Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Season News and Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2007, 09:14:43 PM »
Fear Factory Parodies Themselves For SNFC
fearfactory.com

Being fans of Spurs Network FC in England, Burton [C. Bell] thought it would be cool to join in on the SNFC parody record, which also includes Hatebreed and parody king Weird Al Yankovic. So, here's "Network!"

(to the tune of "New Breed")

WE ARE THE NETWORK!
WE ARE THE FUTURE!
WE ARE THE NETWORK!
WE ARE THE FUTURE!

WE HAVE THE GAME THAT SHUTS THEM UP
AND WILL GO ON TO HOIST SOME CUPS

S-N-F-C
S-N-F-C

WE HAVE CONTROL OF DESTINY
WE HAVE CONTROL OF WHAT'S TO BE

BORN FOR FOOTBALL
BORN FOR FOOTBALL
BORN FOR FOOTBALL
BORN FOR FOOTBALL

NETWORK!!!
 NETWORK!!!
NETWORK!!!
NETWORK!!!

BORN FOR FOOTBALL
BORN FOR FOOTBALL

S-N-F-C
S-N-F-C
S-N-F-C
S-N-F-C

NETWORK!!!
NETWORK!!!
NETWORK!!!
NETWORK!!!
NETWORK!!! (CAN'T BEAT THE NETWORK)
NETWORK!!! (NOT AT THE MANSION)
NETWORK!!! (CAN'T BEAT THE NETWORK)
 NETWORK!!! (NOT AT THE MANSION)

NETWORK!
NETWORK!
NETWORK!
NETWORK!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 09:20:52 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2007, 10:07:54 PM »
Nice one DC.

Come on you networkers!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2007, 12:05:16 AM »
IN STORES NOW - Network Of Parodies
snfc.premiumtv.co.uk

It seems the music industry has taken notice of the growing popularity of our SNFC among musicians by giving them money to do a parody record, where the songs are changed to be about the Mighty Network!

1. System Of A Down - Network Song (based on "Prison Song")
2. Filter - Lyubokick (based on "Discotheque" by U2)
3. Finger Eleven - Daniisco (based on "Panic Attack")
4. Hatebreed feat. Kirk Hammett (from Metallica) - Too Good For Conference (based on "Final Prayer")
5. Weird Al Yankovic - Closer (based on "Closure" by Chevelle)
6. Metallica - For Whom They Score Goals (based on "For Whom The Bell Tolls")
7. Metallica - Rob (based on "One")
8. Paul van Dyk feat. F-used (Kirsty F. Hawkshaw and Jan Johnston) - Goal-Bound (based on "Spellbound")
9. Fear Factory - Network (based on "New Breed")
10. Prodigy feat. Juliette Lewis - Dimitar B. (based on "Hotride")

We were even able to do interviews with the musicians involved as this record was recorded and produced right here in London by Bob Rock and Paul van Dyk. We got Bob Rock, Hatebreed frontman Jamey Jasta, SOAD singer Serj Tankian, all four members of Metallica, PvD, both members of F-Used, Burton Bell and Raymond Herrera from Fear Factory, Richard Patrick from Filter, Juliette Lewis, and Keith Flint and Liam Howlett from Prodigy all in the same room together as well as SNFC captain DC76 and chairman Bill Power. Here's a transcript from the interview, which was shown on MuchMusic in Canada and MTV2 in the US (and wherever available here in the UK).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SNFC: First of all, welcome to Haringey, and I hope you've enjoyed doing this.

Tankian: It isn't like the next SNFC album, which is a double-disc and is due in May, where we need to sit and think of something new that works - we were just re-hashing some of our old songs, and having a blast in the process.

Hawkshaw: It was great. I wasn't even expecting Paul to call me up to ask if I wanted to work on this.

Johnston: And the song we did had so profound a meaning change that Kirsty and I were laughing our asses off by the end of recording.

PvD: Yeah, you were laughing so much that it took us twice as long to get the thing recorded... can't say I blame you, though.

Bell: Let's face it guys, this whole thing was f*ckin hilarious! A third of the time we took to record this bitch musta been f*ckin goofing off! And what about when Bob decided to record us all screaming the chorus to "Too Good For Conference?"

Rock: I wasn't expecting James to get into vocal character for that. Honestly. I had no idea.

