« on: December 07, 2013, 03:08:14 PM »

Sunderland
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 7th Dec - KO 17:30  - Ground: Stadium of Light

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Sunderland v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »

Team v Sunderland - Lloris; Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton; Dembele, Paulinho; Lennon, Holtby, Chadli; Defoe.

Subs - Friedel, Fryers, Lamela, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Soldado.

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »
What was Lloris doing!? :tickedoff: ???

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 06:14:35 PM »
Paulinho  :up:

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »
2-1! :P

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »
Points in the bag but the amount of AVB haters are growing which is crazy
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 02:12:51 AM »
Points in the bag but the amount of AVB haters are growing which is crazy

Might be because supporters are becoming increasingly annoyed because at his unwillingness to change the formation to 4-4-2, even yesterday you could see Defoe was becoming increasingly frustrated at the lack of service he was getting, he is an out and out striker, but he was having to come very deep in order to get the ball, which obviously frustrates the crap out of him, and who can blame him?

:nods: :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 02:23:00 AM »
        The TV commentator of the coverage that I was watching, who I think was David Pleat commented on the fact that AVB never seems to play the same team in consecutive games, for some reason, he likes to constantly change the side, so it is little wonder that there is no consistency to the style that we play.

:o :o :o

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 10:02:20 AM »
Valid points there Paul, I have said before I think AVB's unwillingness to have his game tactics could be his undoing.

Currently we have 1 more point than this point last season on games played but dam have we been lucky so far.

Yesterdays make shift defense did okay as we currently have 3 key defenders, arguably our best 3 injured.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 04:20:17 PM »
        The TV commentator of the coverage that I was watching, who I think was David Pleat commented on the fact that AVB never seems to play the same team in consecutive games, for some reason, he likes to constantly change the side, so it is little wonder that there is no consistency to the style that we play.

Mr Finch you are absolutely spot on the fact that AVB will not play a settled side wether it be 4-4-2 or 5-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 of any formation makes it almost impossible for the players to build relationships and understandings. It also astounds me that he damn well refuses to play with any real width especially when you have Lennon and Townsend both available, he seems to get everybody tucked in and playing across the middle !!!
At long last he seems to be giving Defoe a run but as you have pointed out he has totally missed the point that a striker needs some kind of service to allow him to convert chances, so Defoe is now struggling as much as Soldado !!!

Those that touted AVB as a tactical genius and the man to take us on to the next level must now realise that he is far from both !!!

:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »

I agree that we need to pick the same team. However, wasn't one of the problems injuries? The good news is that we are 3 points behind second place and 8 points behind 1st. If he change and we continue winning then what is the problem? I would rather have that than consistency and losing. But whatever way we look at it we must get 4th place.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 07:14:11 PM »

Those that touted AVB as a tactical genius and the man to take us on to the next level must now realise that he is far from both !!!

:(

The time to judge that would be at the end of the season. As I have said; the last couple of games we've won and in a healthy position.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 07:37:57 PM »
To be fair the Voice look at the opposition in the last 2 games, yes we won which was great but I wasnt convinced at all.  The Man U game showed promise but the last 2 we were dire great to have the spirit to come from behind but dam against decent opposition we are going to struggle.

Team consistency, match tactics all need addressing if we are to get anything other than huge disappointment out of this season.  I still have faith in AVB and am not calling for his head but he needs to show his worth and ability and right now he is very easy to predict.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 07:40:05 PM »
To be fair the Voice look at the opposition in the last 2 games, yes we won which was great but I wasnt convinced at all.  The Man U game showed promise but the last 2 we were dire great to have the spirit to come from behind but dam against decent opposition we are going to struggle.

Team consistency, match tactics all need addressing if we are to get anything other than huge disappointment out of this season.  I still have faith in AVB and am not calling for his head but he needs to show his worth and ability and right now he is very easy to predict.

I will say this; I always fear the lower clubs than the top clubs. They are the ones that throw up surprises. Anyway, our next game will be against Liverpool. So let us see what happens there.

There is a lot that AVB needs to sort out. Getting the ball up front is one of them.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 07:01:23 AM »

I will say this; I always fear the lower clubs than the top clubs. They are the ones that throw up surprises. Anyway, our next game will be against Liverpool. So let us see what happens there.

There is a lot that AVB needs to sort out. Getting the ball up front is one of them.

Voice, Getting the ball up front has been a problem all season, and IMO will be all the time AVB continues with 1-4-5-1, it takes a lot of courage to admit that the way we are playing isn't conducive to the players we have in our squad, AVB is allowing his pride to get in the way of commonsense, I think by changing the way we are playing would 1) Allow Soldado and Defoe/Ade to show there true goalscoring capabilities and 2) it would also prove that AVB isn't afraid to admit that maybe he is wrong and that would endear him to the Spurs faithful.
         As for next week the defence will really have to tighten up or Suarez will rip us apart, he is almost unstoppable at the moment, and that is a big worry for us. imo.
         There is no point in waiting until the end of the season to judge, that will be like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. AVB must finish in the Top 4 and Qualify for CL or there is every chance he will be shown the EXIT, we are struggling to score goals against Teams in the bottom half, so how on earth do we expect to score against the teams challenging for top 4 places?

:nope: :nope: :nope: