Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Season News and Discussion Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2007, 05:39:09 PM »
DC76 Tells Young Teammate To Be Patient
guardianfootball.co.uk

Two days after Will issued his "play me or loan me" ultimatum to Spurs Network FC manager Daniel, team captain DC76 had some advice for the young defender.

"I had a field hockey coach in high school that told me, 'the more you whine about not being played, the more time you're going to spend on the bench,'" he said. "And besides, if he rushes in, he won't realise his true potential."

The Canadian went on to say that he was glad he stayed in school for this exact reason.

"I guess I was kinda lucky, having played five seasons in university football before coming over here, because it allowed me time to develop mine at a lower level before going full pro. I actually turned down a couple developmental offers - one in Germany and one in Finland - to stay in school, develop my game more gradually, and I think it paid off pretty well. I think Will has plenty of potential. He just needs to learn patience. Then everything else will fall neatly into place."

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2007, 08:09:11 PM »
Several SNFC Players Get Votes In Latest TSN Contest
tsn.ca

When polling concluded in TSN's People's Choice Awards voting, there were several players from surprising Conference juggernauts Spurs Network FC that got voted for.

In the best footballer category, Rob got a surprisingly high number of votes, with a total of 177 342, although Brazil's Kaká ended up topping the vote count with well over a million. The American striker already holds the Conference record for goals and there are still fifteen matches left in the season. He was also the top vote-getter amongst Networkers in the Favourite Non-Canadian Athlete category with 62 041 votes, which was ninth overall. This category in particular saw votes for several first-team regulars - Daniisco got 25 902 votes, DJ Frisky bagged 23 004, Lyubokick got 21 398, Dimitar B. tallied 18 480, alma had 17 998, COYS had 15 000, Biggs scored 13 782, Storts nabbed 12 875, and dedleysting rounded out those over ten thousand with 10 954. The winner of the category was German basketball player Dirk Nowitzki (745 198), with the top footballer again being Kaká (401 248).

Canadians did agree that Spurs Network FC was their favourite non-Canadian football club, finishing second only to the Phoenix Suns (who got 932 192 votes to SNFC's 752 410) in the Favourite Non-Canadian Team category. The voting for SNFC, not surprisingly, was most frequent in the Vancouver Island and Fraser Valley areas of British Columbia, as defender DC76 is from that area. Speaking of whom, he finished a solid third in the voting for Breakout Canadian Male  Athlete of the Year with a little under two million votes, behind another footballer, Issey Nakajima-Farran, and hockey wunderkind John Tavares. Other awards:

FAVOURITES CATEGORY

Favourite Canadian Male Athlete: Sidney Crosby
Favourite Canadian Female Athlete: Christine Sinclair
Favourite Canadian Baseball Player: Justin Morneau
Favourite Non-Canadian Baseball Player: Frank Thomas
Favourite Non-Canadian Baseball Team: Seattle Mariners
Favourite Canadian Men's Hockey Player: Sidney Crosby
Favourite Non-Canadian Men's Hockey Player: Saku Koivu
Favourite Women's Hockey Player: Hayley Wickenheiser
Favourite Non-Canadian Hockey Team: Detroit Red Wings
Favourite North American Football Player (Canada and US): Pinball Clemons (even though he's not playing anymore!)
Favourite CFL Team: Montreal Alouettes
Favourite NFL Team: Minnesota Vikings
Favourite Football Team: Toronto FC
Favourite Non-Canadian Football Team: Spurs Network FC
Favourite Non-Canadian Big-League Football Team: Tottenham Hotspur FC/1. FC Kaiserslautern (tie)
Favourite Canadian Male Footballer: Julián de Guzmán
Favourite Canadian Female Footballer: Christine Sinclair
Favourite Non-Canadian Footballer: Dimitar Berbatov
Favourite Basketball Team: Phoenix Suns
Favourite Canadian Basketball Player: Steve Nash
Favourite Non-Canadian Basketball Player: Dirk Nowitzki
Favourite Men's Tennis Player: Daniel Nestor
Favourite Women's Tennis Player: Maria Sharapova
Favourite Male Golfer: Tiger Woods
Favourite Female Golfer: Laurie Kane
Favourite Male Summer Olympian: Adam van Koeverden (rower)
Favourite Male Winter Olympian: Erik Guay (skier)
Favourite Female Summer Olympian: Lorri-Ann Muenzer (cyclist)
Favourite Female Winter Olympian: Cindy Klassen (speed-skater)
Favourite Foreign Olympian: Apollo Ohno (United States, speed-skater)
Breakout Canadian Male Athlete of the Year: John Tavares (hockey player)
Breakout Canadian Female Athlete of the Year: Emily Zurrer (footballer)
Favourite Non-Canadian Club Team/Franchise: Phoenix Suns (basketball)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2007, 12:49:57 AM »
Canadian Incensed At Wenger's Remarks About Canada
Sky Sports