Jasta: *laughing* I'm glad you did that, though. Throwing that in with the samples of the SNFC crowd at the Mansion made it sound so much more appropriate for this project. And plus it was funny. Gave the ladies a chance to go a little nuts for a change!

Hawkshaw: *elbows Jamey*

SNFC: So what made you decide to do this?

Bell: this f*cker right here! *shoves DC76, laughs* Seriously, he was the one that started the whole "Conference, too good for them" thing after about a dozen games in the season. Then of course, the fans caught onto the fact that he liked the heavy metal, and started coming up with improvised metal parodies of their own, like the "Can't beat the Network, not in the Mansion," and it just snowballed.

Jasta: I think it was at Download UK when the idea of a project started, because 'Tallica and FF and us were all sharing a stage. I think you went there for the Friday show, didn't you, DC?

DC76: Yeah, and it killed, too.

Jasta: so James and Burt and I all put an open shout out to anyone who wanted to parody songs for SNFC, and we were hit with five right away, and I was like "Holy sh*t, I didn't think we'd get this good a response!"

SNFC: Given that your three bands are all metal/hardcore, it's a surprise that some other genres got involved as well.

Jasta: It was all metal at first. You had Serj chomping at the bit. Then of course, Weird Al. You have to have this guy on a parody record. He's a f*ckin genius at this sort of thing! But out of nowhere, we get this complete opposite of us - wearing these fancy suits and looking all glammed up and what not - who happens to share a soft spot for the club. So we were like, "who the hell is this guy? Oh what the f*ck, he's a Network fan, so that's what matters. Let's call him in!" Turns out this guy is the world's #1 DJ or some sh*t like that, plus he got nominated for a Grammy a couple of years back too.

Herrera: His music may not be our cup of tea, but he's good at what he does. *laughs* But he even volunteered to play keyboards and add extra electronics on "Network!" F*CKIN EH RIGHTS!!

Burton: He slaps these patches of his on this computer-linked keyboard he's got and busts some sounds out, then Ray and Christian [Olde Wolbers] and Byron [Stroud] and I all look at each other in complete shock, then I look at him and basically order him to put those sounds on our parody.

PvD: Not like I'm gonna argue.

Jasta: of course, then we get a phone call from Canada saying that Bob f*ckin Rock wants a piece of the action, that he's a huge SNFC fan...

DC76: ...and that he was my dad's best friend in high school?

Rock: you knew that would play in eventually, huh?

Jasta: exactly. So he ends up producing the record. You shoulda heard some of the arguments he and Paul got into when working this thing :p

Ulrich: It was a reminder of the Black Album days!

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2007, 12:05:46 AM »
(continued from above post)

SNFC: so where do Filter and the ladies come in?

Hetfield: it was actually FF's touring keyboardist that got Filter's attention about this. U2 had apparently wanted in, 'cuz Adam [Clayton] is apparently a fan, but couldn't make it because they were touring, so Richard goes and asks Bono over the phone if he could cover a U2 song, so he obliged. As for Jan and Kirsty, well Jan was already the vocalist for the song Paul wanted to parody, but she was working on something with Kirsty at the time, so it was either a package deal or no deal. Not that we minded or anything. Hell, at the time, we barely knew who they were so we didn't give a rat's ass!

Hammett: but then of course, we met them!

Hawkshaw/Johnston: awww!

Hetfield: Then Paul gets on the horn to this guy named Liam...

Howlett: That would be me.

Hetfield: ... who had said he was interested and had left a message on Paul's cell phone, to give him the details. I must say, some of the collaborations that resulted were f*cked up, man!

Ulrich: You can say that again! Having you having to tune your guitar down to B to be the lead guitarist for Weird Al's little number and then have Steve [Gillis, Filter's drummer] and Byron complete the band.

Burton: and what about an actual SNFC player on keyboards for our tunes using Paul's sounds... and even one of his own?

Power: So that's why he left the stadium when he was subbed off! *laughs* Yes, I'm kidding.

DC76: playing keyboard with one of my favourite bands? How could I possibly refuse? Besides, what SNFC record would be complete without a cameo from someone who plays for them?

SNFC: what other combinations manifested?

DC76: well you had PvD chipping in sounds for Filter, Kirsty and Jan deciding to back-up sing for Juliette on "Dimitar B...."

Lewis: Yeah, that was fun!

