Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Season News and Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 09:16:56 PM »
DC76 Anxious To Get Season Underway After Incredible Preseason
Confguide.com

We were travelling in North London the other day, doing our rounds of the teams in the area, when we happened upon Canadian defender DC76 just leaving The Mansion in Haringey, home pitch of Spurs Network FC, after an optional practice. He was very accomodating and took us up on an interview request.

CG: So, DC, what do you make of the fantastic preseason your team has had?

DC: I don't think anyone saw us coming. But the element of surprise, while powerful, is rather transitory. So it speaks to how good this club really is that we did this well. And outscoring your opposition 8-buzz helps, too! But this is just the preseason. The only thing preseason is good for is building positive momentum and good chemistry between the team members, andI think we accomplished both, but I think everyone on the team is as anxious as I am to get the actual season started, because this is where a club's actual prestige, and all the trophies, come from.

CG: Too right. So what do you make of all the hoopla surrounding you and some of your teammates regarding transfers and international duty?

DC: [manager] Dan's not dumb. He knows that there are going to be offers and rumours of offers, but once he hears of them, he is quick to shut down anything that has even the slightest bit of falsehood about it. I mean, come on, he was rumoured to have been offered 2.4 mil[lion pounds] for Rob! So what does he do? The moment he hears about this, he runs to the club chairman, tells him to book a press conference for the soonest that he can get one, and then tells the papers spewing this garbage that they're full of crap. And very concisely so, I might add!

As far as international duty goes, apparently Canadafootball.com has me listed in the eligibility pool for the national team, but know this - I'm NOT the only  guy who should be on their country's list. This team has so much potential in its players that it doesn't know what to do with it all. In the case of some countries, I'm amazed that their contribution to our team isn't on the list. Oh well, with time and games, these listings will come.

CG: Then we should be in for a very interesting season.

DC: Don't doubt it for a second. I sure don't. This team has three things money can't buy, that you need for success - depth, chemistry, and a positive attitude. We're hungry. We all have varying motivations, but one such motivation is a constant. We want to win every game. And the word "quit" isn't in our team's vocabulary. New we may well be, but to underestimate us is to court disaster. Hell, I thought that was a given in football when you're a player, that you never underestimate any opponent, no matter what they seem like!

CG: I gather you made that very clear last season in the North American Intercollegiate Championships, which your school won!

DC: Oh, absolutely. Some of the NCAA and NAIA schools were thinking, "oh, CIS team, easy victory." And then they got the floor mopped with them. I think the toughest match we played was the semi-final against Syracuse, because they respected our abilities and we respected theirs, so it was tight. Plenty of chances, but only the one goal, which won us the game.

CG: So you didn't think the same about facing Brown U in the final?

DC: Heck no. I think Mathew Britner was the only one who was prepared in that one. Everyone else was like, "oh, our run-and-gun game will catch them off guard," but Mathew was advocating a more cautious game of football, and he was right, but by the time they got that going, it was already 3-0 because Cole [McFarlane] and Kyle Finner had victimised the defence in the first 25 minutes, and trust me, Brit can't handle all those guys on his own! We ended up winning 4-0. I'll admit, that fourth goal had to be amazing to go in, but the other three wouldn't have happened if not for Brown's cockiness. We made an example of them, and they came right out and said it after the match.

CG: Back to SNFC. Who do you think are the players to watch this season?

DC: I mean it when I say, absolutely everyone. Sure, we have 35 players. But all of them have the potential to be great. Yes, even me, in all my Canadianness :p

CG: so you don't think Canadians get much respect?

DC: I know most of us don't. Once in a while you'll get a solid guy that comes along though, and they're like, "say WHAT? That guy's Canadian? I thought he was such-and-such!" I think guys like [Tomasz] Radzinski, [Lars] Hirschfeld, [Atiba] Hutchinson, and [Kevin] McKenna are the best examples of those. And other than that, the pundits are like, "oh, he's only decent at best, blah blah blah yackity-shmackity," and the fans only tend to like the ones that are on their team, with maybe a few exceptions playing here in England like [Paul] Peschisolido, [Jaime] Peters, or [Simeon] Jackson. Sometimes [Paul] Stalteri and [David] Edgar, too.

CG: You sound like you have a high opinion of England.

DC: And why shouldn't I? The fans here are great! Actually England is the country which most Canadians come into to play abroad. Can't say I blame them. It's the best and least confusing system to play in. I'd take this over Spain or Italy any day.

CG: More than the United States, even?

DC: Yup. The Voyageurs' latest "Canucks Abroad" list has twice as many Canadians playing for English teams than for American teams. There are also more Canadians playing in Germany than in the USA, and about the same number playing in the Netherlands as in the USA. Just check canadian-s0ccer.com and see for yourself. :D

CG: Thanks for that information. So who do you think will be your biggest rival this season?

DC: I'm still not a hundred percent used to the local sociogeography here, so that'd be something you'd ask Dan or one of the English players. One thing's for sure, though, if we ever play Ars*nal, it's going to be WAR.

CG: I would expect no less from a team made up primarily of Tottenham Hotspur fans.