After labelling Canada "a football no-zone" and "pathetic," Ars*nal manager Arsène Wenger figured he'd get told off by some people, mainly Spurs fans. Little did he know that a patriotic Canadian was right under his nose to remind him that hell hath no fury like a mad Canuck. We found that out first-hand in the most recent edition of the Non-League Paper.

"Another stupid remark from a moron who thinks he knows everything about football," said Spurs Network FC captain DC76, who at 23 years of age (Aside: in the game :P) was one of Canada's youngest-ever team captains as he led a surprisingly spry Canadian side to victory over African tigers Senegal. "I know my country isn't England, but we have made vast improvements over the last seven or eight years. We're not pushovers anymore. And if Monsieur Wenger wants proof of that, he can bring his sorry ass down to the Mansion and watch me go right through his precious Thierry Henry like a hot knife through butter... If there's one thing I can't stand, it's Canada-bashing. And all it'll do is make me want to play better, more aggressive football when we meet said basher. Oh, by the way, if Canada is such a no-zone, why then does he have fourteen million pissed-off Canadians breathing down his neck now? Why are all Canadian sports channels (and some American ones as well) set to boycott Ars*nal matches unless they're against Tottenham or Manchester United?"

He also pointed out the potential financial backlash from these remarks, which were made pretty common knowledge in Canada as they showed up on every Canada-based network from the CBC's NewsWorld channel to digital cable, all-football network GolTV.

"Lemme tell you something - in a recent poll done by Fox Sports World Canada, there were a couple hundred thousand Gooners (the rival teams' fans' name for Ars*nal players and fans) in Canada before this incident," he pointed out. "Recent events spurred FSW to do that poll again. How many are there now? NONE. ZERO. That's a few hundred thousand money-spending former Ars*nal fans who are taking their hard-earned money to other clubs. Congratulations, you imbecile. You just lost the club tens of millions. Oh well. Now they'll all spend their cash on teams with some actual class, like Tottenham Hotspur, or Toronto FC, or even Newcastle - and just for the record, the defenceman who scored that goal against you in the preseason when you LOST to Newcastle? He's as Canadian as ice hockey, maple syrup and apple fritters. So if our country is pathetic and a no-zone, what does that make you when the native of that country sent you home losers? Next time, choose your words more carefully." He left chanting a chant of Ars*nal's most bitter rivals, Tottenham Hotspur FC.

Speaking of Spurs, feisty right-back Paul Stalteri has the full support of his team-mates in any anti-Ars*nal endeavour, according to manager Martin Jol. One player, Finn Teemu Tainio, even called the archrival manager's remarks "the most ridiculous thing he'd ever heard," said the Dutchman, notorious for his "total football" style, which is as entertaining as it is effective.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2007, 09:53:56 PM »
"Another stupid remark from a moron who thinks he knows everything about football," said Spurs Network FC captain DC76,

:lolabove:

« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2007, 06:27:28 AM »
I think I am now equally eagerly waiting for games and for DC's reports :)
----------------

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »

Berba's Girl
has resumed full training following her shin injury.

