SpursNetwork

Football League + National League

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Football League + Conference
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2012, 06:19:19 AM »
Birmingham 2 Blackpool 2 (Blackpool wins 3-2).

No games now until Friday, then a week's worth of matches:

Friday 11 May: Stevenage vs. Sheff U, leg 1
Saturday 12 May: Huddersfield vs. MK Dons, leg 1; Crewe vs. Southend, leg 1
Sunday 13 May: Cheltenham vs. Torquay, leg 1
Monday 14 May: Stevenage vs. Sheff U, leg 2
Tuesday 15 May: Huddersfield vs. MK Dons, leg 2
Wednesday 16 May: Southend vs. Crewe, leg 2
Thursday 17 May: Cheltenham vs. Torquay, leg 2

Then the Championship playoff final that Saturday (Spammers vs. Blackpool) and the Conference final that Sunday. (Luton vs. York.)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #211 on: May 12, 2012, 09:07:04 PM »
Stevenage 0 Sheff U 0
Huddersfield 2 MK Dons 0 :P
Crewe 1 Southend 0  :buck2:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2012, 10:58:45 PM »
Its only half time, come on you blues.
I'll be going on Wednesday to show my local support.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #213 on: May 13, 2012, 12:18:10 AM »
Yeah, this is still winnable by Southend for sure. :up:

I remember some people making disparaging remarks about MK Dons, so I'll bet they're happy that club has more of a hill to climb in the second leg.  :lol:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2012, 01:53:26 AM »
Sheff U 1 Stevenage 0 (Sheff U wins 1-0)
MK Dons 2 Huddersfield 1 (Huddersfield wins 3-2)

also, Cheltenham beat Torquay 2-0 in the first leg on Sunday - forgot to mention that. Tomorrow is D-Day for Southend.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2012, 12:28:24 AM »
Southend 2 Crewe 2 (Crewe wins 3-2  :buck2: )
Cheltenham 2 Torquay 1 (Cheltenham wins 4-1)

So another final where the lower seeds clash :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2012, 01:14:41 AM »
Spammers 2 Blackpool 1  >:(
York 2 Luton 1

League 1 and 2 finals are next weekend.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2012, 08:29:07 PM »
Huddersfield beat Sheff U on penalties. It was 0-0 after regulation AND ET, and it went all the way to the keepers. Final penalty score was 8-7, after Hudds' keeper scored and Sheff U's missed.

Holy upset, Batman! :o

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #218 on: May 28, 2012, 01:32:54 AM »
Crewe 2 Cheltenham 0 - so Crewe will be in League One next season.

So here's a final rundown of who did what in the Football League and Conference, and who will be in Conference next season:

Down from Premier League - Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers, Wolverhampton Wanderers (it's too bad Ars*nal weren't really called Woolwich Wanderers because it seems a bad season to call anyone by that name :lol: )

Up to Premier League - Reading (champs), Southampton (2nd), West Ham (playoff winners)

Down to League One - Portsmouth (if they don't fold), Coventry City, Doncaster Rovers

Up to Championship - Charlton Athletic (champs), Sheffield Wednesday (2nd), Huddersfield Town (playoff winners)

Down to League Two - Wycombe Wanderers (see, what did I tell you? :P), Chesterfield, Exeter City, Rochdale AFC (my friend Kier will be happy that they finished DEAD FLIPPIN' LAST  :ohyeah: )

Up to League One - Swindon Town (champs), Shrewsbury Town (2nd), Crawley Town (3rd), Crewe Alexandra (playoff winners)

Down to Conference Premier - Hereford United (DEM COWS), Macclesfield Town

Up to League Two - Fleetwood Town (champs), York City (playoff winners)

Up to Conference Premier - Hyde (Conference North champs), Woking (Conference South champs), Nuneaton Town, Dartford (playoff winners), Gainsborough Trinity, Welling (lucky losers - Kettering has resigned from Conference, to play in the Southern Premier League next season, and Darlington will be in the Northern League Division One after failing to come to agreement with creditors (which is still better than folding though :) )

Expected Conference Lineups for Next Season

NORTH

Altrincham
Bishop's Stortford
Boston United
Brackley Town - champions, Southern League
Bradford Park Avenue - playoff winners, Northern League
Chester - champions, Northern League
Colwyn Bay
Corby Town
Droylsden
Gainsborough Trinity
Gloucester City
Guiseley
Halifax Town
Harrogate Town
Hinckley United - spared relegation due to Darlington four-level drop
Histon
Oxford City - playoff winners, Southern League
Solihull Moors
Stalybridge Celtic
Vauxhall Motors
Worcester City
Workington

