SpursNetwork

Wayne Rooney

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
  • Season Ticket: No
Wayne Rooney
« on: October 19, 2010, 11:05:57 AM »
Ok i know im being delusional but lets just discuss about it just for fun.

If its true about Rooney wants out at Manure, Do you think we have a chance to get him?
I would glad to swap him with Keano would be great really. Defoe Rooney upfront fuuh...

But realistically wage would be a big stumbling block. But who is to say? VdV Came and he took a paycut. What bout Rooney?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
Re: Wayne Rooney
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 12:02:58 PM »
Of course i'd love to see Rooney playing with Bale, Modric, VDV and Lennon at Spurs, but he needs to sort himself out, he has been right off form since March/April last season, had a terrible WC by his standards and has failed to get going this season.

But, we all know he will bounce back soon! hopefully not before United v Spurs in 2 weeks.

So as far as us signing Roonry, its not going to happen, we won't pay his wages although he fee will probably be knocked down now he won't be signing a new deal at OT. Probably go abroad
COYS!

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 12:20:47 PM »
Impossible. Too highly priced never mind wages. Also. Whoever signs him will be taking a gamble due to his poor form, temperament, and off the ball sexual gymnastics. No thanks.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »
yep, one word "wages" he will want far to much money.

ant tbh i think rooney wants out of england

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 01:01:38 PM »
Cannot see this happening.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 02:05:13 PM »
lol... its amazing that tho Clooney's had probably less than 10% of the sexual-partners (whores and tarts) that Defoe has had, its Clooney who gets it in the neck..

just goes to prove that no footballer should EVER get married while still playing the game, tho you can have as many out-of-wedlock children as you want (or dont even want)....

Clooney would not choose Spurs over Citeh, R.Madrid, Barvelona, Chelsea in a million zillion years.... nor would/should Levy pay anything more than 30m for a great striker for Spurs.... and Clooney will be on about 250k aweek at Citeh if he goes there... I doubt he'd get even 100k at Spurs...

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 04:21:49 PM »
and Clooney will be on about 250k aweek at Citeh if he goes there.

If true thats shocking, the amount of money players are earning now in the game...i read somewhere else that City could even offer him 500k a week...its a joke that Fifa,The Fa,The Premier League who ever you want to blame..let players wages get out of hand....there should have been a wage cap put on players earnings a long long time ago.

"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 05:33:06 PM »
Perhaps Sven has lured him to Leicester.  :lol:
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 05:45:56 PM »
Talk sport says hes going to Citeh for around 300k a week, mind you if I was Levy I would enquire you never know.

I'm being serious, if you don't ask you don't get.

Mind you realisticly I'd give you odds of 1000-1 that he wouldn't come

;)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 07:36:51 PM »
true to that Ugs, Who knows Harry can coax him to join us and get himself straight! Heck he could be the next Dave Mackay!

Although id very hate it if he joins Mancs because of Money. If he does joins and fails just like J.Cole id be laughing my socks off!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 08:16:17 PM »
How on earth does £300k a week fit in with the up-coming UEFA rule on out goings not exceeding in comings. Clubs obviously know that the new rules wont stick. Rooney wont be coming to Spurs thats for sure, but if he was looking for a club on the up, which is looking to win trophies, with an excellent squad of young players and ambititious plans for the future, he could do a lot worse.   

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »
for a club like Citeh who are being used as a vehicle for some tiny Arab state to look big in the eyes of the world.... abit like the latest lotto-winner poncing around town in a Ferrari..... throwing away 100s of millions in wages can easily be done...

all they have to do is for the owner to pay Rooney out of his own pocket, and theres nothing anyone else can do about it..

dont forget Citeh are in a unique position where they can stay within budget of the club, but the owner is happy to lavish millions from his own pocket (or rather the pockets of the country's entire population that an absolute monarchy like the Al-Nahyan gangster-family steal from)...

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 12:03:52 AM »
on sky sports from Redknapp

The scramble for   Wayne Rooney's signature has already begun with Tottenham boss Harry   Redknapp revealing he would be interested in the Manchester United   striker.                       Speculation over Rooney's future is set to rumble on for the   foreseeable future after Sir Alex Ferguson admitted that the apex of his   attack wants to leave Old Trafford.
The 24-year-old's present   contract expires in 18 months time and Redknapp, who is known for his   ability to get the best out of the transfer market, would welcome him to   White Hart Lane.
And he reckons, should the former Everton trainee allow his contract run down, he could be the ultimate signing. Chairman "I'm going to speak to my chairman and see if we can get Rooney to Tottenham," Redknapp joked.
"But I doubt very much that will happen.
"I   haven't seen Alex's interview but I'm sure that it's honest and its   open and he's explained it openly then that's got to be good.
"I think these things need to be open sometimes. Everybody wonders why this has happened, why that has happened.
"The game belongs to the people and the people should know what happens more in football.
"Too many people feel that the most important people of all, the people who pay the wages, are kept in the dark.
"Come out and tell it as it is."
With   Spurs growing in stature after finishing fourth and qualifying for the   Champions League, Redknapp admits they could be in the running.
"It's not impossible," added Redknapp. "If he's going to stay in England, who knows?
"You've got to be interested when the very, very best players become available but it would be a big ask.
"I'm sure there'll be some big fish out there wanting to take Rooney, that's for sure.
"He's a fantastic player - he's having a bad spell, he's had bad two or three months - but he's a great player."
Whoever signs the England marksman will no doubt do so at a huge expense and in the process make Rooney considerably wealthier.
It   is, as Redknapp accepts, a growing indication of the power of the   players in the modern, that such an asset could possible leave with his   club not receiving a penny. Free"At the end of the day, Wayne Rooney will be a free agent," he continued.
"What an amazing situation to be in: somebody who's worth £50-60 million will be a free agent.
"He's going to want a decent signing on fee; he's not going to be cheap, is he?
"Players have all the power now. If he doesn't sign a contract, he's a free agent. What a position to be in.
"He's   in a position where, if somebody gives him £30 million, you're getting a   very cheap player - if they give it to him personally. That's without   his wages.
"He's got 18 months to get through before he's going to free, which is going to be difficult.
"But if that's the road he wants to go down, he can go down that road. Man United can do nothing about it.
"All they can do is keep trying to make him a better offer to sign a contract, I suppose. There's no other way out for a club.
"One   thing's for sure, he won't find a better club than Manchester United to   play for. He's got a great manager there. I don't know what's gone on   there but it's a shame if it ends that way."

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 05:18:05 AM »
Problem i have is that he really is quite ugly
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork