Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Season News and Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2007, 07:50:04 AM »
Heavy Devvy Does It Again
Blabbermouth Magazine

If you heard anything from Victoria about the Strapping Young Lad concert, it was about Devin Townsend's changing the lyrics to SYL's hit song "You Suck" to suit the fact that his favourite s*ccer team, England's Spurs Network FC, "beat the piss outta" Exeter City.

Well guess what?

The manic Vancouverite extremist and his band have done it again, this time in Calgary on 29 April after stops in Vancouver (25 April), Kelowna (26 April), and Kamloops (27 April). This time, the victim was Woking FC. And Calgarians drank it right up, yelling back "HELL YEAH THEY F*CKING SUCK" at the top of their lungs in response to "Woking FC they f*cking SUCK!" After the song was finished, Devin went on a short rant before busting into another track, "Sh*tstorm," from their 2005 album, Alien. Here's what he said:

"F*CK YEAH!! I can tell there are some motherf*ckin' NETWORKERS IN THE CROWD TONIGHT!! You know something about those guys? Now I know most people 'round these here parts think s*ccer is for f*ckin' sissies, but have you seen the way these f*ckers take the ball away from the opposition? I didn't know that sh*t was f*ckin' legal in s*ccer! And you know something else? These f*ckers play HEAVY F*CKIN METAL at their matches! And then these people wonder why they win matches by four or five goals?  OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO F*CKIN WIN BY FOUR OR FIVE MOTHERF*CKIN GOALS!! THEY LISTEN TO EAR-SHATTERING, GUT-CRUNCHING, FACE-MELTING, BLOOD-BOILING, HEAVY MOTHERF*CKING METAL!! *maniacal laughter* Now what about more for you...  IS THAT A SH*TSTORM I HEAR COMIN' IN??"

I'm telling you, that Devin is F*CKED UP! But it's good to see that the metal community has embraced this new team to the extent that it has, and the opposite is true as well. Apparently, Canadian Spurs Network FC captain DC76, an admitted metal aficionado, is wanting to go down the Fear Factory path of industrial metal with a project of his own, plus he is currently working with the same Fear Factory on a song for the double-disc SNFC project, Music To Play Football By.

Networkers Honoured
snfc.premiumtv.co.uk

Some honours for our guys after a season of fine football:

Rob - S*ccer USA Young Player of the Year, ESPN Espy for Breakout Athlete of the Year, GolTV USA Rookie Of The Year, SNFC Fans' Choice Player Of The Year, SNFC Fans' Choice Forward Of The Year, Blue Square Conference Fans' Choice Player Of The Year, Blue Square Conference Fans' Choice Forward Of The Year, Blue Square Conference Fans' Choice Foreign Player Of The Year, Non-League Paper Non-League Player Of The Year, Upper Deck All-North-America Futures Squad Member

Storts - Blue Square Conference Fans' Choice 'Keeper Of The Year, Upper Deck All-England Futures Squad Member.

Biggs - Blue Square Conference Fans' Choice Unsung Hero, Upper Deck All-England Futures Squad Member, SNFC Fans' Choice Most Versatile Player, SNFC Fans' Choice Most Exciting Player.

Daniisco - Blue Square Conference Fans' Choice Midfielder Of The Year,
Upper Deck All-England Futures Squad Member, SNFC Fans' Choice Midfielder Of The Year, Blue Square Conference Fans' Choice Most Gentlemanly Player.

DC76 - Voyageurs' Young Player Of the Year, Blue Square Conference Fans' Choice Defender Of The Year, SNFC Fans' Choice Defender Of The Year, Upper Deck All-North-America Futures Squad Team Captain, Non-League Paper Non-League Defender Of The Year, GolTV Canada Rookie of the Year.

alma - Upper Deck All-German Futures Squad Member

Dimitar B. -
Upper Deck All-England Futures Squad Member, Non-League Paper Non-League Unsung Hero.

Lyubokick - BFU Young Player Of The Year, Upper Deck All-Balkans Futures Squad Member, also received several regional awards and "players to watch" plaudits

Topspur82 -
Upper Deck All-England Futures Squad Team Captain, Non-League Paper Top English Player Non-League, Blue Square Conference Fans' Choice English Player Of The Year.

dazzaTH, JamezTheYido, dedleysting, Will, COYS, THFC, Keane On Spurs, Berba's Girl, Dannyn99 - Upper Deck All-England Futures Squad Team Members.

