SpursNetwork

Fabiano

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Fabiano
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2010, 01:09:17 PM »
16m pounds for Fabiano.... not a penny more...

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2010, 01:24:15 PM »
Aa Sevilla were knocked out in qualifying stages he is eligible to play for us, read my post 2 days ago after they got knocked out, it has the link to the hole rulebook. We bought Pav and Bent for around 16,  Keane for 13m, Bent club record 16.7 wasn't it, and he is a better player, he is worth at least 20m.
 Copied it below

Sevilla out thats huge, Fabiano is eligible to play should we make it past Young Boys, which is no means guaranteed, we have seen some upset results, anything can happen, if we make it past them we have to buy Fabiano, regardless of his age, he is a top player that could take us to new heights, and would be pivotal to our maiden CL voyage, could see him bagging 20 easy in EPL, but it almost seems to good to be true, but maybe its destiny lol, I know that last bit was corny, but tonight is what dreams are made of, or nightmares, come on Spurs.

I expect a packed house, and even if you can't get in, parade around WHL in your thousands, like a white army, ahh sounds a bit racist but u know what I mean, no riots although fellas, we are on the world stage at the moment, try and unsettle Young Boys by our sheer numbers and support outside the ground, let them know who's territory their in, where the enemy team bus!!, but no riots lol.

I downloaded UEFA CL rules to make sure he is eligible, there are as follows

[/color]http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/48/42/49/1484249_DOWNLOAD.pdf

X Player Eligibility
Article 18
General provisions
18.01 In order to be eligible to participate in the UEFA club competitions, players
must be registered with UEFA within the requested deadlines to play for a
club and fulfil all the conditions set out in the following provisions. Only
eligible players can serve pending suspensions.
18.02 Players must be duly registered with the national association concerned in
accordance with the national association’s own rules and those of FIFA,
notably the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players.
18.03 Players must have undergone a medical examination in accordance with the
mandatory criteria as set out in Annex IX.
18.04 Each club is responsible for submitting an A list of players (List A) and a B list
of players (List B), duly signed, to its national association for verification,
validation, signature and forwarding to UEFA. These lists must include the
name, date of birth, shirt number and name, nationality and national
registration date of all players to be fielded in the UEFA club competition in
question. In addition, the lists must include the confirmation by the club’s
doctor that all players have undergone the requested medical examination;
the club’s doctor is solely responsible that the requested players’ medical
examination has been duly performed.
18.05 The club bears the legal consequences for fielding a player who is not
named on list A or B, or who is otherwise not eligible to play.
18.06 The UEFA administration decides on questions of player eligibility.
Challenged decisions are dealt with by the Control and Disciplinary Body.
18.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA
Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for
more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally,
however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second or third qualifying
round of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to
play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another
club as from the group stage, provided that his former club did not qualify for
the group phase of either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa
League; moreover, as from the start of the round of 16 (round of 32 for UEFA
Europa League), a player can be registered in accordance with paragraphs
18.17 to 18.20 below.
For the avoidance of doubt, a substitute player who
has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the
UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the
same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in
accordance with the present regulations.

[/font]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:28:44 PM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2010, 01:30:46 PM »
Dom, the rules say Round 1,2 & 3. we played in Round 4 ( The play off round ) look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_UEFA_Champions_League

The play off round is to determine, who plays in the Europa League or Champions league.

Even if we sign Ashley young, he is cup tied because he played in the Europa League Play-off last night.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 01:32:51 PM by Biggs »

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »
really not bothered about Fabbo and Ash being cup-tied in Europe... we are there in the CL group stage - mission accomplished.

Levy will see any further progression as a nice bonus, therefore not being able to play the likes of these 2 will be as significant as a gnat's fart in a thunderstorm...

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2010, 09:17:37 PM »
£25 mill for Fabiano and his contract expires end of next year. Fook meeee. They are having a laugh.

Looks like Mr Levy will need to be wearing  his bargaining suit...
COYS!

Offline Dom07Tottenham

« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2010, 04:07:18 AM »

Highly doubtful whether we would get him anywhere, 24-25m +is a little steep, I'd pay up to 20m maybe a good question for a reporter to ask whether he is cup tied.

Ok yeah the rule is a bit fuzzy there, if playoff round is not counted as qualifying round, but is not group stages, regardless I'd still take him, you'd expect him to be our top scorer, he is such a quality world class player, and an improvement on any of our strikers, and he can play for us in CL next season.
It doesn't say anywhere if this team, played in the playoff round then he would not be able to play in the group stages for a different club, there is no mention of playoff round, and if his team did not make the group stage then he is eligible, really this rule should include whether the playoff round is a qualifying round or group stage, as it is neither it leads to allot of assumption, and argument both ways.

The structure of the comp is physically on page 44, (click to 49 on adobe) confirming as you say 1st 2nd 3rd qualifying round and playoff round, then group stages, this still doesn't confirm he is cup tied.

