SpursNetwork

Transfer Window is now closed

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Transfer Window is open
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, 12:17:45 PM »
A relatively reasonable arguments in this Sky Sports article. About Loic Remy:

Considering Remy's form for Marseille this season, both QPR and Newcastle would be taking a huge gamble if they splurged a reported £11million on the striker. The France international has scored just three times in 19 appearances this term and his record of 12 strikes in 29 Ligue 1 games last year does little to justify his price tag. That Remy was also diagnosed with a heart problem during his Marseille medical in 2010 may also be a consideration, but more pressing is the lack of evidence to suggest the forward could spark an immediate revival for either of the Premier League strugglers.

I agree.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »
Good article Riff, I think I recall the heart problems raised when we were last looking at him.  Wouldnt want a player risking his health whilst playing for us plus his strike rate isnt that great in what i view to be a lesser league.

I think we may look elsewhere unless we get him cheap.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2013, 04:02:32 PM »

This is quote from Lewis Hotlby i picked up today

Holtby, who has an English father, is now relishing the prospect of playing in the Premier League and is particularly excited about linking up with Andre Villa-Boas.

"[Tottenham] are not a small club and have an insanely good manager," Holtby told ESPN.

This man knows what it's all about! :nods:

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2013, 04:12:40 PM »
Holtby doesnt know as much as Baldbloke, AVB is clueless and just having a lucky spell.

Holtby is arriving with rose tinted glasses arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its going wrong before it starts.

Pmsl how I like to take the piss, great to see what I feel is a very good signing praising the manager and club, seems AVB could have been key to signing Holtby?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2013, 04:47:45 PM »

This is quote from Lewis Hotlby i picked up today

Holtby, who has an English father, is now relishing the prospect of playing in the Premier League and is particularly excited about linking up with Andre Villa-Boas.

"[Tottenham] are not a small club and have an insanely good manager," Holtby told ESPN.

This man knows what it's all about! :nods:

At least he has got taste and sense :up:
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2013, 10:19:24 AM »
Apparently Man U are looking to let Welbeck go out on loan to maybe reading, I would definately move in for him if I was THFC especially on a loan deal with a view to perm if he does well.

I think though we will have no chance as fergietoss threw his toys out the pram ref that young LB lad whos name I have already forgotten.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2013, 12:49:39 PM »
Are we going to be Man U's work experience team again, I bloody hope not, why should we help them by giving their players experience in the PL only for them to take them back, NO they can get stuffed as far as I am concerned.

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2013, 04:44:30 PM »
Are we going to be Man U's work experience team again, I bloody hope not, why should we help them by giving their players experience in the PL only for them to take them back, NO they can get stuffed as far as I am concerned.

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

To be honest I don't think United would allow him to go on loan to Spurs. They wouldn't want to be seen helping us up the ladder.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline pieboy

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2013, 05:31:43 PM »
If the lad goes on loan he will get experience regardless if he is at the lane or not, So if we can benefit from it why not?
With ade going, Welbeck seem like a good choice. No value in January in regards to making transfers, so loan deals of this calibre is as good as it gets.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2013, 07:43:15 PM »
If the lad goes on loan he will get experience regardless if he is at the lane or not, So if we can benefit from it why not?
With ade going, Welbeck seem like a good choice. No value in January in regards to making transfers, so loan deals of this calibre is as good as it gets.

I go along with that, Welbeck is very competitive and would like to get regular games. As an england player, he would do well with Defoe.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2013, 08:14:45 AM »
Damiao is the one we should be getting, a big strong pacy CF who can take Adebayors place and make him fight to get it back, if he cares enough, which I doubt.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2013, 09:29:09 AM »
Damiao is the one we should be getting, a big strong pacy CF who can take Adebayors place and make him fight to get it back, if he cares enough, which I doubt.

Just read that we have been chasing him for over a year and we have made an approach and sent proposals! My only reservation is the with the exeption of a few Brazilian outfield players very few can hack it in the EPL due to how physical it is. 

This of course doesnt mean Damiao will fail and I think if we can get him at a good price we should but also allow him to settle and adapt to the EPL he is unlikley to be a quick fix, ace if he is though!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2013, 10:10:45 AM »

Just read that we have been chasing him for over a year and we have made an approach and sent proposals! My only reservation is the with the exeption of a few Brazilian outfield players very few can hack it in the EPL due to how physical it is. 

This of course doesnt mean Damiao will fail and I think if we can get him at a good price we should but also allow him to settle and adapt to the EPL he is unlikley to be a quick fix, ace if he is though!

I've also just read that he knows nothing about any approaches from Spurs, I wouldn'y hold your breath on this one it's been rumbling on for months and months and there still dosen't seem to be any progress..... probably paper talk !!!!

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2013, 12:57:32 PM »

I've also just read that he knows nothing about any approaches from Spurs, I wouldn'y hold your breath on this one it's been rumbling on for months and months and there still dosen't seem to be any progress..... probably paper talk !!!!

:-\

Like most of our transfer targets lol

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2013, 01:29:37 PM »

Reports are so mixed about this guy. On one minute and off the next that you don't know what to believe. The latest is that he wished to stay in Brazil, but it could be different again this afternoon and tomorrow.

It doesn't have to be Damiao, I am sure there are loads of great strikers aout there looking to sign for a great club and by that I don't mean Ars*nal :nope: