Marca Team of 2010

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Marca Team of 2010
« on: December 31, 2010, 10:06:06 PM »
Gareth Bale has been named by Marca readers as the best left back in the world in 2010.

The full team of the year is as follows – lining up in a 4-3-3 formation.

GK: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)
DF: Maicon (Inter Milan), Gerard Pique (FC Barcelona), Carles Puyol (FC Barcelona), Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
MF: Xavi Hernandez (FC Barcelona), Xabi Alons0 (Real Madrid), Andres Iniesta (FC Barcelona)
FW: Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona), David Villa (FC Barcelona), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)

The XI was voted for by 125,000 Marca readers, and naturally is very focussed on the Spanish league, MARCA is a Spanish national daily sports newspaper owned by Unidad Editorial

:)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
Re: Marca Team of 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:17:46 PM »
thats a great accolade for the young man...fully deserved too :santa_afro:
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 10:38:26 PM »
I was reading that yesterday. It caught be a bit off-guard that they would pick Xavi and Iniesta before Jenas.  :angel:
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:02:35 PM »
I was reading that yesterday. It caught be a bit off-guard that they would pick Xavi and Iniesta before Jenas.  :angel:

:santa_grin:
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 11:31:05 PM »
Left Back ??? When was the last time Bale played left back ? I suppose they had to fit him in somewhere but it's been a long time since we played him in defence. His rise to recognition only came when he moved into midfield. I doubt we will see him return to that role anytime soon. Still nice to see we are attracting attention and appreciation from abroad.   

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 05:14:47 AM »
Nice bit of acknowledgment of Bales ability, shame its not in the position that he actually plays in though that maximised his abilities to get him noticed worldwide.   :santa_lipsrsealed:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!