SpursNetwork

Soldado - 26 Million pound dud??

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Soldado - 26 Million pound dud??
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2014, 12:14:38 AM »
The thought of Berbatoos returning to the club would give me sleepless nights. I hope these rumours are totally unfounded

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2014, 08:08:31 AM »
Rumors are still rife that Berbatoss may come back to WHL, much as I hate him and in the past have stated I never want to see him in a Spurs shirt again I have this season changed my mind.

I think he would be the ideal strike partner to kick start Soldado and they would work very well together, so in short I would make use of Berbatoss and when its job done bye bye, looking to the greater good which is THFC making the most of this season!
At the moment I think Adebayor has the same qualities as Berbatov and his work-rate is much better.

I would agree Riff but what has to be considered is that Defoe is on his way and we need a quality replacement.  There is no question regarding Berbatoss and his talent, just a shame he is a utter :tossa:.  I would be happy to use him for the greater good. Then ship him off at a profit  :up:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »
Rumors are still rife that Berbatoss may come back to WHL, much as I hate him and in the past have stated I never want to see him in a Spurs shirt again I have this season changed my mind.

I think he would be the ideal strike partner to kick start Soldado and they would work very well together, so in short I would make use of Berbatoss and when its job done bye bye, looking to the greater good which is THFC making the most of this season!
At the moment I think Adebayor has the same qualities as Berbatov and his work-rate is much better.

I would agree Riff but what has to be considered is that Defoe is on his way and we need a quality replacement.  There is no question regarding Berbatoss and his talent, just a shame he is a utter :tossa:.  I would be happy to use him for the greater good. Then ship him off at a profit  :up:

No.no.no,no,no. Just NO!!!! Work-shy tosser who only cares about himself. NO!!!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2014, 05:45:17 PM »

Yes he is work shy. I recently saw him play at Fulham (against Spurs) and even the Fulham supporters were criticising him. However, he could be used as a sub and limit his time on the grass. That will solve his problem.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2014, 11:47:24 PM »
The thought of Berbatoos returning to the club would give me sleepless nights. I hope these rumours are totally unfounded

I had a nightmare last night.  We had signed Berbatoss in part exchange for Adebayor!!   :2funny:

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2014, 06:41:44 AM »

I had a nightmare last night.  We had signed Berbatoss in part exchange for Adebayor!!   :2funny:

Dam Joolz, a dream like that is enough to force the loss of bladder control lol

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2014, 08:42:09 AM »

I would agree Riff but what has to be considered is that Defoe is on his way and we need a quality replacement.  There is no question regarding Berbatoss and his talent, just a shame he is a utter :tossa: .  I would be happy to use him for the greater good. Then ship him off at a profit  :up:

Yes he is work shy. I recently saw him play at Fulham (against Spurs) and even the Fulham supporters were criticising him. However, he could be used as a sub and limit his time on the grass. That will solve his problem.
No, he'd just start sulking. f**king :tossa:.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »

How about they sign him, not as a replacement for Adebayor, but as an extra? That is what Levy is supposed to want. :'(
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2014, 04:48:22 PM »
Well with each game that passes I am loosing more and more faith in Soldado, I am really starting to think we have wasted 26mil or he will be a player that will take a season to adapt to the EPL. 

If that is the case and Spurs being Spurs will expect to see value for their 26mil striker I wouldnt expect to see him here next season.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2014, 04:58:20 PM »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2014, 05:06:19 PM »
Well with each game that passes I am loosing more and more faith in Soldado, I am really starting to think we have wasted 26mil or he will be a player that will take a season to adapt to the EPL. 

If that is the case and Spurs being Spurs will expect to see value for their 26mil striker I wouldnt expect to see him here next season.

At first I was willing to give him some  slack but I like you have had enough, you compare him to Shane long for Hull today, chased every forward ball even loss causes, gave our defence a torrid time, that is the kind of player we need not Soldado!, get the hell off the pitch and away from WHL, you dont  deserve to where the shirt, garbage utter garbage, 26m full of well I cant say on here!, Ive seen more desire from my wife kicking a football than him and thats saying something. :tickedoff: :'( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:08:16 PM by Blackjack »
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2014, 05:10:26 PM »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2014, 06:47:49 PM »
Just to cheer a few of you up  :2funny: :hide:

ROBERTO SOLDADO | Goals, Skills, Assists | Valencia | 2012/2013 (HD)

Impressive video no doubt what Levy saw before paying 26mil, did we get sold a cheap clone?

But seriously the Spanish league is far less physical than the EPL and Soldado would never be afforded the amount of room in the EPL as he has in that video unless the team work with him to make it, there is also the question of service. 

I dont think Soldado is an EPL type of striker either that or he is still settling, we may see a different striker next season if he is still with us, which is unlikely as I am sure he is probably regretting the move as much as the Spurs board are!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2014, 07:03:40 PM »
The more I watch him play, the more I think he is Fernando Morientes / Andriy Shevchenko MKII - a great player for his club in Spain or Italy, but not capable to cut it in England. Sad really, but that's football.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2014, 06:08:37 AM »

Just to cheer a few of you up  :2funny: :hide:

ROBERTO SOLDADO | Goals, Skills, Assists | Valencia | 2012/2013 (HD)

I have just finished watching this Video clip, and I am yet to be convinced that Soldado is a Dud, the one difference between this Video clip and his present form is that most of the passes that led to the majority of the goals were played very early into his preferred right foot allowing him to hit the ball early, which gives the defender little or no chance, something that no-one in our team seems able to reciprocate. This video just re-affirms what I have constantly said, he is a proven quality striker who needs GOOD SERVICE, which unfortunately up until now we have not been able to provide. So to those of you who are labeling him a DUD, I say GET OFF HIS BACK. Maybe we should start having a go at the Midfield players who seem incapable of giving him some decent service.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 06:14:07 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font