SOUTH

AFC Hornchurch - playoff winners, Isthmian League
Basingstoke Town
Bath City - relegated from Conference Premier
Billericay Town - champions, Isthmian League
Boreham Wood
Bromley
Chelmsford City
Dorchester Town
Dover Athletic
Eastbourne Borough
Eastleigh
Farnborough
Havant & Waterlooville
Hayes & Yeading United - relegated from Conference Premier
Maidenhead United
Salisbury City
Staines Town
Sutton United
Tonbridge Angels
Truro City
Welling United
Weston-super-Mare

As for the feeders, here's who went where:

Northern Premier League - Blyth Spartans, Eastwood

Northern Football League - Darlington (Northern Div One, as a result Frickley Athletic was spared relegation in the Northern Premier League Premier Division, and a few flip-flops between the Division One North and South groups. Pretty big drop, but four divisions relegated is better than completely nonexistent!)

Isthmian League - Hampton & Richmond, Thurrock.

Southern League - Kettering Town (since Hinckley and Maidenhead were spared relegation because of Kettering's resignation and Darlington's crash, they did not go down to the Southern League. Therefore, Hemel Hempstead was spared relegation.) Kettering will start the 2012-13 campaign with a ten point penalty for financial irregularities.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:01:42 AM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2012, 10:19:34 PM »
I suppose it's about time to kick this sucker off again. :up:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Out of the 24 teams, Cardiff (28) has had the strongest start in 13 matches, although there are 9 teams that have taken at least 20 from a possible 39, and nobody has lost fewer than two matches. Next in line are Leicester, Middlesbrough (both 25), surprising Crystal Palace (24), yo-yo hopefuls Blackburn (also 23) who have lost fewer matches than anyone, Hull (22) wrapping up the playoff-plus contingent, Nottingham Forest, Wolverhampton (both 21), and Huddersfield (20), who are surprising me as well being how they only got to the Champs by way of playoff, and the auto-promos are down in the nether area of the table :lol:

There are more than enough disappointments to go around this season. First off, what in the bluest of blue hells happened to Ipswich? They finished last season mid-table, 21 points clear of elimination. This season they're sucking up a storm, in the toilet with 7 points - 7 FLIPPING POINTS!! Bristol (11) and Peterborough (12) are kind of expected to suck because they did last season. But Sheffield Wednesday? (12) They finished ahead of Huddersfield last season, and here they are in the red zone while Hudds is within striking distance of the playoffs! Yes, I know it's still early, but the Dubya have got to pick things up! And so does Charlton (14)! They utterly obliterated League One last season, but they too are lagging well behind Huddersfield. Finally, there's Bolton (15). I thought better of them than lower-mid-table in the Championship. GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

Fortunately, there are 42 games in the season and we've only gone through 13. :P

LEAGUE ONE

Now how's this for surprising - of the four teams up from League Two last season only one is in the bottom quarter of the table, Shrewsbury (14). That said, Crewe (17) aren't doing much better, but Crawley (29) and Swindon (25) are both off to very solid starts. Sheffield United (31) are probably still seething after last year's last-second slip into the playoffs and subsequent loss to Huddersfield in the playoffs, but they appear to be channeling their aggression positively as they hold a joint lead with Tranmere (who finished 12th last season) and have yet to lose, with 8 wins and 7 draws. Stevenage (29), Notts County (25), and MK Dons (23), who all had strong finishes last season, are looking on about the same form early on. Also in the upper ranks are Doncaster (27, with a game in hand), bolstered by the addition of Iain Hume on loan from Preston North End, who are far and away the best-looking team that was relegated from the Championship last season. With North End themselves so close to the upper ranks you'd be surprised that they let Hume go since he's one of their better players. They, Yeovil, and Brentford all sit with 22 points, 3 shy of the playoff area.

This part of League One never surprises me - there are invariably at least two teams that really suck it up and usually only one team that keeps close to the safety area in the red. This is the case this year, where three teams - Hartlepool ( 8) , Bury (9), and Sc*nthorpe (10) are off to horrible starts, and Coventry (14) is disappointingly weak as well, being how last season they were the best-off of the three red-zoners. Pompey (18) survived folding by getting rid of all the players they had and aren't doing too bad for it, but they aren't anywhere close to Doncaster.