Craig -
Upper Deck All-Balkans Futures Squad Member

Justin - Upper Deck All-Benelux Futures Squad Member

DJ Frisky - Upper Deck All-Ireland Futures Squad Member, FAI Young Player Of The Year
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 12:30:39 AM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #181 on: October 04, 2007, 07:32:41 PM »
Brilliant DC.

Loved this award:
Daniisco - Blue Square Conference Fans' Choice Most Gentlemanly Player
:spoton:

At the end of the season I'll write up a manager and coaches report for our the players.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More SNFC News

1. Chelsea have won the English Premier League.
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Ars*nal
5. Spurs

SNFC’s 14 games won in a row between 14th Feb to the 28th April is a new record.

SNFC’s manager Daniel has won the English Conference Manager of the Month award for April.

Rob wins the Player of the Month award for the 8th month this season.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #182 on: October 06, 2007, 01:27:11 AM »
SNFC News Tidbits
snfc.premiumtv.co.uk

On the eve of SNFC's last match of the season, there are a few little news bits floating around:

- Bill Power has come right out and said it - Ars*nal doesn't deserve to win the FA Cup. Why, you ask? Nothing to do with beating SNFC, if he has anything to say about it. In his view, Ars*nal is setting a bad example for English football clubs by "not starting more than one English player in a match on a disgustingly regular basis."

- Manager Daniel, in the meantime, has been praised by Spurs manager Martin Jol and various members of the English FA for maintaining a "perfect balance" between domestic and foreign players (keeping in mind that some English players on the team (Craig, Biggs) have foreign citizenship and some foreign players (DC76, for example) have English citizenship) and in particular referred to SNFC's "prime 1-2 striking punch" of Rob and Topspur82 as an example of foreign and domestic working together to improve the English game.

- What is it with SNFC and supermodels? Our club is hardly the richest club in England, nor is it in the top flight, but our FA Cup run and sheer dominance of Conference opposition has caught the eye of as many as two dozen of the world's best-known models, according to Heidi Klum, herself a top supermodel. Why? Apparently confidence without cockiness is sexy, plus Klum admitted that she admires the fact that SNFC has yet to back down from anyone.

When asked if she knew if any supermodels were dating Networkers yet, she said that there were only two she knew that were sure things - Yfke Sturm (Justin) and Isabella Rijnties (Storts) - but that three others - Gisele Bündchen, Lenka Batkova, and Bar Refaeli - were rumoured to be pursuing "their men" as well. But Refaeli apparently has competition for English wunderkind Daniisco in buxom Swedish ex-Playmate Vickie Silvstedt!

- DC76 was seen emerging from an undisclosed London recording studio Thursday, chatting with Paul Hyde from The Payola$ and Christian Olde Wolbers from Fear Factory about his recent recording done for FF's latest song. FF's drummer, Raymond Herrera, said the song "Endgame" is "a f*ckin' masterpiece full of industrial metal goodness!"

- while we're on the Canadian front, apparently the Canuck and his American pal Rob were out on the town Friday night. Not that that's worth reporting, except on account of whom they were reportedly with! The rumours of DC being Leelee Sobieski's new love interest are going crazy after a supposed "double date" in a ritzy restaurant in London that also saw Rob make acquaintances with one Azie Tesfaye! Hey, you never know!

In typical DC fashion, he was open and blunt as a spoon about it all.

"I'm not actually sure of Leelee's status," the Canadian said, "but when a gorgeous movie star like that invites you to come meet and dine with her, you go. She's a very classy individual, intelligent, kinda goofy but in a good way, and hey, you gotta admire someone that elegant-looking who can throw the metal horns properly! We had a lot of fun that night! I wouldn't say we're necessarily an item... yet. I also had the pleasure of meeting this Finnish supermodel [Triinu Raudsepp] after a match who seemed to be into me too, so it's gonna be a tough decision. Ahh, being single!"

Asked about Rob, he had this to offer.

