SpursNetwork

Jol's Successor

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Jol's Successor
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:56:43 AM »
Whenever MJ does leave the club, whether he is sacked or resigns, who do you think will be his successor?

A big name manager, or a smaller manager with lots of potential?

I personally hope Jol is here for years to come but who would you think would come in after him?

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
Jol's Successor
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »
Hopefully it won't be a long time till Jol leaves...

Yes he's not the best tactically but he knows european football and players... Also I think we need to let him settle and build a side. If a high-profile manager does coma available and be interested in Spurs if were not performing then i could see Jol being replaced and if he doesn't win a trophy soon (1/2 seasons) he could be out...
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Jol's Successor
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:11:36 PM »
Jol should be given time, this constant changing of managers is ridiculous. Man Utd and Ars*nal have shown that if you get the right man and have a bit of faith then you will get success eventually.
  However as you asked for a successor I would like to put forward 2 ex players who given a bit of experiance in the lower leagues could well do a job for us Sheringham and Colin Calderwood who is already doing well at Forest.Then of course there is the dream ticket of Klinsmann with Ginola as his number 2.

Jol's Successor
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:30:47 PM »
Quote from: taimedowne;5674
Then of course there is the dream ticket of Klinsmann with Ginola as his number 2.

HAHA that would be amazing. But yeah I agree I wanna see Jol stay for a while yet and see that the long term committment pays off.

Berba's girl

Jol's Successor
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 06:49:35 PM »
Jol is the 15th manager since the great Keith Burkinshaw. I do hope that the club keeps hold of him for a good few years to try & build a decent team. Chopping & changing all the time clearly doesn't work. :spurs crest:

Offline McCoy

Jol's Successor
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 07:18:32 PM »
I agree Jol should be given time, who needs a big name they dont always produce. Jols building a team that is actually competing for europe each season. We should stop discussing the Jols future and keep speculating about players that Jol has given us the hope of signing.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Jol's Successor
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 07:27:06 PM »
I wasn't saying Jol should go lol. I was just wondering who you guys would think will be next in.

Jol's Successor
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 11:10:51 PM »
I dont really want Jol to go but if he does I would like to see Klinsmann come in. He did a great job for Germany and could do it for us.

Jol's Successor
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 11:13:59 PM »
Pretty weird thread to start really.

Get off jol's back!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 12:55:43 AM »
Why are some calling for Jol to be replaced, is this not madness? Is it not clear that the squad has improved under him? Hasn’t our league positioning improved since Jol has been at the helm? And isn’t regular European football a real possibility with the squad that is being constructed?

Jol's Successor
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 10:33:49 AM »
It's ridiculous Jol is clearly the best manager we've had in ages, some people are just always looking for someone to blame. We've improved brilliantly under Jol, people just expect miracles to happen straight away! We can't win every game!

Jol's Successor
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 01:58:35 PM »
I'd give BMJ a 10 year contract !If he can't sort it by then bring in Roy Keene(he should have a bit of experience behind him by then)
:spurs crest:

Jol's Successor
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 05:06:45 PM »
Can i just ask if anyone actually IS asking/demanding that MJ get the boot. I keep hearing that "some" are insisting he get sacked, but who are they? The two dominanat forces of English football over the last 10 years, it sickens me to say, have been United and the Goons. Is it any coincidence that their managers have been around for as long as they have? The other point is that Ferg and Wenger have so much credit it the bank with their boards that they can afford to go a couple of - relatively - poor seasons while rebuilding without fearing the boot. As a result,  look at United this season. They're back. And though i hate to say it, i wouldn't put it past Wenger to do the same with the Goons in the next couple of seasons - with or without Henry.  Tottenham used to be known for financial instability, but we have put that behind us. Now is the time we change our reputation for managerial stability too.

Jol's Successor
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 05:20:58 PM »
Next year we will be in a much better position to judge him. Lets give em all the support we can till then. COYS