SpursNetwork

Moving on

Offline Yiddite

• Season Ticket: No
Moving on
« on: March 10, 2012, 07:35:59 PM »
Sadly yet another 3 points lost and our lead over Ars*nal and Chelsea is reduced even further.
Hey, we aren't  playing too badly either but we need the goals to win. So many  attempts on goal today as well.

Are we playing the right players in the correct positions and are we even playing the right formation - I think not!
Adebayor seems to have gone off the boil, Modric shouldn't be out wide and Bale on the right !!!!

Hopefully we will get it right and go back to how we were playing earlier in the season otherwise Stoke  and Chelsea could be hard to beat.

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Moving on
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »
Sadly yet another 3 points lost and our lead over Ars*nal and Chelsea is reduced even further.
Hey, we aren't  playing too badly either but we need the goals to win. So many  attempts on goal today as well.

Are we playing the right players in the correct positions and are we even playing the right formation - I think not!
Adebayor seems to have gone off the boil, Modric shouldn't be out wide and Bale on the right !!!!

Hopefully we will get it right and go back to how we were playing earlier in the season otherwise Stoke  and Chelsea could be hard to beat.

5th
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:47:04 PM »
I agree that Modric is wasted on the left. He's just going to keep cutting inside anyway. I get that Redknapp wanted Bale to be able to cut inside and be more of an attacking threat, but it seemed like it all backfired today and honestly I think that him crossing from the left would have been more effective when we're playing with two strikers.

I feel that we've missed VDV a bit. Defoe and Adebayor really don't seem to compliment one another. Then again Defoe doesn't really seem to compliment another striker and he can't really play up front by himself. He's a great finisher, but I think that's why he spends so much time on the bench.

I really hope we can get at least 7 points from our next 3. I'd say 9, but I'm sure Chelsea will play the best they've played all season against us as it seems to be following that theme.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 08:57:37 AM »
I agree that Modric is wasted on the left. He's just going to keep cutting inside anyway. I get that Redknapp wanted Bale to be able to cut inside and be more of an attacking threat, but it seemed like it all backfired today and honestly I think that him crossing from the left would have been more effective when we're playing with two strikers.

I feel that we've missed VDV a bit. Defoe and Adebayor really don't seem to compliment one another. Then again Defoe doesn't really seem to compliment another striker and he can't really play up front by himself. He's a great finisher, but I think that's why he spends so much time on the bench.

I really hope we can get at least 7 points from our next 3. I'd say 9, but I'm sure Chelsea will play the best they've played all season against us as it seems to be following that theme.

Expect 2 points from the next three games. The fact is that Arry has his head in the clouds thinking about his new job, and the players know it. Arry's illogical team choice and tactics prove this point. We are 3rd because of our pace down the wings and the combination of steel and flare in centre mid field. Yesterday Arry managed to lose both of these factors through a really poor choice of team.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »

Expect 2 points from the next three games. The fact is that Arry has his head in the clouds thinking about his new job, and the players know it. Arry's illogical team choice and tactics prove this point. We are 3rd because of our pace down the wings and the combination of steel and flare in centre mid field. Yesterday Arry managed to lose both of these factors through a really poor choice of team.

It is very rare that I agree with Baldbloke as his views are normally very negative but this time I think he's spot on. Since the day that Capello quit and 'Arry was linked with the f**king poxy s**te ridden England managers job we have gone to pieces, it started away to Stevenage and it's still affecting us. I'm afraid that unless 'Arry comes out and rules himself out of the running or the FA actually appoint him we will be in Limbo and our season will falter and fail miserably.
As for 'Arry's tactics I seem to remember there being an outcry over the last few weeks begging for Defoe to be included because he is our best goalscorer and no one could work out why 'Arry dosen't play him. I think the last couple of games have shown why 'Arry has been reluctant to start with him. We have been succesful this season with Van der Vaart playing in the hole behind Adebayor creating along with Modric and feeding off Adebayor, Defoe can do neither of these things and due to his lack off playing time has now become very greedy and unwilling to share the chances that are being made no matter how difficult they are.

Things need to be sorted and sorted very quickly, I never thought I'd say this because I think 'Arry is a great manager but if he wants the England job he should go now and take all the media hype with him to give us a chance of salvaging the season. Or just come out and tell the FA to stick their poxy s**te England managers job where the sun don't shine and pledge his future to moving Spurs onto bigger and better things !!!!!

