SpursNetwork

Taxi for Mr Redknapp

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
Taxi for Mr Redknapp
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »
There is a growing clamour on several Spurs fan sites and comments on Sky Sports that Harry has lost the plot with his team selection, substitutions, tactics (or lack of it) and that people are sick of the excuses and praises for the opposition all the time. There is a serious sense that he must go. Am interested to see if there is a similar feeling among members here.

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Taxi for Mr Redknapp
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 07:06:56 PM »
http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php/topic,2105.0.html is my opinion.

If he left tomorrow I wouldn't be to upset.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 07:09:39 PM »
Quite frankly it would add to the celebrations of the week ahead. Totally agree.

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 07:10:54 PM »
Next week we will go to Chelsea and will bottle it as we always do, we will then go to Liverpool and bottle it again.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 10:16:22 PM »
The season is over now anyway..........we will be put to sword at Chelsea and Liverpool. For heavens sake, it makes horror reading......Blackpool, Wolves, West Ham, Wigan, West Brom

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 10:18:45 PM »
You have to laugh a little bit  :lol: Leaving Blackpool  :lol: As I said, lets enjoy our last 5 games.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 10:22:34 PM »
True, laughing is all we have left! :ohyeah:

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 11:35:30 PM »
Harry tonight (source SkySports) "Tottenham had never been in it before until this season and suddenly it is like 'we have to be in the Champions League'. Er yes Mr Redknapp, thats what the club is supposed to be trying for! Now come the excuses and managing fans expectations. Tosser

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 04:02:55 AM »
Harry tonight (source SkySports) "Tottenham had never been in it before until this season and suddenly it is like 'we have to be in the Champions League'. Er yes Mr Redknapp, thats what the club is supposed to be trying for! Now come the excuses and managing fans expectations. Tosser

he actually said that? f**king d**khead he dont give a s**t about our club unlike us die hards!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 04:15:41 AM »
I am just so f**king angry at what we should have achieved this season it was a reality, its been a false dawn yet again and the worrying thing is losing what we have now and going backwards, key players decent income from CL footi to allow us to carry on growing.

Now after a night of dealing with twat after twat I am trying to be rational and I ask myself is Arry the man to take us forward now???  I can honestly say that I dont think he is, I think he can keep us in places 5 to 7 until other teams advance and over take but thats it.

Tactically he is as good as a headless chicken, yes he truned some players around getting the best out of them and got us out the shyte but he hasnt gone on from that and turned us into the team we should be with the talent available (which we risk loosing). 

He has 1.5 eyes on the England job anyway, plus I just dont trust the c*nt he has no morals and would sell us out and IMO his heart isnt with THFC unlike big MJ.

f**k its all doom and gloom..... maybe things will look better after a kip  :hide:

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 06:09:12 AM »
I'm not going to say anyone is wrong or right with their opinions, but we snatched 4th place at the last minute last season. Redknapp has a point when he says we have no right to expect that now. The last thing I want to see is a Chelsea approach to finding a successful manager. I have problems with lots of the things he's done, but the last thing I want is to see him sacked.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 06:58:47 AM »
True, noboday has a right to CL football BUT, when we have had the opportunity to have had it virtually sewn up (and challengeing for top spot as Harry said himself at the time) in the games going back to Blackpool, we have a right to complain. It is complacity and ignorance that has got us to the stage where qualification is now unlikely. City now have a game in hand on us and are still ahead. They have a better goal difference too. We have dropped 11 points against Blackpool, Wolves, West Ham, Wigan and West Brom that quite frankly we should have got. With those we would be 3rd, apoint behind Chelsea with a game in hand and hot on the heels of United. THATS the reality and THATS we are all pissed off. Chelsea wobbled and got back to winning ways against thlikes of the teams we have crumbled at. We have said on here so many times, "WTF is Harry up to" with his team selections, formations etc and we, the fans, have been proved right EVERY single time.
When an organisation builds, there are stages. harry turned the club around from October 2008 no doubt about that - but is he the man to take us forward to really challenge at the top, No, I dont think so. One man that has the hear and savvy to do it and capture the support of the squad is Martin Jol - however, I cannot see Levy doing a U-turn, mores the pity.
This is a very sad time. It is sour grapes, but a golden future WAS within our grasp and one man has destroyed it.

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 07:31:32 AM »
True, noboday has a right to CL football BUT, when we have had the opportunity to have had it virtually sewn up (and challengeing for top spot as Harry said himself at the time) in the games going back to Blackpool, we have a right to complain. It is complacity and ignorance that has got us to the stage where qualification is now unlikely. City now have a game in hand on us and are still ahead. They have a better goal difference too. We have dropped 11 points against Blackpool, Wolves, West Ham, Wigan and West Brom that quite frankly we should have got. With those we would be 3rd, apoint behind Chelsea with a game in hand and hot on the heels of United. THATS the reality and THATS we are all pissed off. Chelsea wobbled and got back to winning ways against thlikes of the teams we have crumbled at. We have said on here so many times, "WTF is Harry up to" with his team selections, formations etc and we, the fans, have been proved right EVERY single time.
When an organisation builds, there are stages. harry turned the club around from October 2008 no doubt about that - but is he the man to take us forward to really challenge at the top, No, I dont think so. One man that has the hear and savvy to do it and capture the support of the squad is Martin Jol - however, I cannot see Levy doing a U-turn, mores the pity.
This is a very sad time. It is sour grapes, but a golden future WAS within our grasp and one man has destroyed it.

Good post Holtspur, but if I could pick " one man", I think it would be Levy. If he'd put the money on the table for 2 or 3 big name signings I think we'd be out of City's sights by now.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 08:23:04 AM »
There is a growing clamour on several Spurs fan sites and comments on Sky Sports that Harry has lost the plot with his team selection, substitutions, tactics (or lack of it) and that people are sick of the excuses and praises for the opposition all the time. There is a serious sense that he must go. Am interested to see if there is a similar feeling among members here.

I share the frustrations as the rest of you. Playing lennon on the left doesn't work, putting VDV on the wing doesn't work, and not buying an obviously needed striker in the transfer has cost us CL. I am also p155ed off that he never puts his hands up and says he got it wrong. Harry along with all the other managers since bill nick still hasn't got the players heads right, and there is little doubt we will lose against Chelsea before we actually kick a ball.

The problem is who would we replace him with realistically. Jose will still be at Real next year and anyway we could not afford him or give him the purse he would want for players. There isn't another foreign manager I would want  and lets be honest Harry is about the best English one.

Top top sides can attack and defend in the same game, we can't, or is it that our players don't work hard enough and track back. Is it that their not fit enough to run off of the ball and close down players. It is my belief and has been for some years now that our team is not fit enough and as long as they continue to spend time in the pub they never will be.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 09:26:37 AM »
My main issue is: Redknapp keeps going on about Man City spending 170 million +, but how does that make a difference to us on the pitch? We have taken six points from the bottom 4 teams (played 7) that has nothing to do with the money Man City spent.