them out at
http://www.myspace.com/strappingyounglad . "Wrong Side" is also available on "The New Black."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:43:09 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!