"Oh man, Azie [Tesfaye] couldn't take her eyes off him!" he laughed. "She totally digs him. And he didn't seem to mind the attention she was giving him, either!" With a wink, he added, "She invited him to go to a Broadway show with her when he gets back to New Yawk in the off-season! Lucky bastard!"

- Dimitar B., Biggs, and Daniisco were on hand at a local hospital Wednesday to pay a visit to cancer patients, alongside members of two Premiership clubs, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur, Queens Park Rangers, and Leyton Orient. These five clubs and three yet-to-be-confirmed clubs (Biggs hinted that one of these might be Fisher Athletic) will participate in a short indoor tournament in the summer off-season to raise funds for cancer research.

- SNFC Fan Appreciation Day has been set for Saturday, 19 May 2007 at the Mansion.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2007, 05:45:13 PM »
Fantastic write up again DC.

These five clubs and three yet-to-be-confirmed clubs (Biggs hinted that one of these might be Fisher Athletic) will participate in a short indoor tournament in the summer off-season to raise funds for cancer research.

I think I could actually set this tournament up. I'll try anyway.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2007, 01:01:59 AM »
If you do, the other three will be Fisher Athletic, Dag & Red, and Barnet. ;) Obviously I wouldn't include the Arse or Wet Spam. :lol:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 01:04:26 AM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline -AL-

« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2007, 11:29:22 AM »
DC, is this kind of a football-telenovela with all that dating-stuff in your reports??? ;)
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #186 on: October 08, 2007, 08:04:19 PM »
:lol: possibly, but hey, you gotta have something to write about :p

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline -AL-

« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2007, 08:10:33 PM »
ok, can you make keano then leave his girlfriend? wouldn't that be a lovely romance:
al & robbie!!! and let kelly jones pls sing a lovesong for me ;-)

btw: i was at  a devildriver & god forbid-gig last week...was awesome. sunday i'll rock with "pain".
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »

Youngster Rob praised

An exciting future lies ahead for SNFC’s hitman Rob according to one of todays daily newspapers.

The sentiment has been echoed in recent weeks by other experts in the media.

Manager Daniel has said in a news conference today he expects Rob to be a quality player for years to come.

In a recent report that shows a growing number of the younger fans are seen wearing Rob's name on the shirts nowadays.

Chairman Bill Power has said both on and off the pitch he believes that Rob should be commended for his performances, attitude and loyalty to the club.

Aston Villa bid £950,000 for dedleysting. SNFC have rejected the offer.

Galatasaray SK have made an offer worth £1,400,000 for SNFC's striker Dannyn99. The bid was rejected.

Craig has been called up to the Romania Under 21 squad for the match against Belarus.

Liverpool have made an offer of £2,100,000 for American Rob. SNFC have rejected the offer.

Sao Paulo, Cruseiro and Fluminense offer of £2,000,000 for Biggs has been rejected.

Sao Paulo are desperate to land Brazilian Starlet Biggs by upping their offer to £5,000,000. SNFC have decided to negotiate the offer.

Norwhich City have offered £1,400,000 for SNFC captain DC76. SNFC have rejected the offer.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2007, 08:51:14 PM »
Fan Appreciation Day A Smashing Success
snfc.premiumtv.co.uk

The Mansion was loaded on Saturday the 19th as Spurs Network FC, who in their first season of existence rewrote the Conference record book, said a huge "thank you" to its fans. There were signed balls being booted into the crowd, replays on the big screen of each player's favourite moment of the season - including a 4-goal rampage by Rob, a choice cross by Lyubokick, a run off the wing by Biggs, and DC76 sending Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor flying through the air - and some reminiscing and joking around... and DC76 got pie-faced as Topspur82 and Biggs decided to smoosh chocolate pudding pies in the Canadian's mug.

The best moment, though, had to be the opening phases of the day, when the players marched onto the pitch accompanied musically by the three-orchestra John Williams composition, the dramatic "SNFC Theme," which was welcomed by thunderous applause. And then the crowd erupted with the opening howl from Robb Flynn as we heard "Angry Football" by Machine Head for the first time, and even non-metalheads could appreciate the intensity of the 10-minute-long metal masterpiece. Afterwards, DC76 kicked off the player talking part, trying to be heard over 3050 raucous fans:

"YEAAAAAAAAH!! UNLEASH THE WOLVES!! Just like we did this season! YEAH!! Well! Before this season started, we weren't expected to do that much, being a brand new team and all, but I think we kinda proved them all wrong, how 'bout you?? 129 points... 42 wins... only dropped nine points all season... Magic Rob scoring fifty-plus! YEAH! Let's hear it for England's new favourite American, ladies and gentlemen!!

So where did I come into the picture? Well, some guy named Daniel calls me up one day. I was sittin' at home kinda wondering where I was gonna get the dosh to finish my schooling, and this guy phones me up asking if I wanna join a team of fellow Spurs fans in England, so I say to the guy, 'only if you can fork over enough to get me over there.' Well, turns out his boss was willing to do just that, so I try out and make the team, then Daniel decides to make me team captain. A Canadian, captain of an English team? Has that ever happened before? Oh yeah, Jason De Vos, but he's Jason De Vos, and I'm just little ol' me! WELL!! 46 games later, I can safely say that I am the luckiest sonofabitch walkin' God's green Earth, to be able to be called captain of this group of straight-up legends, with the best fans on the planet!! That's why we put this show on in the first place! To show our appreciation to our kick-ass fans! YEAH!! Hey Biggs, why don't you show 'em some love??"

At this he handed the mic over to Brazilian/English player Biggs.

It was fun for all, and we'd like to thank the chairman/owner Bill Power for organising it all, and the players for being the class acts that we've so come to love them for being.

We are the Network.
WE ARE THE FUTURE!!

DC76 Says "Ei" To Norwich
snfc.premiumtv.co.uk

Only eight days after his 24th birthday, DC76 was a little shocked to hear that he was connected to Norwich City, who had offered £1.4M for the Canadian "human wrecking machine." He went right to manager Daniel and said there was "no way in hell" he was leaving.

"I just went to him and said there was no way in hell that he was taking 1.4 mil to have me sit on the bench all season, just like Jim Brennan did when he was there," he said. "And he absolutely agreed. Plus he said something about them not even coming close to what he was asking for in a transfer fee for me. I think even if they did, Dan knows I'd be pretty pissed if he sent me to a team I didn't want to go to, and Norwich... sorry, but I'd say 'no, ei, nyet, non, nein, ie' to them even if they offered 14 million to the team for me. So there."

DC76, Hutchinson Clean House
Victoria Times-Colonist

DC76, the Victoria football centre-back who coined the term "angry football," and midfielder Atiba Hutchinson, won big at the recent CSA yearly awards.

The former UVic Vike won Defender, Young Defender, and Young Player of the Year, while Hutchinson won Player of the Year and Midfielder of the Year after the two had stellar seasons with upstart teams - Spurs Network FC demolished Conference records and made it to the semis of the FA cup before being edged out by Ars*nal, while København was a surprise in European competition this season.

The final list looked like this:

Player of the Year: M Atiba Hutchinson (FC København, Denmark)
Forward of the Year: Ali Gerba (IFK Göteborg, Sweden)
Midfielder of the Year: Hutchinson
Defender of the Year: DC76 (Spurs Network FC, England)
Goalkeeper of the Year: Pat Onstad (Houston Dynamo, USA)

Young Player of the Year:
DC76
Young Forward of the Year: Tosaint Ricketts (UWGB, USA)
Young Midfielder of the Year: Jaime Peters (Ipswich Town, England)
Young Defender of the Year:
DC76
Young Goalkeeper of the Year: Wojciech Zarzycki (Ferencvaros, Hungary)

Voyageurs' Fan-Choice Player of the Year: Hutchinson

Voyageurs' Fan-Choice XVI:

G - Pat Onstad
LB - Jim Brennan (Toronto FC, Canada)
CB - DC76
CB - David Edgar (Newcastle United, England)
RB - Paul Stalteri (Tottenham Hotspur, England)
DM - Tam Nsaliwa (AEK Athinas, Greece)
LM - Julian de Guzman (Deportivo La Coruña, Spain)
RM - Jaime Peters
AM - Atiba Hutchinson
CF - Dwayne de Rosario (Houston Dynamo)
ST - Ali Gerba

Bench

GK - Lars Hirschfeld (Rosenborg, Norway)
CB/LB - Ante Jazic (LA Galaxy, USA)
DM/CM - Patrice Bernier (1. FC Kaiserslautern, Germany)
RM/ST - Andrea Lombardo (Toronto FC, Canada)
ST - Will Johnson (FC Groningen, Netherlands)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 09:55:32 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2007, 09:41:06 PM »
Brilliant report DC..