DC76: I think the most notable one was Kirk playing the solos in "Too Good For Conference," in the place of the ones Kerry King played in "Final Prayer."

Flint: What about you and Metallica?

Ulrich: Yeah, what about that?

DC76: it was that good?

Ulrich: Dude, "One" sounded like S&M all over again!

SNFC: I'd noticed, it was in E key again.

Hetfield: Yeah, that was Bob's idea - he figured it sounded better that way, so we tuned up to E and hoped I didn't blow my vocal cords out again.

Hammett: And fortunately, you didn't.

SNFC: so about the lyrics...

Everyone: *laughs*

Hetfield: F*ck man, I didn't think we were capable of anything that kooky! "Now the D is gone, there's just Rob, oh God help me, hold my breath as I wait for Rob to put the ball past me?" "Network is taking us down, grinding us up, swallowing us whole, scoring more goals, stopping more shots, kicking our ass, leaving us here in hell?"

Burton: kooky doesn't even begin to describe it, man!

Hawkshaw: When I first looked at the lyrics, I'd wondered if Paul had gone completely mad! But then I realised what he was doing. Never a bad thing to do something "just for fun" once in a while!

Burton: F*ckin right! The guys had a blast! You could tell DC was enjoying it, too! He was f*ckin head bangin when he was hitting the fake ivories! And how about Kirk busting out solos in every song he played, including the parody of "Closure?" I remember one of the guys from Chevelle having heard this and going like, "woah, what the f*ck? Why didn't we think of that?"

Jasta: We had to force him to stop because he kept trying to outdo himself after he'd already outdone Kerry's "Final Prayer" contribution!

Patrick: We, as in Filter, were a little more serious because we didn't want to mess up a song by U2. But the guys here said our little parody was pretty cool, so, maybe we should have loosened up a little.

Burton: I swear, you could tell Richard was high-strung in the first week or so. So I was like, "BUDDY! Cool the f*ck down! Have some fun!" And once they figured out that this was about just that, fun, then they started to loosen up, and everything just fell into place.

DC76: I'm sure Lyubo's gonna love it.

SNFC: Last question, who is on board for the original-works project?

Rock: All of us (except Bill) for starters. We have two more people producing - Johnny Vicious, a trance DJ, and Rhys Fulber. Weird Al isn't going to be on this record. I think there were more people interested in this aspect - we tentatively have thirty tracks for this thing.

Jasta: Nothing short of a f*ckin monster!

Rock: As I Lay Dying, both big Fulber/Leeb projects, Chevelle, Basement Jaxx, Parva, um... who else?...

Hetfield: Machine Head.

DC76: Machine f*ckin Head??? SWEET!!

Rock: Thanks, that reminded me. Machine Head, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Ferry Corsten, Jet Set Satellite, Bloc Party, Broken Social Scene, Stereophonics, Deftones, Twista, and I think U2 said they could actually make it for this one. Wasn't this indie ambient group supposed to be involved too?

DC76: Mythos was going to be but pulled out, I think. Pity, really.

SNFC: Thank you all for showing up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the tentative list of artists involved in the Tunes To Play Football By (working title) project is:

Metallica, System Of A Down, Filter, Finger Eleven, Hatebreed, Paul van Dyk, F-Used, Fear Factory, Prodigy, As I Lay Dying, Delerium, Front Line Assembly, Chevelle, Basement Jaxx, Parva, Jet Set Satellite,
Machine Head, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Ferry Corsten, Broken Social Scene, Stereophonics, Deftones, Twista, U2

and added after interview time:

Wyclef Jean, Incubus, The Payola$, Trapt, The London Symphony Orchestra (conducted by John Williams).

DC76's agent said he's unlikely to be on anything to do with this record before mid-April.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:28:13 AM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2007, 12:33:39 AM »
wow thats a long post, rep just for time input!
JUANDEFUL!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2007, 07:34:38 PM »

SNFC have won the English Conference League.

FA Cup Quarter Final Results:

Liverpool 2-3 Ars*nal
SNFC 1-0 Luton
Preston 0-1 Man City
Blackburn 2-0 Spurs

Craig has been called up to the Romania Under 21 squad for the matches against Hungary and Luxembourg.