DC: Exactly. We'll just wait and see what happens with regards to the FA Cup, but I for one would delight in handing Ars*nal a whoopin'!

CG: Are there any players you personally would want to play against for any reason?

DC: Well, each and every one of Tottenham Hotspur so I could shake hands with them, and several non-Spurs players so I can tell them to quit diving, shut up and play football. :p

CG: *laughs* You really are outspoken.

DC: You ain't heard nuthin' yet!

CG: Thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

DC: Always a pleasure.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:22:31 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline -AL-

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 09:30:04 PM »
awesome interview, captain ;o)

:rockon:
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 07:45:11 AM »
Quote from: Daniisco;5217
Crystal Palace have made an offer worth £800,000 for Berba's Right Beg. The offer was rejected. SNFC have said even his left beg is worth more than that.

Brilliant! :em3600:

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 08:56:47 PM »
Dan, you know your lil interview after the game, anychance of getting some with players. You know after games like the MOTM has an interview or the goalscorer. Summink like that once in a while?

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 09:06:38 PM »
Ok I'll see what I can do

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 09:44:46 PM »
Dan i think you missed a couple of 0's of the offer from wigan for me.

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2007, 09:49:40 PM »

Sheffied Wednesday have made an offer worth £1,800,000 for SNFC's captain DC76. The offer was rejected.

Will has began full training following his bruised rib.

SNFC's talented Attacking Midfielder Biggs could soon be making a £3,000,000 move to Everton according to the Daily Mirror.

SNFC's Manager has yet again denied that one of his players will be making a move away from the club.

Look there is no way one of my players will move, I have big plans for this club and I want everyone of them on board. So its out of the question.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2007, 10:04:40 PM »
A clip from the local papers today:

Spurs Network captain, fiery Canadian DC76, was outspoken as usual about transfer requests, which this time, included him:

"Dan called me into the office this morning and told me about the offer from Dubya [Sheffield Wednesday], and I seriously started laughing my head off. So he asks me, 'what's so funny?' Then I say, 'I can't believe they're so stupid! Didn't I say I wanted to stay here to the press the day I got here? I'm not going to pull a Campbell on these fans! Man, it's so stupid it's funny!' So then he starts laughing along with me. No offence to Wednesday fans, but hell would freeze over before I went there. And I honestly don't give a damn whether they offer 1.8 million or 18 million or whatever. I can't afford to go leaving a team after just having started with it, this early in my career. And I'd feel horrible for having done it, too."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:10:11 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 10:16:31 PM »
Good reply DC! COME ON CANADA GET HIM CAPPED!

Offline Rob

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2007, 01:19:06 PM »
holy crap, milan of all clubs wanted me to join them. Come on united bid for me :p (I want to stay at SNFC. I am happy here :) )
I used to think that being lazy was bad for me .......  So I gave up thinking

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »

Spurs Network Reserves have beaten Altrincham Reserves 4-1 at The Mansion.

Justin has been banned for 3 English Matches starting on 26th August 2006, after being sent off in the match between SNFC and Altrincham.

SNFC have appealed against the decision, the FA have indicated that they will announce their decision on the matter in the near future.

Also bad news for Manager Daniel, for his comments about Referee Devine he will now serve a 2 game touchline ban.

Daniel as declined in making a comment on the matter.

Lyubokick
will be out for about 3 weeks after he suffered a sprained ankle in the game between SNFC and Altrincham.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2007, 08:47:48 PM »
Ooh, manager and Justin out. And Luyo is injured.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2007, 08:52:24 PM »
War Of Words Continues Between Altrincham and SNFC
Halifax Herald

After the Altrincham manager called Spurs Network FC manager Daniel a "poor sport" for his comments about Christian Devine following a red card in the Haringey-based side's 3-1 win, team captain DC76 tore into him only days after being fined for criticising the referee. He was in Halifax for a break after a hard-earned victory, and is set to return to Greater London tomorrow.

"His player dives and gets a BS red card and he calls us poor sports?" the Canadian laughed. "GROW UP ALREADY! It was a bad call, and last time I checked, yours was the player that took a dive, so that in itself is being a poor sport! I look forward to the next time we meet, on our turf, so we can destroy them and send a message that we're not going to put up with any of that crap. Justin gets a three-game suspension for barely touching a guy, Dan gets a two-gamer for telling it like it is, what next? Someone gets suspended for looking at the ref the wrong way? Come on. In Canada, we let comments like his go!"

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Daniisco

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2007, 09:25:58 PM »

The FA have dismissed SNFC's request for the appeal of the ban against Justin.

They feel that the ban was just and fair.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2007, 09:32:06 PM »
Squad fully behind Boss
Non-League Paper

Full back Berba's Right Peg has voiced table topping SN FC's squads opinion on the recent high profile incidents the club have had with the FA.
"Myself and the rest of the lads fully back the Gaffer in his protest to Justin's dismissal. It was unjust and we feel we have been harshly treated. Just is out for 3 games which is a shame as he is a key player, but I am sure someone can step up. The Gaffer is obviously not going to be with us for 2 games, he has a big influence but it will just make us more determined to win these games and continue our form"