>:(   :tickedoff:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »
I think our problems can be traced back to January. Who did we being in to strengthen our title challenge ? An over the hill and to a large degree failed striker, and a CB who I for one have never heard of.
Reason : Obviously Levy was never gonna spend any more money on players of Harry's choice, knowing full well that he would be gone at the end of the season. Levy knows it, Harry knows it, the p[layers know it, and we all know it. Harry will be offered the job, and he will take it. And apart from the Newcastle game we have struggled to either score, or stop them at the other end. Man U have Rooney, we have Defoe / Ade / Saha who cant score as many as Rooney between the 3 of them.
As stated by Alan Hansen, Levy needs to make Harry an offer he can't refuse, and immediately. And if he refuses it then move on before our season ends in a complete disaster, as is starting to look increasingly likely.
5th place is beginning to look on the cards. Unbelievable.

Offline loken

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »
Very negative feelings from you guys here. And I can't blame you, cause mine are similar. Since some time we're playing badly, making to many individual mistakes in defence and loosing the ball in attack to easyly.  The most worrying thing yet is, that we have no idea how to take advantage from corners and free kicks around the box. And i can't see any improvement.

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 01:36:56 PM »
My mate was at a dinner on Friday night with Gary Mabbutt and he said that Harry is definitely taking the England job and we are in negotiations with Klinsmann.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 03:12:04 PM »
My mate was at a dinner on Friday night with Gary Mabbutt and he said that Harry is definitely taking the England job and we are in negotiations with Klinsmann.
Hhmm. Not sure about Klinsmann. Very inexperienced as a coach, though his results at Bayern were pretty impressive over a short period.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 07:10:21 PM »
Any proof? And regarding Klinsmann - well, we all know remember what happened when a club legend (Hoddle) took over. Please, no!

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
Any proof? And regarding Klinsmann - well, we all know remember what happened when a club legend (Hoddle) took over. Please, no!
No actual proof I'm afraid, just my mates word that that was what Mabbutt told about 80 people at a supporters club dinner on The Isle of Wight.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »
Also heard the rumour regarding Klinsmann and now have read it as per the link....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2100034/Jurgen-Klinsmann-wants-Harry-Redknapps-Tottenham-job.html

Seems the more Harry denies rumours of the England post more news leaks out as possible replacements.
One way or another a definate decision has to be announced soon to quell all rumours and get us back to winning ways as this uncertainty is definately messing with our seasons prospects.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:32:55 AM by Yiddite »

Offline RSS61

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 07:41:07 AM »
Also heard the rumour regarding Klinsmann and now have read it as per the link....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2100034/Jurgen-Klinsmann-wants-Harry-Redknapps-Tottenham-job.html

Seems the more Harry denies rumours of the England post more news leaks out as possible replacements.
One way or another a definate decision has to be announced soon to quell all rumours and get us back to winning ways as this uncertainty is definately messing with our seasons prospects.
It seems very strange that Mabbutt, who is attached to the club I think, would put out rumours of this sort, when Redknapp himself is non-committal. Either way Klinsmann is not the one for me. I would rather Moyes than him, at least he's had 10 decent years in the prem.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »
The most important and disappointing factor is that we really have lost our way since our 5-0 win over Newcastle. We have played reasonably well on occasions but failed to put them away. This so-called BLIP against the Arse is now 4 games old and rather worrying being just 1 point ahead!

It seems obvious that the players are conscious of the fact that Harry may go  and it is having a negative affect on the team morale.  With this in mind I think that the Arse could or worse will overtake us and  finishing 4th or even 5th will be the best we can hope for.

As a life long supporter, I have seen this situation (generally in mid-table) occur so many times that I find it difficult to think positively at the moment. I sincerely hope that we do move on and pick ourselves up.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 02:00:26 PM »
The most important and disappointing factor is that we really have lost our way since our 5-0 win over Newcastle. We have played reasonably well on occasions but failed to put them away. This so-called BLIP against the Arse is now 4 games old and rather worrying being just 1 point ahead!

It seems obvious that the players are conscious of the fact that Harry may go  and it is having a negative affect on the team morale.  With this in mind I think that the Arse could or worse will overtake us and  finishing 4th or even 5th will be the best we can hope for.

As a life long supporter, I have seen this situation (generally in mid-table) occur so many times that I find it difficult to think positively at the moment. I sincerely hope that we do move on and pick ourselves up.

The only way this will resolve itself now is for 'Arry to come out and tell the FA to stick their s**te ridden twat of a England Managers muppet job up their arse and commit himself to Spurs for the next 3 years !!!!

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion