Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Football League + Conference
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »
Dis is, I believes called... UPDATE TIMES :P

CHAMPIONSHIP

Well, it's all said and done. The Saints (88) have prevailed in the race for automatic promotion, having pounded Coventry 4-0 to put themselves clear of Wet Spam (86) in spite of the fact that they also won, 2-1 over Hull. Also, Middlesbrough lost, so they aren't in the playoffs this year. Here's how they line up:

Spammers vs. Cardiff
Birmingham vs. Blackpool

At the other end, the only hope for Pompey now is to get out of administration before the playoffs begin, which would condemn Barnsley (48) to relegation. But I don't think it'll happen, therefore Portsmouth will be joining Coventry and Doncaster in relegation. Whether or not they play League One next season is another story entirely, though.

LEAGUE ONE

Still a match to go in Leagues One and Two.

Sheffield Wednesday (90) have pulled ahead of their cross-town rivals United (89) by winning a close one against Brentford (64) and eliminating the same from the playoffs. MK Dons (80) and Huddersfield (78) have clinched playoff spots, so no worries there.  Stevenage (70, +22) still holds the last playoff spot on goal differential because of their 2-2 draw against United, although Notts County (70, +9) and Carlisle (69) are still nipping at their heels because of wins over Exeter (41) and Wycombe (43) respectively. The latter, by the way, was doomed to relegation by the loss and will be joining Chesterfield (42), Exeter, and Rochdale (38) in going under.

LEAGUE TWO

Well, we know that Swindon (92) has clinched the championship, and we know that Shrewsbury (88) has clinched automatic promotion. The last auto-promo spot is still up for grabs between Crawley (81, +21), Torquay (81, +14), and Southend (80) and all of these plus Cheltenham (74) have clinched at least playoff spots. Believe it or not, though, Crewe (71) can still miss the playoffs if they lose and Oxford United (68) wins, because of Oxford's superior goal differential. Even one point from the Aldershot match, though, and Crewe has nothing to worry about.

At the other end, Macclesfield (37) has been doomed to relegation, but Hereford (41) is still hanging on by a thread. Barnet MUST win against Burton Albion to assure safety or hope that Hereford doesn't win. If Barnet loses or draws and Hereford somehow beats Torquay, Barnet's toast.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Boy, Kidderminster (76) blew it something fierce. They didn't even put up a fight against Mansfield, losing 3-0 and basically gift-wrapping the playoff spot for Luton (81). Now Luton themselves ended Fleetwood's season on a losing note, blanking the Conference champs 2-0, so they would have made the playoffs even had Kidderminster actually come to play :P

That said, here are the playoff lineups:

Wrexham (98) vs. Luton
Mansfield (89) vs. York (83)

The red was already set in stone. Check the last full update. ;)

CONFERENCE NORTH

Quite the finish. All four of the hopefuls for the three remaining playoff spots won their matches! Halifax beat Solihull, Nuneaton beat Blyth Spartans, Gainsborough beat Altrincham :dance: , and Stalybridge beat Hinckley. So what does this mean? Well, because of their points disadvantage, Stalybridge (71) still misses the playoffs.

Guiseley (85) vs. Nuneaton (72)
Halifax (74, +21) vs. Gainsborough (74, +13)

The other end had a rather anticlimactic finish after Stalybridge beat Hinckley 4-2, condemning the team with the points disadvantage to descend to the feeders next season.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

They need to rename Basingstoke to Yaysingstoke. :P They got the point they needed to sink Chelmsford. Not that they needed to, though - Chelmsford cocked their chances up on their own,  coming up short against the champs Woking.

Not that I think Basingstoke will get past the first round, although I'll be happy if they do.

Dartford (88) vs. Basingstoke (71)
Welling (81) vs. Sutton (74)

At the other end, it came right down to the wire, as Havant & Waterlooville (44) condemned Maidenhead (43) (who themselves had gutted out a 4-3 win over Eastleigh, scoring the winner in stoppage time) with a win literally seconds before the ref would have blown the final whistle in a 3-2 nailbiter against Staines. Hampton & Richmond also won, but since Maidenhead won they would have been relegated anyway. Now had both teams gotten a draw, that would have been a different story, and H&R was the only team whose win wasn't in the dying seconds of the match!

FEEDERS

Northern - The playoffs have already started in the Northern Premier, to see who will join Chester in Conference next season. A bit of an upset in the first leg, too - FC United of Manchester beat Chorley 2-0. That said, Bradford Park Avenue destroyed Hednesford 5-0. :o

Southern - The season's end caught a bit of a snag because of Totton having to postpone their match due to waterlogged grounds. The only team needing to worry at this point though is Stourbridge, since Oxford, Chesham, and Cambridge have all clinched playoff spots, having played their last matches. The worst that could happen to the latter of those two is that they could move down a spot in the rankings, should Totton beat Bedford Town. A draw would still eliminate Stourbridge because it would put Totton and Stourbridge even in points, and Totton's far superior goal diff (+36 to Stourbridge's +21) would bump them. (It would also move Cambridge City down a place since they too have 72  points and are +26)

So we'll have to wait to see who joins Brackley in the Conference next season. :P

Isthmian - Although the season isn't officially done, the match tomorrow (Kingstonian vs. East Thurrock U) has no bearing on the playoff picture.

All four teams battling for the two lower playoff spots won, meaning the top two of those get playoff spots. Here's how the playoffs look then:

Hornchurch (82, +33) vs. Bury Town (75, +30)
Lowestoft (82, +27) vs. Wealdstone (75, +37)

Not signing off just yet. :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2012, 10:00:31 PM »
Come On Southend get a win next week! Need Torquay and Crawley both to draw or  lose!

