SpursNetwork

What's everyone drinking on Match Day?

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
  • Season Ticket: No
What's everyone drinking on Match Day?
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:15:35 AM »
Seriously, tell the American what's your drink of choice on gameday? I'm curious...

The game's are so early here that it isn't usually appropriate to 'set the mood', but last match I was drinking Guiness and I started feeling pretty belligerent...or maybe that was just the scoreline.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline aspursfan

Re: What's everyone drinking on Match Day?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:19:01 AM »
haha, Wilson. We still need to meet up to watch a Spurs match. Probably not when it's one of the 7:45 ESPN ones though!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 02:25:52 AM »
Sounds great, but I'm moving to Tampa on Friday. I'm seriously thinking about starting up a Spurs chapter down there and getting a regular thing going on at a local spot. I know there's a ManU pub already -- f**k that!

I'm looking for some cultural authenticity to enhance my matchday experience. Bud Light isn't good enough for Super Tottenham! I can buy Boddington's at the grocer here. Is that legitimate? What are ya'll really drinkin?
Truthfully, my drink of choice is Hennessy and Rockstar energy drink (call it a Bahama Bomb) when the time is right, but that's no good for a football match.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 02:37:02 AM »
I drink too much to have Hennessy anywhere near what I'm drinking. Have you every been to some of the pubs in New York? I went there maybe a year ago or so because I was visiting a friend and they were supposedly showing the Setanta Spurs game. I walked in and it was nothing but Chelsea fans. I was shocked. I've never seen anything like that here. It was on at the same time as a Chelsea CL match, but it was packed and in the middle of the day. Eventually I found my way downstairs where they had the Spurs match on.

There wasn't any more than 30-40 Spurs fans down there, but I thought it was nice. Lots of "ex pats."

Why are you moving to Tampa!?! Isn't Georgia hot enough for you? I can't stand it.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:55:37 AM »
When I can actually watch the match, I usually have 3-5 lagers. I don't like getting too pissed while watching football... I once did and missed the good part of a certain World Cup final. D'oh.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:20:41 AM »
I usually drink the blood of our opponents. Apart from that some green tea is nice!  8D

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »
How long you got?

Depends on K/O time. 3pm home game, usually 3-5 pints, but then someone suggests vodka & red bulls...... and then the Jager gets going......  :shhh:

Away games: Depends on how far it is. For long trips, as much as I can get on the train....... This Saturday it will be a lot!
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »
I can't watch tottenham or Southend sober, I like to get involed lol.

Beer or cider for me.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 06:42:24 PM »
@ASF - We're moving to be closer to family. It's important to my wife. And the weather's nice here - lol - but it does get much hotter at times in Florida. I burst out laughing when during the West Brom game the commentator said, "the players pause for some much needed rehydration. I can't stress how hot it is on the pitch today. It is in the LOW 80s." Reminded me of when Tottenham couldn't beat San Jose in California last summer. They all looked like they were about to die due to the heat.

I guess what I'm asking is specifically what kind of beer is everyone drinking for a match?

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 06:57:47 PM »
@ASF - We're moving to be closer to family. It's important to my wife. And the weather's nice here - lol - but it does get much hotter at times in Florida. I burst out laughing when during the West Brom game the commentator said, "the players pause for some much needed rehydration. I can't stress how hot it is on the pitch today. It is in the LOW 80s." Reminded me of when Tottenham couldn't beat San Jose in California last summer. They all looked like they were about to die due to the heat.

I guess what I'm asking is specifically what kind of beer is everyone drinking for a match?
When Spurs won the Carling Cup I was drinking Carlsberg, I still remember that. I usually prefer Estonian beers but these names won't ring a bell for you, and Carlsberg and my old favourite Foster's.

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »
Usually Foster's or Bud.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 04:07:12 AM »
Bud. Really? I thought you guys turned your nose up at the stuff. I guess beer is beer no matter where you are.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 08:07:32 AM »
Bud. Really? I thought you guys turned your nose up at the stuff. I guess beer is beer no matter where you are.
I really like Bud but it's a bit too expensive here...

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 11:37:11 AM »
I really like Bud but it's a bit too expensive here...

Very expensive! Prefer to drink out of a bottle as well.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »
Carlsberg or strongbow for me.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?