SpursNetwork

Spurs sign Younes Kaboul?

« on: May 02, 2007, 04:06:41 PM »
Article in today's Daily Mail:

Tottenham have reportedly agreed a £7.5million fee with Auxerre for French defender Younes Kaboul.

The 21-year-old centre back has attracted interest from Lyon, Liverpool and Portsmouth, but reports in France today claimed a deal has been struck with Spurs.

Head coach Martin Jol is anxious to bolster his defensive options next season and is understood to have watched Kaboul play for Auxerre against Lyon last month.

Club representatives were spotted at Auxerre's goalless draw against Lyon this month and boss Martin Jol is believed to have been one of them.

Spurs have been short of cover at the back this season with captain Ledley King only recently returned after a long-term foot injury.

Fellow centre half Anthony Gardner has not played since breaking his leg against Chelsea in March.

Does anyone know this guy?  I hope he's good!!!???

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 04:09:14 PM »
don't watch the french league.  Don't know who he is but I do hope he is good tho. I also hope this is true no rumours.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:16:09 PM by Dj Frisky »

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 04:12:17 PM »
If Lyon and Liverpool wanted him he cant be to shabby. Lets hope this is true.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 04:32:02 PM »
A bit about him

Younes Kaboul (born January 4, 1986 in France) is a professional football player who currently plays for Auxerre, and the French under 21 national team.

The imposing defender, standing at 190cm tall, is a regular player for Auxerre, and won the Coupe de France in 2005, as well as having European football experience in the UEFA Cup. He has been known to be the 'back bone' for Auxerre, due to his excellent tackling skills, good judgement and strength. He has also been known to score a few key goals to clinch the game for Auxerre.

In November 2006, Kaboul revealed that he could be interested in a transfer to Rangers, after speaking to France under 21 team-mate and Rangers player Jeremy Clement. He is also reported to be attracting interest from A.S. Roma and Inter Milan. A transfer to English Premiership side Portsmouth FC has also been mooted, after their manager, Harry Redknapp, was reportedly spotted scouting the player recently.

Auxerre have already rejected a £6million offer from Portsmouth and Inter, in the January transfer window. It is hardly surprising considering Kaboul is Auxerres best prospect for the future, with the likely-hood of playing for France.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 04:39:02 PM »
Blimey he's a tall one 190cm thats about 6'5" isn't it I guess he'll be picking up Peter Crouch at corners then

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 04:41:28 PM »
190cm is about 6ft3

Offline COYS

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 05:14:39 PM »
That would be good to have a tall centre back, but would he be alright with being on the bench with Dawsome and King at the back already?
Berba > God

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 06:32:18 PM »
you can never have too many defenders considering our injury problems

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 07:20:16 PM »
Tall defender is what we need  in the team.

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 07:49:18 PM »
I hope this is true, the guy sounds very promising and we deff need plenty of defensive options with all the injuries as of late.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 07:33:15 AM »
Looks a great prospect, if we have got him then he would be perfect backup without player loadsa cash.

Offline McCoy

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 01:59:47 PM »
yeh he sounds promising but experience is what we need. From Daniisco's post he seems to have it in Europe, so could be a good buy.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 04:17:39 PM »
sounds quite good but i'm not sure he'd be happy with the bench.  Why don't we play king at dm!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 04:19:30 PM »
Oh yeah Danny i forgot he plays there.

Thats a really good point though, we could teach Zokora to play more attackingly minded and have King at DM and Zok at AM. :cool:

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »
French league find, a whiff of Commolli spotting this one methinks.

Oh and I doubt King would be happy playing DM, he wasnt under Pleat, but did it as we severely lacked options.
There be dragons