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2007, 10:46:17 PM »
Quality write up DC.

We are the Network.
WE ARE THE FUTURE!!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2007, 07:08:47 PM »
Any new news yet? ;)

Biggs has been pretty apathetic about the whole São Paulo transfer news :p :lol:

Oh yes, and I'd love to hear some new ridiculous transfer rumours about myself so I can shoot them down like Billy Bishop shot down the Red Baron :ph34r:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #193 on: October 31, 2007, 10:42:59 PM »
DC76 "Optimistic, Excited, But Not Cocky," About Upcoming League Debut
Victoria Times-Colonist

After a season that saw him clean house in the CSA's defence and youth category awards, be named to the Conference English Player Selects, and have several accolades bestowed upon him, you'd think DC76 would be thinking next season's League debut with Spurs Network FC would be pretty much the same walk in the park that it was in Conference last season.

But he knows better. He made that very clear when he sat down to talk to the TC's Cleve Dheensaw in his latest return home.

"The level of play in League Two from Conference is basically comparable to going up to the AHL from the ECHL in ice hockey," the SNFC captain said. "Although the principle of promotion and relegation isn't something that most hockey fans here are familiar with. So it's a whole new ball game for us this season. I think all our Conference stars from last season are making sure to guard themselves against getting too cocky. Personally, I'm optimistic about next season, and even a little excited. The English League System is probably the best in the world - not as confusing as the Spanish or Italian systems beyond the third tier of play - and carries a lot of prestige with it. But I'm not going to write any of the 23 other teams we play against next season, not even the team that comes up with us from Conference. We're gonna have to work our butts off this season."

Although labelled as something of a late bloomer, DC says the extra time spent perfecting his craft at UVic has helped tremendously as he went on to make more overall appearances than any other Conference player last season, in part due to SNFC's deep run in the FA Cup. We also asked him about potential transfers. He had this to say:

"For me at the moment, I'm going to stick with the Network. I personally think it's not particularly wise to leave your first club until you have at least three seasons under your belt. Or else you end up with a reputation as a rent-a-player. Besides, I quite like the area I'm in. And come on! What other club gives you time off to hit the recording studio?" (He was referring to the excellent Music To Play Football By, which is given a review in our Arts & Entertainment section)

SEE ALSO: The Beautiful Game inspires epic compilation, C2

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #194 on: November 03, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »

Sao Paulo have given up their interest in SNFC starlet Biggs.

Norwich have also given up their interest in SNFC’s Captain DC76.

Daniel has won the English Conference Manager of the Year away for 2006/07.

Manchester United have made an offer of £5,000,000 for DC76, SNFC have decided to negotiate the offer.

SNFC’s winger Craig played in Romania’s 1-0 Under 21 international defeat by Belarus.

Ars*nal have made an offer of £5,000,000 for Lyubokick. SNFC have rejected the offer.

Ipswich have made an offer of £925,000 for Taarabt19. SNFC have rejected the offer.

SNFC goalkeeper Storts has been linked with a £1,000,000 move to Fulham in today’s papers.

According to his agent, Lyubokick is desperate for a move across London to Ars*nal in a move thought to be worth £8,250,000.

Bristol City have made an offer of £1,100,000 for full back Taarabt19. The bid was rejected.

The club is delighted to announce that dedleysting has signed a new 3 year contract with the club.

Rob has been voted Spurs Network FC Player of the Year by supporters.

After collecting the award Rob added “I would like to thank our fantastic fans for this award, it means a hell of a lot to me. I would also like to thank the club and my team mates and coaching staff, without their support and encouragement I wouldn’t be the player I am today.”

The Young Player of the Year Award went to winger Biggs.