LEAGUE TWO

There's a nice mixed bag at the top of the table, of teams that did well last season in the Two but didn't get promoted (Cheltenham and Torquay), teams that are improving from last season (Gillingham, Port Vale, Bradford, and Rotherham) and even one team who got promoted from Conference. Yes, Fleetwood is a respectable fourth right now:

1. Gillingham - 35
2. Port Vale - 30
3. Cheltenham - 28
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4. Fleetwood Town - 26
5. Bradford City - 24, +6, 24 GF
6. Rotherham - 24, +6, 23 GF, game in hand
7. Torquay U - 24, +5
----------------------------------------------------------------
8. Burton Albion - 23, +3
9. Rochdale - 23, +2
10. York City - 22
11. Exeter City - 20, -3
12. Accrington Stanley - 20, -4, game in hand

I find it highly ironic that Rochdale and Exeter were the bottom two teams in League One last season and yet here they are ahead of Chesterfield (not by much, 18) and Wycombe (by miles, 12 :P ) who finished ahead of them, but still in the red. York is a noteworthy spotting in this part of the table as well, as they only finished fourth in the Conference Premier regular season yet they defeated Mansfield and Luton (not 2nd-place Wrexham, who crashed and burned against Luton) to make the League.

Now Wycombe (12, -10, 14 games played) could be worse off. Goal differential is keeping them out of the red for now and they have a game in hand as well. Both of these are at the expense of Aldershot (12, -13, 15 games played). Barnet (10), who barely survived last season to play in the Two again, is in the cellar early on. But they have this annoying habit of picking it up just enough to linger around for another season.  ;) We will see if it happens this season as well. Dag & Red (16), Bristol Rovers, and AFC Wimbledon (both 14) are also lagging.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

My how a season can change things! Newport County (33) are already only 14 points shy of their record from all of last season, where they missed relegation by just six points. Luton (32), on the other hand, are trying to build on last season's success, where they stunned second-place Wrexham in the first round of the playoffs only to lose a heartbreaker against York City. Speaking of Wrexham (29 +11), they aren't doing so poorly themselves, in a points draw for third with surprising Dartford (29, +9), who finished second in the regular season of Conference South last season only to cruise through the playoffs at the expense of Basingstoke and Welling.

It's funny that Grimsby and Forest Green finished with the same points last season, because that's exactly where they are now, too - only higher in the table! Both have taken 27 points from 16 games, and Grimsby is only ahead by goal differential - +11 to FG's +9. This is actually a mirror image of last season, when it was Forest Green up by two goals in goal diff. How about that?  :lol:

Macclesfield (24) is the better of the two relegated teams from the League last season but only by four points over Hereford (DEM COWS :P ) as both have done at least okay in the season's opening stretch, although Hereford has a slight losing record at the moment (5W 5D 6L). As for promoted teams, Dartford is the only one that is doing any good, with fellow South promotees Woking (22) nurturing a slight losing record (7-1-8) and both North newbies sucking up a storm. Seriously. The last two teams in the league table are Hyde (13, -8) and Nuneaton (13, -11). NORTHERN FAIL. :2funny: Joining them are Ebbsfleet (14) and Kidderminster (16), although both are starting to gain a shred of form. (So too is Hyde, mind you - and they have a game in hand :P )

With a whole range of teams within a win of Kidderminster catching them, though, I get the feeling the bottom half of the table is going to be interesting. That said, it is most seasons. ;)

16. Alfreton - 18, -6
17. Barrow - 18, -9
18. Cambridge U - 17, -2
19. Lincoln City - 17, -4, 22 GF
20. Braintree - 17, -4, 18 GF, game in hand
----------------------------
21. Kidderminster - 16

CONFERENCE NORTH

Remember when Chester City FC went under due to finances? Well they are back with a vengeance, as Chester FC. Fresh off being promoted from the Northern Premier League, here they sit atop the Conference North with 34 points, one clear of Guiseley (33), who finished second last season as well, only to lose to Nuneaton in the first round of the playoffs, and with a game in hand. Chester aren't the only feeder-league promos doing well in the North this season - Brackley (also 33) won the Southern League last season, Oxford City (25) won the Southern League playoffs, and just outside playoff range (by goal diff, no less), Bradford Park Avenue (22) won the Northern League playoffs! Besides Guiseley, the only other team in the top six of Conference North that didn't come straight outta feeders is Worcester City (also 22, ahead by goal diff), who are much improved from last season - not as much in their placing (5th vs. 7th last season) as in who they are currently ahead of:

Halifax - 3rd last season, 7th this season
Gainsborough Trinity - 4th last season, 8th this season
Stalybridge Celtic - 6th last season, 11th this season

With the wonky schedule in the lower level of Conference, though, this could change.

The lower level of Conference North is quite close for the most part, but there is one team that has been an utter steamin' stinkin' pile of grade-A monkey crap (cookie for someone who gets the reference), which is Hinckley. Three points.

THREE

!@#$ING

POINTS!

