« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2007, 08:44:24 PM »
Sign Van Der Vaart and Sneider that would be awesome

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Summer Transfers
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2007, 09:54:05 AM »
Probable outs:
Mido, Danny Murphy, Jermain Defoe (should an acceptable bid come in), Wayne Routledge (can't see him getting a look in), Reto Ziegler (he's not going to click, is he?!)

Suitable ins:
Wesley Snijder, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Rafael van der Vaart (unlikely), Gareth Bale (unlikely), Dean Ashton (if fit), Michael Owen, Peter Crouch (unlikely), Joe Cole (unlikely), Yossi Benayoun

Unsuitable ins:
Craig Bellamy (would not get along with other players, especially Keane), Damien Duff (injury prone), Carlos Tevez (still has a point to prove), Nigel Reo-Cocker (can't see him giving us anything really)

Summer Transfers
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2007, 11:18:46 AM »
is there any rumours or sources for spurs being linked with saviola and sneijder,because i havent seen any,if true these would be quality signings,especially sneijder.

where to go for our signings?
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2007, 09:58:13 PM »
Firstly, how many players do people feel that we need to bring in? Personally, when every one is fit, I feel we have a strong squad in the position we are currently competing in i.e. not with the big four.
If we do need to bring players in, where are we going to get the quality that is required to move us forward?

Summer Transfers
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2007, 05:15:36 PM »
I hope defoe stays but i think he needs 1st team football.

i saw pazzini against teh under 21 and he does look awesome.

I have this feeling Downing will come to spurs for loads like

Summer maddness
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2007, 06:48:41 PM »
Hi all!

Rekon that we should buy Gareth Barry (LB/LW)

Offline JGT

If we could sign one of these...
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2007, 03:51:04 PM »
Who would you choose?  I would go for Bridge.  Not the best, but certainly a solid player, and good enough for a top 4 club.  Bale is overrated IMHO.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Summer Transfers
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2007, 05:33:42 PM »
Nah Bridge is only in football for the money. He's happy to sit on the bench at Chelski and collect his wages.

I would prefer Baines over them both.

Offline McCoy

Summer Transfers
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2007, 11:32:40 AM »
I would also go for Bridge hes solid at the back and has a decent cross on him. He would compliment an attacking left mid. However if you want versitility and goals Matt Taylor is the man, but to attacking players on the left could make the back vulnerable. (More than it is already). As for Baines he lacks experience at the higher levels.

Giles Barnes is quality in the Championship but if were looking for CL football in the coming seasons we need players who are gonna push out first team players. One for the future maybe.

Why do we need a world class striker we've got keane and Berbatov. If it aint broke dont try to fix it. Yes all the foreign players mentioned above are class but in the Premiership its different. Would the likes of Saviola and Tevez want to sit on our bench when Keane and Berb are in great form, it will be no different then Defoes situation.
I think that Nugent would be a great signing one which we can blood in to the first team slowly and wouldnt mind (as much) sitting on the bench for most of the first season.
Also cover for centre back is a must.
Before signing replacements for Jenas and Zokora we should see how well they play next season. Remember this is Zokoras first season palying with Jenas and in the Prem. This partnership has shown some promising glimses, especially in Europe

Summer Transfers
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2007, 07:57:12 PM »
Get Heskey in to replace Mido. All Heskey haters out there should take a look how he single handedly kept Wigan up at Sheffield Utd on the last day of the season, in fact everyone should take a look. His performance that day was phenomenal. He has been superb for Wigan all season and I strongly believe that he would be a good signing. Sure hes not as technical as Berba, or as fast as Defoe but he would give a physical side to the team that we could definatly do with. He would be a great squad player and give an extra bit of steel to our team. Please, anyone who does not rate Heskey, watch the highlights of the Shef UTD vs Wigan game because im sure you will see the true Heskey.

Offline ct5845

Summer Transfers
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2007, 08:37:36 PM »
Quote from: Daniisco;6141
Nah Bridge is only in football for the money. He's happy to sit on the bench at Chelski and collect his wages.

I would prefer Baines over them both.

I think he's equally as good as cole if not better, espicially this year, but it is worrying he seems to be happy as a sub (because of the money i'm sure!), as englands no.2 lb you'd expect he'd want more.

Summer Transfers
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2007, 01:06:02 AM »
Heskey? Nah, he may have been good against Wigan but he rarely plays that strong and isn't strong enough in front of goal. There are better players.