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2012, 11:46:06 PM »
EDIT: DerpC76 is derp.  :2funny: Will be pulling for Southend to get the auto-promo then for Torquay to win the playoffs.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:50:20 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2012, 10:36:40 PM »
Mini-update:

AFC Totton won its postponed match against Bedford in the Southern League Premier, meaning that the Southern League Playoffs are now set:

Oxford City vs. Cambridge City (Oxbridge much? :P )
Totton vs. Chesham

Conference North/South/Premier, and Isthmian League playoffs all start tomorrow. Also, I forgot that the feeder playoffs were only one-leggers, so the Northern League FINAL actually goes on Saturday between Bradford Park Avenue and FC United of Manchester. I'm going to hazard a guess that the Southern League playoffs start Saturday. (EDIT: I stand corrected - they start Thursday.)

League Championship playoffs start on Thursday. GO CARDIFF!  :up:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:51:23 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2012, 12:51:00 AM »
Today's Playoff Results:

CONFERENCE PREMIER

York 1 Mansfield 1 - a bit surprising, this.

CONFERENCE NORTH

Gainsborough 2 Halifax 2
Nuneaton 1 Guiseley 1

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Dartford 1 Basingstoke 0
Welling 2 Sutton 1

ISTHMIAN LEAGUE

Hornchurch 3 Bury Town 1
Lowestoft 2 Wealdstone 1

None as impressive as Spurs' 4-1 bollocking of LOLton, but still... :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2012, 10:12:28 PM »
Today's Playoff Results:

CHAMPIONSHIP

West Ham 2 Cardiff 0  :buck2: (This board needs a thumbs-down smiley. :P)

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Luton 2 Wrexham 0  :o

SOUTHERN LEAGUE

Oxford City 1 Cambridge City 0
Totton 3 Chesham 2

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2012, 12:57:42 AM »
Blackpool 1 Birmingham 0

Tons of matches tomoz.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2012, 01:20:45 AM »
Update time!

LEAGUE ONE

Well, it's now all said and done. And unfortunately for Sheffield United (90) they didn't pull it together enough to salvage automatic promotion, with it falling to rivals Wednesday (93) after they comfortably dispatched Wycombe and United got a measly draw against already-relegated Exeter.

Both Stevenage and Notts County won their matches by three, which means that the former are in the playoffs by goal differential, with the other three teams having locked it up already. Here's the matchups:

Sheffield United vs. Stevenage
Huddersfield vs. MK Dons

LEAGUE TWO

Torquay's gotta be embarrassed by their closing-day performance. They lost against Hereford (44), who still didn't have enough to get promoted as Barnet (46) also won against Burton Albion, so it's Conference for dem Cows next season :P Had Crawley not slipped past Aldershot 1-0, it would have been enough that Southend beat last-place Macclesfield 2-zip. But at least they have top seed in the playoffs. I like Torquay and all, but I'll have to go neutral should they play Southend. :P

The matchups:

Southend vs. Crewe
Torquay vs. Cheltenham

More playoff matches tomorrow (later today in the Mother Country :P):

CONFERENCE NORTH

Gainsborough vs. Halifax (even 2-2)
Nuneaton vs. Guiseley (even 1-1)

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Basingstoke vs. Dartford (Dartford leads 1-0)
Welling vs. Sutton (Welling leads 2-1)

NORTHERN PREMIER

Bradford Park Avenue vs. FC United of Manchester (final)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2012, 08:42:45 PM »
Got two days' worth of matches to cover, so bear with me :P

CHAMPIONSHIP

West Ham pretty much blew Cardiff off the map. They won 3-0 on Monday to win 5-0 on aggregate. The Blackpool-Brum return match goes tomorrow.

LEAGUE ONE

Playoffs are set:

Stevenage vs. Sheff U
Huddersfield vs. MK Dons

LEAGUE TWO

Playoffs set here as well:

Crewe vs. Southend
Torquay vs. Cheltenham

Hereford won their closer, but so did Barnet, so Hereford is still going down. :P

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Playoff scores:

York 1 Mansfield 0 (ET) (York wins 2-1)
Wrexham 2 Luton 1 (Luton wins 3-2)

Well how's that for ya? :o 4 vs. 5 in the playoff final!

CONFERENCE NORTH

Gainsborough 1 Halifax 0 (Gainsborough wins 3-2)
Nuneaton 1 Guiseley 0 (Nuneaton wins 2-1)

4 vs. 5 again! :lol:

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Welling 0 Sutton 0 (Welling wins 2-1)
Dartford 2 Basingstoke 1 (Dartford wins 3-1)

Here it was actually 2 vs. 3 :P

FEEDERS

Hornchurch 2 Lowestoft 1 (Isthmian Final)
Oxford City 4 Totton 2 (Southern Final)
Bradford Park Avenue 1 FCUM 0 (Northern Final recap)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:41:20 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2012, 01:11:00 AM »
When are the playoff final dates mate?
Championship,League 1,2 and Conference?

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2012, 02:53:17 AM »
Championship Final - 19 May (Wet Spam vs. Brum or Blackpool)
League One Final - 25 May (semis start later this week)
League Two Final - 26 May (semis start later this week)
Conference Final - 20 May (York vs. Luton, mai burfday :3)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »
25th falls on a Friday!?! Surely they would play league 1 final on the 26th then 27th for league 2.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2012, 07:43:39 PM »
The dates I saw on soccerway.com might be tentative - who knows?

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
League 1 Playoff final is 26th and League 2 Playoff final is 27th.

Really good summaries of Football League and Conference DC76 - thanks!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2012, 08:25:31 PM »
In other words, S-way cocked it up. :P

Even though I'm eight hours behind England, it would still be the same date. Kickoff would be 7 in the morning on my end.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!