Boston (18) is probably blushing about the fact that they have given Hinckley their only points this season in an early 2-1 loss. But seriously, Hinckley, although they beat Tividale, a team three levels beneath them in the pyramid and not even first in their division, they let in 3 goals in the process. That's three too many. Someone stick a fork in them!  :2funny:

As for the rest of the bottom:

15. Solihull - 14
16. Gloucester - 13, -6
17. Colwyn Bay - 13, -7
18. Corby - 13, -9
19. Bishop's Stortford - 12, -5
--------------------------------
20. Histon - 12, -16
21. Droylsden - 11

I didn't include Harrogate (15) because they have three games in hand on Solihull and Gloucester and four on Kidderminster. See what I mean about cockeyed skeds? :P

CONFERENCE SOUTH

There is quite the stark contrast between the four feeder-promoted teams in the North this season and the two in the South. All four North teams are in playoff range. Billericay (17, +1) is .500 and mid-table, having won the Isthmian Premier title last season. Hornchurch (14, -8) is in the red by goal difference (behind Basingstoke who is only -6). At least Billericay is doing marginally better than Bath (17, even), who are coming down from Conference Premier.

With that out of the way, though, Hayes & Yeading (20) aren't doing too poorly considering their relegation. I'd tip them to make a push for a yo-yo back up to the Conference Prems for next season. (It's still early, mind you, but who knows? ;) )

The early leader is Salisbury City (32). They are not only improved from last season, but they are also ahead by a large margin early on. The early playoff contenders are all within a three-point span:

1. Salisbury - 32
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2. Chelmsford - 24
3. Boreham Wood - 22
4. Farnborough - 21 (+6)
5. Staines - 21 (-1)
-------------------------------
6. Hayes & Yeading - 20 (+3)
7. Eastleigh - 20 (-2)

This is just all the teams in the 20s in points thus far. Within a win of a playoff spot as well are Welling, Dover, Dorchester, (all 19) and Weston-Super-Mare (18). So it's close.

I should also point out, though, that the table is so close at this point that 17 points is within a win of being caught by Hornchurch, the top red-zoner, or Basingstoke, who are only out of the red on goal differential. Billericay and Bath both fall into this category. To compound the matter, Havant & Waterlooville (13) are only a point back of Hornchurch and Basingstoke, and they have a game in hand. The only team that is really lagging behind is Truro City (1), who went into administration for unpaid taxes and thus have a ten-point penalty. Tell you what. I plan on playing the Lotto Max in my last week here. If I win I will pay to have Truro City's debt (which is something like 100K quid) paid off. 230 or so thousand Canadian dollars is a drop in a fifty-million dollar bucket. :P But even if they come out of admin they'd still be last with 11 points. At least they can't blame it completely on form like Hinckley can! :lol:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:03:07 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2012, 08:13:05 PM »
Lots of things have happened since the last update, so it's UPDATE TIME :up:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Cardiff (37) is on top yet again, after momentarily surrendering the lead to Crystal Palace (36) who had a 5-game win streak and 14 (!) game unbeaten streak snapped by Leeds on Saturday. Leicester (33) seems to be gathering momentum as well, unbeaten in four and on a two-game win streak. Middlesbrough (32) and Hull (31) are looking strong as well, although their recent form has dipped a bit. They need to be wary of Millwall (29) who are on an 11-game unbeaten run and a 3-game win streak as well. Nottingham Forest (29), while not on the greatest form present, are still doing much better than last season when they spent the home stretch flirting with relegation. Numerous other teams are within three of the playoffs:

6. Millwall - 29, +6
---------------------------------------------
7. Nott Forest - 29, +5
8. Brighton & Hove - 28, +9
9. Blackburn - 28, +4
10. Huddersfield - 28, E
11. Watford - 27
12. Derby County - 26, +2
13. Burnley - 26, -1

On the other end, there seem to be five specific teams floating away in their state of suckage, although only three teams can drop in the end. Barnsley (16), Bristol City (15, -7), Sheffield Wednesday (15, -11), Ipswich (14), and Peterborough (13) are rounding up the rear of the table, with Birmingham City (20) trying to get its act together just in front. Now Bolton (22) hasn't lost in five, but they're on a four-game draw streak. They just can't seem to finish the job. Only Nottingham Forest has more draws.

LEAGUE ONE

The top is still very close, although Tranmere (39) has taken over sole possession of top spot. Actually,  there are only five points separating second from ninth:

1. Tranmere - 39
2. MK Dons - 36, +14
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
3. Doncaster - 36, +12 (GIH)
4. Sheff U - 36, +9
5. Brentford - 35
6. Notts County - 34, +12
-------------------------------------------
7. Stevenage - 34, E
8. Swindon - 32
9. Crawley - 31

A further four teams, Bournemouth (29), Preston, Yeovil, and Leyton Orient (all 28), are within two wins of a playoff spot.

At the other end, what the hell happened to Hartlepool (9)? Not like they were doing well before - they were still last, but at least they weren't alone! Actually, a better question would be, where the hell did the good form of Bury (19) and Sc*nthorpe (17) come from? Bury is on even terms with slumping Portsmouth (also 19) in the points thanks to three wins and a draw in the last five matches, while Sc*nthorpe has also put significant distance between themselves and Hartlepool. Shrewsbury (18) who were even in the points with Coventry last update, have gained four but still slipped into the red. But then you have Hartlepool, and also Portsmouth, on winless streaks, although both snapped losing streaks - Pompey lost seven in a row and Hartlepool five, before making draws. The difference? Hartlepool has only won once all season!

Now Walsall (22) is still in some danger, since they haven't won since September, completely bollocking up the momentum they had going at that time where they had won four out of five matches. They have strung together enough draws to keep them out of the red, but if they don't smarten up and get a win soon they might not be able to sustain that fact much longer. Colchester and Carlisle (both 23) helped their chances of survival with a win in their last five, but neither has sustained any real form recently. Oldham (also 23) on the other hand, is on a two game win streak with a game in hand on the rest of the league (save their Tuesday opponents, Doncaster).

Now in that match, Doncaster goes joint top in points with a win (although they'd have to win by nine to officially be first :P ) while Oldham vaults out of the immediate danger area if they do.

Finally, Coventry (24) fans ought to be happy with their team's recent form - they're out of the red and actually have a positive goal differential!  :lol:

LEAGUE TWO

Up top it has turned into the Gillingham (41) - Port Vale (39) show. Cheltenham (35) is stubbornly holding down third, and what follows is a four-point space spanning 4th to 13th place.

4. Southend - 32, +12
5. Bradford - 32, +8
6. Fleetwood - 31, +8
7. Rotherham - 31, +3 (GIH)
----------------------------------------------
8. Rochdale - 30, +2
9. Exeter - 30, E
10. Northampton - 29, +5
11. Burton, 29, E
12. Torquay, 28, 19 GP (GIH)
13. Chesterfield, 28, 20 GP

If you're wondering about my markup of Torquay and Chesterfield, here's why I've done it this way - they are practically identical in stats.

- Obviously, the same number of points (28)
- Same goal differential (+3)
- Same goals for (26)
- Same goals against (23)
- Same number of wins (7)

Of course if Torquay loses again, this will change. :P

At the other end, the revolving door continues. Barnet (15) has been up and down the table like clothes on a washboard, and their current accompaniment is Aldershot (17), but there is a group of six teams that is in immediate danger:

19. Wycombe - 19 (GIH)
20. Bristol Rovers - 18, 19 GP, -14 (GIH)
21. Plymouth - 18, 20 GP, -7
22. AFC Wimbledon - 18, 20 GP, -16
-----------------------------------------------------
23. Aldershot - 17
24. Barnet - 15

So it is going to be close no matter what.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Conference is close at both ends. The top six are all within the same three-point span:

1. Grimsby - 36, +18 (20 GP)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2. Wrexham - 36, +17
3. Newport County - 36, +14
4. Forest Green - 34
5. Dartford - 33, +10
------------------------------------------
6. Luton - 33, +5

The same number of points separates the top two red-zone spots from 16th:

16. Kidderminster - 23, +4
17. Woking - 23, -7 (20 GP)
18. Cambridge U - 21, -4
19. Ebbsfleet U - 21, -8
20. Southport - 21, -9
-------------------------------
21. Hyde - 20, -6
22. Braintree - 20, -13
23. Barrow - 19
24. Nuneaton - 17

There are a couple other teams who must've read my last update, though, because they've played like they had a rocket up their arse :P This is especially true of Lincoln (26), who have gone from teetering on the edge of the red zone to a positive goal diff, a five-game unbeaten streak (4W 1D), and in tenth place. Alfreton (24) had a less dramatic rise but are sitting smack in the middle of the table after a seven-point run that saw them move to a .500 record.

CONFERENCE NORTH

This is the part of the season that drives schedule-makers crazy in this section of the league structure, with all the postponements and all. But at this point in the season it appears to be a three-horse race between Chester (40), Brackley (39), and Guiseley (37), with fourth-place Bradford Park Avenue (28) sitting a whopping nine behind. But how's this for amazing? Three of the top four (the exception being Guiseley) and four of the top seven (Oxford City is seventh with 26 points and a +7 goal diff) were freshly promoted from the feeder leagues! The next-best non-promoted teams after Guiseley are Worcester (27) and Halifax Town (26, +19). Having only played 13 games while most of the teams ahead of them have played 16, Halifax could be dangerous if they find the right vein of form.

