SpursNetwork

Fabiano

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Fabiano
« on: July 16, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
Well well well, what a weeks its been. First old 'Arry comes out and says that Fabiano is a very special player and he would love to have him at the club, then there was something about not discussing targets with Levy which I'd rather no go into. Preceding this Fabiano had previously sated that Spurs where too small a club for him, but now that the likes of United and Ac Milan have yet to declare his interest, the Brazilian Hitman appears to have changed his tune.

He told The Sun: "I must admit it's only in the last few weeks I have understood just how big Spurs' ambition is."

Its amazing how much research you can get done when your waiting for a phone call from your agent to tell you that The Poachers of the PL want to sign you. So what do you lot think, a dream signing or someone who sees as us a step closer to a move to United, heck thats probably what made him say that statement. He saw how much "business" us and United have done in the past.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Fabiano
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 12:06:57 PM »
Now heres a player ive always liked. Whats hes price tag?

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »
He will be a great signing i think.. one that will put fear in other teams.

he can play in a 2 or up front on his own

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 01:00:46 PM »
If by miracle we were to get him i think Arry would play 1 up front because he has mentioned that he didnt have the forwards to play 1 up front on their own.

~Imagine this~

~~~~~~Fabiano~~~~~~

~~~~~~~Cole~~~~~~~

Bale, Modric, Hudd, Lennon

Niiiiccceeee!!

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1950-51, 1960-61       
CHARITY/COMMUNITY SHIELD 1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1991       
F.A. CUP 1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991,      
LEAGUE CUP 1971, 1973, 1999, 2008

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 01:54:50 PM »
Screw him, before he said Spurs is smaller than sevilla and wants a move to either Manure or Ac Milan. Now both teams completely ignored him and he thinks Spurs is a big club? 

Once you spit on someone you dont lick it back.. fcking :tossa: we'd be better off without him.

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 02:16:20 PM »
Screw him, before he said Spurs is smaller than sevilla and wants a move to either Manure or Ac Milan. Now both teams completely ignored him and he thinks Spurs is a big club? 

Once you spit on someone you dont lick it back.. fcking :tossa: we'd be better off without him.

I couldn't agree with you more Count. He obviously thought he was too good for Spurs - we don't need another Dimitar Berbatosser.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 07:39:57 PM »
Would be an interesting signing, my fear with Fabiano is what we saw with Robinho when the nights start drawing in and the cold weather freezes everything in its path.
On a cold wet winter monday night in Febuary away at Stoke, Blackburn etc Robinho completley lost intrest and seemed far happier on the bench in his big warm coasy coat. I hope if we do sign Fabiano he wont be another softy from the samba nation.

He looked a real handful during the WC and scored some good goals, despite 2 hand balls  :lol:   He is a player however that i am an admirer with bags of experiance on the world stage, i just have a few doubts concerning his work ethic during the colder months if he does come to the lane.
COYS!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 08:53:59 AM »

I couldn't agree with you more Count. He obviously thought he was too good for Spurs - we don't need another Dimitar Berbatosser.
If I'm not mistaken, Huntelaar said the same thing. That is why I would never like to see him play for us. Besides, Brazilians and English football/weather don't really match, so the cheat can stay where he is.

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 02:36:40 PM »

I agree that he was a bit fast to reject us, and now he has changed his tune, what he said was a bit disrespectful, however it has to be said globally we are not that huge a club, but champions league this year could go a long way to improving our image and attracting top quality players, and getting players like Fabiano will only encourage other big signings, also he could make a huge difference in how far we go this season, this would be a massive signing Yes he has a big ego, and only wanted to play for a top team, after all he is a top class player, but really we would be stupid to turn him down, sure we want players that wear our shirt with pride but really he is too good to knock back so hold back your pride. If he got us through the qualifying stages of CL you will change your tune too.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 07:27:34 PM »
Football 365 report he is staying in Seville. Joe Cole signed to scousers. Oh well lets hope there's a plan b

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 10:13:30 PM »
Quite frankly I'll be glad if he turns out exactley like Berbatov, we get two 20+ goal seasons out of him then shell him off to United for more than double what we paid for him where he then wallows down into a ghost of his former self mwahahahaha  :ohyeah:
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Dom07Tottenham

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 03:29:28 AM »

Plan B is apparently Bellamy, should be plan Z, or not at all, surely there are better younger players, Keane going to Villa or Fulham, it is almost a  straight swap Bellamy for Keane, both very similar players, Bellamy has a little more strength on the ball and pace, but seriously wrong move. Rumours are Bellamy can go for around 3-7m, Harry is always on the Hunt for that sort of bargain basement player, I don't think he has the mentality of a Champions League manager, still in relegation battler mode at smaller clubs..............Lets just hope Levy has bigger ambitions in the transfer market, otherwise we are going backwards

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 09:31:50 AM »
One thing Bellamy has (bar his temper) is pace, and defenders hate attckers with pace. I'd swap Keane for Bellamy any day.

I would however prefer Mario Balotellifrom Inter over Bellamy. Yes he has problmes but can easily be a 20+ goals a season man and is only 19 with bags of pace to scare the s**t out of everyome he faces..
COYS!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 09:55:55 AM »
But bellamy as our Plan B  :o

I would hate to see our Plan C  :lol:

Offline Dom07Tottenham

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »
Dedley so we agreed, as I said in my post the difference is Bellamy has pace,  'both very similar players, Bellamy has a little more strength on the ball and pace," [/color]I think Bellamy is slightly better, decent record last season went well for City, he discussed his options a month back and said he wouldn't want to play for another EPL team, but would rather play for his home town Cardiff. Still I don't agree with a move for him. And I agree with you there too would love to see Balotelli, has real potential, pace, power, strength, thunderous shot, and only 19