SpursNetwork FC will play Crystal Palace in the FA Cup Fifth Round. The game will be played at Selhurst Park, London on Sat 17th feb 2007.

SNFC's manager Dan has won the English Conference Manager of the Month Award for January.

SNFC's pacey American goalscorer Rob is the winner of January's Player of the Month.

Rob has indicated in a local newspaper that his manager Dan was a key reason for the consistent form that recently won him Januarys player of the Month award.

Dimitar B
has won the Conference Young Player of the Month award for January.

An exciting future lies ahead for SNFC's hotshot goalscorer Rob according to one of today's daily newspapers.

The sentiment has been echoed in recent weeks by other experts in the media.

Manger Daniel has said he expects Rob to to a quality player in years to come.

In a recent Radio phone in on Talksport, SNFC fans expressed their delight that Manager Dan has found time to acknowledge Rob's obvious potential.  

Then fans currently have the utmost respect for Daniel abilities to manage the club and hope he will remain at the helm for as long as possible.

Chairman Bill Power is pleased with Daniel's handling of the media.

Both on and off the pitch he believes that Rob should be commended for his performance, attitude and loyalty to the club.

A growing number of the younger fans are seen wearing Rob's name on their shirts nowadays.

Keane on Spurs will be out of action for about 10 days after he suffered a stubbed toe in training on Monday.

THFC will be out for 2 weeks with a twisted ankle he suffered in training on Wednesday.

SNFC Reserves have lost 1-0 to Oxford Reserves today.

Norwich City have made an offer of £525,000 for dedleysting. SNFC  have rejected the offer.

SNFC's game against Oxford has been postponed due to bad weather.

SNFC Vs Burton Albion match has been moved for Live TV coverage.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2007, 12:58:31 PM »
"Norwich City have made an offer of £525,000 for dedleysting. SNFC  have rejected the offer."

the cheaky barstewards! :lol:

Dedleysting has responded to the offer made for him by Norwich City and other club who may be interested in him by stating how happy and settled he is a SNFC and doesnt not want a move away. "i am here to play my best football, and im working hard re-main in my managers plans for this great team"
COYS!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2007, 06:57:29 PM »
Soft-Spoken American Hitting Hard In England
ESPN.com

It seems these days that walking the streets of London, especially in the northern boroughs, an American can't help marvelling at how many people there are wearing Rob jerseys. The Conference striker seems to be the latest craze in the area, and even though he is playing at only the fifth level of the ultra-prestigious English [football] system, his statistics and highlight clips speak for themselves.

Not only is he the current single-season record-holder for goals, but he has also shown some playmaking skills and has excellent rapport with the fans at "The Mansion," where his club Spurs Network FC has cut its trade. Theirs is a rather unique story, having only made the Conference National because of an unfortunate and rather stupid bit of match-fixing by York City, who are now playing in the Conference North. Their team is obviously mostly English, made up of "a rag-tag bunch of Spurs fans" (and by that they mean North London originals Tottenham Hotspur, NOT the San Antonio Spurs!) and playing out of the same borough, but they also have an American, a Canadian, a Bulgarian, a German, and a Dutchman playing regularly. Always the crows left of the murder, they made the outspoken Canadian, Pacific Northwesterner DC76, their team captain! And he'd be the first to tell you how much the team appreciates Rob.

"He's definitely our star," he said in a phone interview. "The things he is capable of are just flat-out unreal. Just when you think you have him figured out... BAM! He comes up with half a dozen new ways to beat you. He's incredibly creative, and he isn't the ball-hog some pundits make him out to be, either - he can start plays just as well as he can finish them. I'm not looking forward to playing against him in confederational play, that's for sure!"

Off-pitch, Rob is grounded and soft-spoken, a fact that makes him all the more popular with fans in the area, not to mention at home in New York, where his popularity has reportedly exceeded that of any Red Bulls player! He frequents the numerous joint autograph sessions in North London, done with Tottenham Hotspur FC, where he sometimes gets his picture taken alongside Canadians DC76 and Paul Stalteri by fans of North American football. Apparently popular Dutch manager Martin Jol is a fan of his. One thing is certain, though - Rob is doing his country proud in England, and his stock is soaring.