Someone needs to stick a fork in Hinckley (3). Seriously, they haven't gained a single point since my last update. Joining them in the red are Droylsden (11) and Histon (12) who aren't quite so far removed from safety, even though the two teams ahead of them have games in hand. Bishop's Stortford (also 12) has only played 13 games to Histon's 16, and Gloucester (13) has only played 14. So the potential is there for those two teams to pull further out of danger... if they can make the most of it!

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Pretty close here as well, although Salisbury (33) is pulling away up top and Truro (4) seems hopelessly crushed under an administration penalty.

Dover (28), Chelmsford (27), Boreham Wood (26) and Welling (25) currently hold the playoff spots, with Farnborough, Hayes & Yeading (both 24), Bath, Eastleigh (both 23), and Dorchester (22) being within a win.

It's pretty close down the bottom as well. Although Basingstoke (15) and Sutton (16) are currently in the red, if both win their next match and Bromley (also 16) takes advantage of their three games in hand, Havant & Waterlooville and Hornchurch (both 17) will go into the red, since both have played 17 games, B'stoke and Sutton have only played 16, and Bromley only 14. In any case, could go any which way. Maidenhead (18) is also in immediate danger.

An added bonus for anyone who cares :P

FEEDERS

Hemel Hempstead, who were spared relegation from the Southern Premier last season by the tumble taken by Darlington, are top in the league... for now. :P Still a lot better off than they were even though they have played more games than anyone else in the league!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:16:53 AM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2012, 08:00:39 AM »
Keeping up the Good work I see DC, are we due a end of year review soon.  :up:

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2012, 05:28:42 PM »
Indeed. I should be posting one later this afternoon (my time anyway; it'll be tonight/tomorrow morning by your clocks. :P )

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2012, 05:31:28 PM »
Good stuff, I'll look forward to it.
As I follow all the English leagues

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2012, 08:44:06 PM »
Update Time! Going into the new year:

CHAMPIONSHIP

Most clubs have played 25 matches, but four (Watford, Brighton & Hove, Blackburn, and Bristol City) have only played 24, undoubtedly due to postponements.

Cardiff (53) hold a reasonable lead now, five ahead of Hull City (48) and six ahead of resurgent Middlesbrough (47). Here I was thinking Crystal Palace (44) would be able to keep pace, but apparently not; they have only won once since the loss to Leeds United I mentioned last update, going 1-5-1 in their last seven matches. Leicester (41) has also slipped, having just snapped a four-game winless streak with a victory over Burnley (33). But they're still in playoff position.

One team that has had a solid run over the last six matches, though, is Watford (40), who have gleaned 13 points of a possible 18 since last update. If not for their recent postponement they could have made that 16 for 21 against Bristol City (22), but oh well, a 4-1-1 record in the last six is nothing to sneeze at, amirite?  :up:

The playoff race has loosened up a lot since last update; it seems that only Nottingham Forest and Millwall (both 37) were able to keep up their pace that well. A couple of the teams that were right up there slipped quite considerably. One should note that Blackburn (32) did have a match postponed against Brighton & Hove, so they at least have an excuse for some points ungained. But Huddersfield (also 32) has no such excuse. On the bright side, Leeds (35) has come out of nowhere (read: mid-table madness) to make a push for the playoffs. Brighton & Hove and Derby County (both 34) round out the "within six" contingent.

At the other end, things have gotten closer between those in immediate danger, but one particular club exploded out of the red and have gone from being worst early in the year to sitting eight points outside the red. Yes, I'm talking about Ipswich (30), who are 5-1-1 in their last seven matches, with their only loss coming against Leeds. They flew past Birmingham (29) who took 9 from 21 - not exactly great numbers but better than those poor saps behind them :P - to sit seven clear of danger, a whole point better off than they were before. Whee. :P

Sheffield Wednesday (25) is in more immediate danger, only three points out of danger and four ahead of last place:

21. Sheff W - 25
------------------------------------
22. Bristol City - 22 (GAME IN HAND)
23. Peterborough United - 22
24. Barnsley - 21

The scary thing for Sheff-Dubya is, if Bristol City somehow won its postponed match against Watford, they'd be in the red on goal differential - Bristol City is -11 while Sheff W is -12.

LEAGUE ONE

Scheduling's a bit more cockeyed in League One due to more postponements. But in spite of this, things are really tight up top - two auto-promo spots and four teams within two points fighting for them!