Offline Dom07Tottenham

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2010, 04:19:06 AM »
Read further in the rules page 27 (32)

Subsequent registration
18.17 For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register a
maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the
current competition. Such registration must be completed by
1 February 2011 (24.00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be
extended.
18.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club
competition matches for another competing club in the current season may
exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
− in the same competition for another club; or
− for another club that is currently in the same competition.

So if we made it past the group stage to the rnd of 16, which Sevilla aren't in and Fabiano won't be fielded for we could register him as a new player, despite playing for another club, as they are no longer in the same competition, and haven't played in the same competition (rnd of 16) I think lol.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:22:32 AM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2010, 11:31:32 AM »
But still Dom. 1 year left in his contract and a staggering evaluation of 25 million euro's thats abit too much. Although to get the best sometimes i think we must invest...

Dont know how levy will pull this deal off though.

Offline Dom07Tottenham

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »

Yeah read the other post before that anything over 25 is silly money, I'd go for as high as 20m. We bought Bent 16.7m Robbie Keane 12-13m at the age of 29, Pav 13.8, Bentley 15m, Fabiano is much better than any of these guys, and ultimately would command a decent fee, more than them.

We have made it past Young Boys, we were amazing, and that was huge, remember the first leg in 28 minutes they tore us apart, but the CL teams in the group stages are much better teams, its great to have self belief but I think we are a little bit naive, if we think the current  strike force is good enough to compete with the big boys, we can do it in the EPL, but the CL is a whole different level. You get what you pay for, we would be extremely lucky to get any world class players like Fabiano under 20m, CL is worth around 30m I think signing Fab would go a long way to improving our chances of requalifying, the players we continually look at are not significant improvements to the side, Parker, Bellamy etc. W Ham wan't 15m for Parker, Man C wanted around 10m, every things relative.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »
I think the 30m quoted for Spurs in the CL is if we get to Final..... its based on an elaborate formula regarding relative size of club's country TV audience, position finished in the league etc etc...

Spurs will be doing wel to collect the 10m from the group stage + 5m in gate-reciepts over 3 games... thats still 15m squid..

Fabbo would be a great marque signing, but for absolutely no more than 20m euros (17.5m pounds-ish).... the guy is not going to go to pot within 3yrs and has the essential ingredients we need upfront lacking currently..

if not Fabbo, then we should try for Huntelalar and/or Cameron Jerome.... with Iaquinta of Juventus as a cheap but very decent alternative for experience, physical presence, link-play and goals..

Offline Dom07Tottenham

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2010, 04:47:34 AM »
Highly doubt we will get Fabiano, but fingers crossed, I think the player may be able to influence Sevilla's reluctance to let him go at a reasonable fee, by ruling out signing a extension and telling them he doesn't want to play for them anymore, it may not be successful but if he wants the move, something has to change. 
Huntelaar was part of the Ibrahimovic deal, so interesting to see whether it gets announced him moving to Barca, they have confirmed Ibrahimovic moving on a 1 year loan deal to Milan with a €24 million option to buy, if not we should get him much cheaper than Fabiano, as we could get him on loan with option to buy also, not as good a player but I believe it is only a matter of time before he starts living up to his reputation.
Cameron Jerome and Iaquinta are not in the same category as Fabbo, I'd rather keep the strike force the same then add them, as it would be at the cost of Pav moving on, if we got Fabiano however it would be a sacrifice worth making as it is a huge upgrade. That being said we do not have many promising young out and out strikers, Dos Santos is great but he is more of a winger, but can play up front.

Since moving to Seville in 2005, Fabiano has scored 95 goals in 191 appearances, and 28 goals in 43 appearances for the Brazilian national team, I'm positive he has the ability to repeat that sort of return for us in EPL and CL. (if we make it to round of 16, if not next season).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:53:29 AM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »
disagree that Pav would have to move if Jerome/Iaquinta comes as I think Keano will deffo be loaned out, thus freeing up a striking berth.... new Striker, Defoe, Crouch and Pav...

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2010, 02:38:53 PM »
SSN reporting Fabiano has signed 2 year contract extension with Seville. Plan B it is then .

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2010, 02:44:30 PM »
SSN reporting Fabiano has signed 2 year contract extension with Seville. Plan B it is then .

Yep, on the sevilla site too

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevillafc.es%2F

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2010, 03:52:34 PM »
Fabiano has played the game beautifully..

used Spurs well to get an improved and extended contract with the club he loves and has made him... gets to play and live in a sunny climate which he hugely prefers.... didnt the bells start ringing for Levy when there was absolutely no pressure from Fabbo on Sevilla to sell him, no agitation or sulky swpies out at the club.... Levy you have been done up like a kipper..

and Sevilla get their revenge for Ramosgate too... stringing us along better than even Citeh did with Bellamy and Richards...

just about time left to get in Rossi now... if Levy can walk and chew gum at the same time....