SNFC Laughs Off Norwich Offer
tsn.ca

It seems Spurs Network FC got little more than "a good laugh" out of Norwich City FC's half-million-pound offer for up-and-coming left wing-back/mid
dedleysting. According to England's Non-League Paper, Norwich offered
£525K for him, only to get the response, "now THAT'S funny!" In a press conference, SNFC chair Bill Power had this to say:

"I don't think [manager] Daniel and I have ever had that good a laugh at an offer before! Not only does dedleysting not want to go to Norwich, but even if he did, 525K just doesn't cut it for a player of his calibre. Not even close. If I were him, I'd be slightly insulted!"

And apparently, the player in question was slightly insulted!

In other transfer news, it is rumoured around Haringey that one of the team's forwards could be up for sale.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 07:07:44 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2007, 05:10:34 PM »

Big move close for Rob?
The Times

The Times have today stated that pacey goalscorer Rob is growing to be a big fish in a very small pond at Spurs Network FC and that his current form must be attracting the attention of bigger clubs.

SNFC Chairman Bill Power has indicated that while Rob has the ability to succeed at the highest level, he is not for sale at any price.

Keane on Spurs has begun full training following his foot injury.

Crystal Palace or SNFC will play either Plymouth or Luton in the FA Cup Quarter Final.

THFC resumes light training.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »
Power "Elated" By Team's Success
snfc.premiumtv.co.uk

After two historic victories - the team's record-tying 30th Conference win this season and a fifth-round marathon against Crystal Palace - multi-millionaire SNFC Bill Power is all smiles. Only a day after the victory over Palace, he did an interview with the Non-League Paper about his club's unexpected success.

"Let me tell you, when I formed this club, I had no idea that this would happen at all," he says. "New clubs are usually the minnows. But it seems these 'minnows' have turned out to be barracudas instead. I'm absolutely elated about this season. What chairman wouldn't be? Forging this deep into the FA Cup? That might be commonplace for a Premiership team, but not for a Conference National one! And how about the fact that we seem to be re-writing the Conference record book? I never saw that coming!

"They're calling this a 'star factory,' but I don't really see this club that way. Sure, we have produced a number of international-calibre players already, but the fact of the matter is, this has as much to do with team chemistry as it does with individual ability, and Daniel, the man I hired to be manager, has done a flawless job of nurturing both in the team."

Taking an active interest in his players' countries' football programs, Mr. Power seems to have done his research. He astounded the interviewer with his knowledge of the programs of some of his players' nations in talking about how highly they've been touted:

"Each regular has been touted in some way by the pundits. Rob, being American, is getting all sorts of attention from his country's football community, and yes, I'm talking about the real football. The Canadians are incredibly excited about DC76 - they've been moaning about the hole in the centre defence that has to be patched up since [Jason] DeVos retired, even when [Andrew] Hainault started playing there, but since the big guy joined Canada's national pool in that win over Senegal, they aren't complaining anywhere near as much. Then there's Lyubokick. I think it was Dimitar Berbatov that said he was looking forward to the time when he's playing alongside Lyubokick because he's a consistent force wherever he plays on the pitch and is able to start and finish plays, depending on what the team needs at the time. There's a big battle brewing between England and Romania regarding Craig at the moment, and I'm not at all surprised. When Craig plays, he's been pretty solid, making the key plays that need to be made. alma will surely represent Germany - even when she's not scoring, she's creating space for others to score, and she seldom scores without throwing a little flair into the mix. Then there's Justin, who must have done something right if he has a local supermodel wanting to date him [referring to his rumoured romance with Yfke Sturm]! If you've seen him play, you'd know that he is often in the thick of the play even though he doesn't get too much credit for what he does. And he might not be a great goal scorer, but he can sure score some great goals!