1. Tranmere (25 GP) - 47
2. Sheff U (25 GP) - 46, +15
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
3. Doncaster (24 GP) - 46, +14
4. Brentford (24 GP) - 45

Now Brentford is on a solid run of form in league play, going eleven League One matches without losing (8W 3D), and just recently had a 4-game win streak snapped by a scoreless draw at Shrewsbury. You know who else is on scorching form of late? Bournemouth (41). They haven't lost a League One match since early October, going 10-3-0 in that stretch and hoisting themselves from 10th to 5th in the space of a month. They're on their second four-game win streak within this unbeaten streak, too - this one might actually continue! Good for them.

Swindon (39, +19) holds down the final playoff spot by goal differential over MK Dons (39, +11), who did the reverse of Bournemouth and fell five places in the rankings, from 2nd to 7th after losing three of their last four since last update. Yeah, they done derped hard! :lol: But they are still within easy reach of the playoffs should they decide to turn things around. Problem is, they have all those other clubs to deal with:

6. Swindon - 39, +19
-------------------------------------
7. MK Dons - 39, +11
8. Crawley - 38
9. Coventry - 37, +11
10. Stevenage - 37, -1
11. Notts County - 36, +11
12. Yeovil - 36, E, 38 GF
13. Crewe - 36, E, 31 GF

Uhh... yeah, that's pretty tight stuff there. With some disproportionate gaps between teams in goal differential, a win could send a high differential team soaring and a loss could send a low differential team plummeting.

The other end is close as well. The red zone plus the "within six" lot equal seven teams total:

18. Oldham - 26 (and are on a 4-game losing streak)
19. Shrewsbury - 25 (five games unbeaten; four of them are draws :P FINISH THE JOB!)
20. Colchester - 23
----------------------------------------------
21. Pompey - 21 (-8)
22. Bury - 21 (-14)
23. Sc*nthorpe - 20
24. Hartlepool - 12

Now how's this for embarrassing? Sheffield United could be top now except they somehow managed to lose against the league's worst team, giving said team their first win since September the flipping 1st:2funny: That's right, Hartlepool actually won a match, against the second-best team in the league, who could have been the best, period. DERP. That said, Hartlepool hasn't even had the worst form of late. That title belongs to Colchester United. They've lost nine of their last ten and six in a row. Although Hartlepool's streak is longer, in the last six matches Hartlepool has gleaned exactly one more point than Colcs. I wonder what's gonna happen when these two meet. Probably the Derby of SUCKAGE. With form like that, they should be in the red in no time given that Portsmouth and Sc*nthorpe both have games in hand on them. However, Bury has only gleaned three points, and they haven't won, in their last seven games.

LEAGUE TWO

Even more mangled scheduling :P

Port Vale (46) and Gillingham (45) are neck and neck atop the league with Cheltenham (42) not too far behind. While trying to keep pace with the front two, Cheltenham are also trying to beat back Southend and Rotherham (both 40), and to a lesser extent Bradford and Burton (both 39). Ever-surprising Fleetwood (37) are within three points of fourth place as well, so they're still very much in it, and they have an outside shot of winning the whole shebang. Chesterfield, Rochdale (both 36), Exeter City (35), and one could even argue, Northampton and Torquay (both 33), are within striking distance of the playoffs. (Those last two have only played 23 matches while some ahead of them have played 25 and most have played at least 24.)

The other end is tough to call. The two teams in the red, Bristol Rovers and AFC Wimbledon (both 19) have only played 23 matches, while the first team out of the red, Aldershot (22) has played 24, and Accrington Stanley (27), Plymouth (24), and Barnet (23) have all played 25. These latter three are at a marked disadvantage because they have played more games than anyone else in the lower half of the table.

After a rough start, Wycombe (29) seem to be getting their acts together. They've gone from being two points clear of the danger area to ten, having won five of their last eight (5-1-2). They aren't out of danger completely just yet but they're out of more immediate danger. A slip by Morecambe (28) has also put another club between them and the red zone. So who knows?

In any case, I'm expecting the revolving door to continue. :P

CONFERENCE PREMIER

More screwball scheduling. Numbers of games played vary from 25 (Dartford and Tamworth) to 21 (Mansfield and Hereford). So who's going to end up where is anyone's guess.

That said, going purely by points, the top rung of Conference is close. Grimsby (46) holds a narrow lead on Newport County (45) and Wrexham (43) - wouldn't it be something if both Welsh clubs got into the League for next season? :P Luton's (39) games in hand, and Kidderminster's (38, +13) red-hot form (7-game Conference win streak and 9-game Conference unbeaten streak) are also factors that cannot be overlooked. Forest Green (38, +11) is a bit more of an outside shot due to a dip in form but they are by no means out of the hunt, and Dartford (37) is doing quite good as well. While I wouldn't count Cambridge or Hyde (both 32) as immediate playoff threats, I'd keep my eyes on Mansfield (also 32) because of the fact they've only played 21 matches and only Luton has played fewer than 23 out of the teams ahead of them. Hereford (DEM COWS, also 29 :P ) are more of an outside shot in the same vein as Cambridge U or Hyde, but their games in hand could come in quite handy (pun not intended) later in the season, especially if they find good form.