Spurs Network FC will play Ars*nal in the FA Cup Semi Final. The game will be played at Stamford Bridge.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2007, 08:54:49 PM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOHOHOHOH!!! SO WE DO PLAY THE ABOMINATIONS IN THE SEMIS!! TIME TO GIVE 'EM HELL!! :evil:

Insurgent Network Drawn Against Lucky Ars*nal
Victoria Times-Colonist

It seems DC76 will get his chance to repay Arsène Wenger for his blatantly anti-Canadian remarks made in mid-January, because the lucky North London side who narrowly escaped their match against Liverpool was drawn against Spurs Network FC, the Conference club that just seems to keep winning! We were fortunate enough to get the former Vikes captain on the phone to ask him about the prospect of playing his club's most hated team.

"The fact that we have been drawn against Ars*nal has everyone hungrier than ever here at the Mansion," he says. "They [the FA] moved the match to Stamford Bridge because they know damn well that Networkers in the Emirates would be like a bucket of vinegar tossed into a pile of baking soda. The Bridge will be locked down like a prison. It's time to show them who really wears the pants in North London football. dazzaTH was saying to me that he can't wait to get his hands on some of their players. I'm with him there."

"We have every intention of making Ars*nal pay the price. Whether that be for a screwy foreign policy which sees not a single English player start for the team, for his ignorant remarks about my country, for giving Spurs the shaft all those years ago, or for their constant cheating and gamesmanship, or all of the above, makes no difference. They might win. But we will NOT go down without a fight. [Manager] Daniel will clobber any one of us who doesn't give at least a hundred percent! Because he hates Ars*nal as much as we do. Same with Mr. [Bill] Power [team chairman]."

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2007, 03:09:20 PM »
Paper Headlines:

Bust up at SNFC changing room between manager and star player
Is Daniel loosing the Dressing room
Biggs speaks out about his frustration
Biggs: "Daniel doesn't appreciate my talent"

:sneakyfecker:

Offline Storts

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2007, 03:17:31 PM »
It seems there are big problems down at the Mansion if this mornings papers are anything to go by.
Despite being in the semi finals of the cup and walking away with the league a bust up has taken place.
One of Spurs Network's key players, Biggs, has come out and criticized manager Daniel for failing to play the youngster in his favoured striking positiion.

The Daily Mail are pleased to report we have an exclusive interview with the Networkers start keeper Storts in this evenings edition so make sure you pick up a copy.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »
Biggs Needs To "Suck It Up" - DC76
Rogers SportsNet Atlantic

In a recent interview with Sky Sports, who were mildly concerned about to-dos in the locker room after reports ran rampant of locker-room tension, team captain DC76 was very blunt about the situation.

"Everything about the Frisky situation had gone by the wayside long ago," he said, "and as for there being other dissenting members in the locker room, that's a pile of bullsh*t. Biggs is just being a drama mama. Suck it up! You're better on the wing than you are at striker, end of story.

[Manager] Daniel's not dumb. He sees the guy's obvious crossing upside and the fact that there are umpteen other people on the team who can finish a shot better than he can. If we had everyone who wanted to play striker doing so, we'd have virtually no width.

The rest of the team's players seem to be perfectly fine with where they're playing, and Biggs is no more or less important than the rest of us. How does it go? There's no 'I' in football."

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2007, 10:22:36 PM »
23/08/07 Paper Headline:

Biggs goes AWOL

Biggs Misses Training session

:lol: :sneakyfecker:

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2007, 12:56:30 PM »
Ars*nal in for SNFC starlet
the mirror

The Mirror today suggest Ars*nal are on the verge of agreeing a fee with SNFC for creative midfielder Biggs. Manager Daniel is said to be fed up with Bigg's prima donna outburst and may see the move best for both parties.

If the deal does go through it will see Biggs move to Ashburton at the end of the season.

« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2007, 01:28:24 PM »
They need a towell for the bench or what ? :)
----------------

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2007, 06:34:30 PM »
Quote from: Daniisco;23085
Ars*nal in for SNFC starlet
the mirror

The Mirror today suggest Ars*nal are on the verge of agreeing a fee with SNFC for creative midfielder Biggs. Manager Daniel is said to be fed up with Bigg's prima donna outburst and may see the move best for both parties.

If the deal does go through it will see Biggs move to Ashburton at the end of the season.

:blink:

OUCH.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2007, 08:31:52 PM »
Now whos gonna be stuck in the reserves!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
JUANDEFUL!