And then of course, we have our unbelievable local talent - Storts, Berba's Right Peg, Dannyn99, Topspur82, Daniisco, Dimitar B., dazzaTH, Biggs, COYS, THFC, Berba's Girl, Keane On Spurs, dedleysting... the list goes on for miles!"

There were two situations the interviewer had to ask him about - the international status of backup goalkeeper Svensson, and the rumours that DJ Frisky is the reported player that may be on the move.

"Svensson seems more likely to play for Wales," the chairman said. "Germany have been eyeing him, but with players like Wiese, Hildenbrand and so forth ahead of him in the depth chart I just can't see a player of his calibre left to the B-team. Wales have said time and again that they want him, so I can only see him playing for them.

As for the Frisky situation, that's up in the air at the moment. He started off fine here, but then his ego started to take off and he started whining when he didn't get played, which eventually led to a practice-time locker-room bust-up between him and Biggs, where DC76 had to step in between the two before they stopped. So I think we'll see him shopped at the next window. It's too bad, really. He is a powerful player, but he has let his ego get the better of him."

So out of 10, how does he rate his team's performance?

"20! They've exceeded everyone's expectations by a massive degree this season, and I salute every one of them."

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2007, 10:38:29 PM »
SNFC To Expand Operations Into Canada?
canadian-football.ca via football-rumours.com

Although this has neither been confirmed nor denied by team chairman Bill Power, there have been some rumblings of late that Spurs Network FC, the ever-surging Conference trend-setters, may follow in the footsteps of the team they just ousted from the FA Cup, Crystal Palace, in starting a farm team in Canada, to play in the semi-professional Pacific Coast Football League. The rumoured venues, all in Canada's westernmost province, British Columbia, include a borough of the capital city, Victoria (who already have Victoria United in the same league), Nanaimo (which at this point seems the most likely venue), Duncan, Courtenay, Vernon, Salmon Arm, and Cranbrook.

This rumour started after a promise by some BC politicians to bring more professional football to their province, which has experienced a small boom of late in its football production, largely due to the consistent USL success of the Vancouver Whitecaps, and the more recent successes BC players abroad such as DC76 (Shawnigan Lake, Spurs Network FC), Richard Hastings (Prince George, Inverness Caledonian Thistle), Keegan Ayre (Vancouver, Hibernian), Daniel Imhof (Smithers, VfL Bochum), Josh Simpson (Vancouver, 1. FC Kaiserslautern), and Jacob Lensky (Vancouver, Feyenoord).

Allegedly, Bill Power, an English multi-millionare who's as notorious for his support of grassroots football as he for his entrepreneurship and his success with SNFC, is looking to grow the game abroad. He's currently considering the offer of a grant to bring the team to British Columbia, according to a couple news sources, but also hasn't said he will for sure, a spokesman for SNFC said.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2007, 08:06:05 PM »
Fantastic articles DC.

THFC has begun full training following his foot injury.

Talented Biggs given Boost
Daily Mail

An exciting future lies ahead for Spurs Network FC's skillful attacker Biggs according to a former footballer in the Daily Mail today.

The sentiment has echoed in recent weeks by other experts in the media. They all expect Biggs to become a quality player for years to come.

SNFC will play Luton in the FA Cup Quarter Final.

SNFC's powerhouse forward Topspur82 is the winner of February's English Conference Player of the Month Award. SNFC's Rob had previous won all of the other Month Awards.

« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2007, 08:40:27 PM »
Nice, Luton are winable!

COYSN

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2007, 09:48:18 PM »
If we beat Palace and Norwich, we should be able to beat Luton. Not saying that means we will beat them, of course.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2007, 06:55:05 AM »
Quote from: Daniisco;20080
An exciting future lies ahead for Spurs Network FC's skillful attacker Biggs according to a former footballer in the Daily Mail today.

The sentiment has echoed in recent weeks by other experts in the media. They all expect Biggs to become a quality player for years to come.

Yay !! Give more talanted players to SNFC !! :D
Don't give too much applause to that particular lad, though. Tt's feeding his other side, the dark and arogant one :)
----------------