If they find bad form, though, they could find themselves in a bad place in a real hurry. I would go so far as to say perhaps the entire bottom half of the table is in immediate danger (games played in parentheses):

13. (23) Lincoln - 30
14. (21) Hereford (DEM COWS) - 29, -2
15. (22) Alfreton - 29, -8
16. (24) Woking - 29, -13
17. (25) Tamworth - 28
18. (23) Southport - 27
19. (23) Telford - 26, -1
20. (22) Braintree - 26, -12
-------------------------------------------------------
21. (23) Stockport - 25
22. (24) Nuneaton - 24
23. (23) Ebbsfleet - 22
24. (22) Barrow - 20

Inversely, I can also say that no red-zoner is completely doomed just yet. Even last-place Barrow is a few wins and/or a few strategic derps from other clubs away from safety. Even Barrow can get off of bottom by making up a game in hand. Should be fun to watch in the latter half of the season.

CONFERENCE NORTH

There is seldom a league this time of year that can compare in screwiness of schedules to the Conference North. But at this point it seems obvious that Chester is the team to beat. Not only have they only lost once, 3-2 to Boston back in September, but they have only missed winning twice. Yes, they've only dropped five points all season - 61 points from a possible 66, putting them a massive 15 points ahead of second-place Guiseley (46). Guiseley and Brackley (40) seem to be in their own little niche as well, although Halifax (32) has only played fifteen matches (four fewer than both and seven fewer than Chester), so this could change once the postponements are made up. Gainsborough Trinity (also 32) rounds out the playoffs, with a run of clubs within two wins of the playoffs:

4. Halifax - 32, +22
5. Gainsborough T. - 32, +12
-----------------------------------------------
6. Bradford Park Avenue - 31
7. Worcester City - 30
8. Boston U - 29
9. Oxford City - 28, +5
10. Stalybridge - 28, -5
11. Altrincham - 27, +12
12. Workington - 27, -6
13. Solihull, 25
14. Harrogate, 24

Now I don't really think Solihull is a contender, but Harrogate has games in hand, and a winning record. With a +11 differential they are the only team in the lower half of the table with a positive goal differential. They could do something.

Now at the other end, Hinckley lost all three of their points this season, getting dinged for failing to pay creditors. So they now have zero points. Nothing. Zip, zilch, nada, nolla, JACK FLIPPIN' SQUAT! To make matters worse, they aren't even halfway through the season yet and they have a goal diff of -59. I think it's enough to say they they are pretty much boned.

This leaves Histon (12) and Droylsden (15) still able to claw back up into safety, but the issue here is that Bishop's Stortford (18) has two games in hand on the former and three on the latter. Colwyn Bay (20) and Corby Town (21) are also in a bit of danger, but they too have played fewer matches than the red-zoners that can actually do something without a miracle.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Conference South is closer at both ends of the table. There are three teams running away from the rest of the league up top but are neck-and-neck with each other - these are Salisbury (42), Welling (40, +21), and Dover (40, +17). The dropoff from 3rd to 4th is nine points, into another points cluster where four teams are fighting for two playoff spots:

4. Boreham Wood - 31
5. Farnborough - 30, +7
---------------------
6. Chelmsford - 30, +3
7. Weston-Super-Mare - 30, +1

That's right, three teams separated only by goal diff. Can't get much closer than that. Other outside shots for the playoffs at this point include Hornchurch (26), whose bid might be hampered by the fact that they've played more matches than anybody else in the league (apart from Staines who have played the same number), Maidenhead (25, +8), and Hayes & Yeading (25, -1). There's just one problem. 25 points is only three points out of the red. No baloney. So that means everyone from ninth down is in immediate danger. If anyone could break out of it, ironically enough, it's the team that is first in the red, Dorchester (22, -7). Why? Games in hand. LOTS of games in hand. Anywhere from three to seven depending on the team in question. If they were to win the four games in hand they had on every playoff contender (in some cases they have more!) they would be in fourth place just like that.

The only team lagging behind the pack a little is Basingstoke (18 ), who would be ahead of Truro (8 ) only on goal diff if not for that club's administration and ten-point penalty. And even Basingstoke is not out of hope. This season's home stretch is gonna be a real cracker, to steal a line from Andy Gray. (FIFA 64 :P )
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:00:29 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!