SpursNetwork

Can Spurs still finish third?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Can Spurs still finish third?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 08:05:41 AM »
If we can play as we did in 2nd half, and Kaboul / BAE can stop wandering in games, and at least one of our strikers can hit form, then 4th should be safe.
However, 3rd would need some sort of collapse from Ars*nal which dosen't look likely.
Also, I thought Chelsea were quite poor at times, though would take Terry/Cahill/Cole tomorrow.

Cahill yes ........ Terry and Cole that's pushing it a bit too far

:o

Still feel the same about Cahill / Terry / Cole after last night ? For me they were awsome, against the best team in the World. I dread to think how King, Gallas and BAE would have done !!!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »
If we can play as we did in 2nd half, and Kaboul / BAE can stop wandering in games, and at least one of our strikers can hit form, then 4th should be safe.
However, 3rd would need some sort of collapse from Ars*nal which dosen't look likely.
Also, I thought Chelsea were quite poor at times, though would take Terry/Cahill/Cole tomorrow.

Cahill yes ........ Terry and Cole that's pushing it a bit too far

Still feel the same about Cahill / Terry / Cole after last night ? For me they were awsome, against the best team in the World. I dread to think how King, Gallas and BAE would have done !!!
That's the thing with footballers, supporters of rival clubs tend not to appreciate their skills. Terry and Cole are great footballers, probably on of the best of their generations. I'm certainly not fan of them as persons, though. To be honest, I consider footballers generally to to be utterly stupid and/or unpleasant.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »
Lets not rule this out. Chelski are on some sort of form and could well smash le Arse on saturday. That would mean le Arse being 5 ahead having played 2 games more. They also have the small matter of any away trip to Stoke next week. If our players get a kick up the arse and we start winning again then 3rd could easily be within our grasp!
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline RSS61

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 07:32:13 AM »
Lets not rule this out. Chelski are on some sort of form and could well smash le Arse on saturday. That would mean le Arse being 5 ahead having played 2 games more. They also have the small matter of any away trip to Stoke next week. If our players get a kick up the arse and we start winning again then 3rd could easily be within our grasp!

Maximum points from our last 5 and its definitely still on. QPR will set the tone I guess, as its arguably the most dificult of the lot.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2012, 09:56:23 AM »
I can see it going one of two ways. Either we smash them and win our remaining games, and get 3rd  :dance: Orrrrrrr  lose and make a complete mess of our remaining fixtures and finish 6th  :'(
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »

Maximum points from our last 5 and its definitely still on. QPR will set the tone I guess, as its arguably the most dificult of the lot.

The problem is that all the teams that we have play are still fighting relagation etc .... no easy game and I don't think we have the stomach for the fight !!!!!

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2012, 02:06:24 PM »
Do I laugh or cry after the QPR result??? bottom line is third place is now gone, 4th looking very unlikely with 6th looking the best bet now for your money.

Arry has lost the dressing room, players know he has eyes firmly on England job! our results suck since the England senario started!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 03:19:10 PM »
Do I laugh or cry after the QPR result??? bottom line is third place is now gone, 4th looking very unlikely with 6th looking the best bet now for your money.

Arry has lost the dressing room, players know he has eyes firmly on England job! our results suck since the England senario started!

Exactly

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RSS61

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »

Exactly

Can only agree. This season looks finished. Anyway, as one comentator at QPR pointed out, Spurs would be an embarrassment if they did make the CL

>:(

Offline loken

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 11:32:57 AM »
Blaming Harry for everything is not fair.The  players has been paid (very well) by the club. And doesn't matter who is the manager they should do their work properly. And they don't. Because Redknapp is going to take job for England? Sorry guys. I don't buy it. We're talking about grown up professionals, not kids. And when I see smiles on players faces loosing another game, I eat my teeth.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2012, 02:51:22 PM »
Blaming Harry for everything is not fair.The  players has been paid (very well) by the club. And doesn't matter who is the manager they should do their work properly. And they don't. Because Redknapp is going to take job for England? Sorry guys. I don't buy it. We're talking about grown up professionals, not kids. And when I see smiles on players faces loosing another game, I eat my teeth.
Agreed. The players are not puppets or chess pieces and manager is not a bloody wizard. Players must get on with their jobs even when there is no manager, they are paid (and handsomely) for it. Some of us might not like our bosses - so, does this give an excuse to slack off? I don't think so.

The reason why ManU hardly ever slips up is that they are used to winning. We are not, let's face it. Our recent form doesn't do any favours - players are nervous and vultures are not making the whole situation better.

All in all, Redknapp is still our manager, not England's. The last time I checked Modrić, van der Vaart, Bale, Walker et al were still Spurs' players. We still have some games to play, so the season is not over yet. At the moment I don't think what will happen in summer. Hell, WWIII could break out and there wouldn't be Premier League to speak of... end of the world, whatever.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2012, 06:38:02 PM »
Agreed. The players are not puppets or chess pieces and manager is not a bloody wizard. Players must get on with their jobs even when there is no manager, they are paid (and handsomely) for it. Some of us might not like our bosses - so, does this give an excuse to slack off? I don't think so.

The reason why ManU hardly ever slips up is that they are used to winning. We are not, let's face it. Our recent form doesn't do any favours - players are nervous and vultures are not making the whole situation better.

All in all, Redknapp is still our manager, not England's. The last time I checked Modrić, van der Vaart, Bale, Walker et al were still Spurs' players. We still have some games to play, so the season is not over yet. At the moment I don't think what will happen in summer. Hell, WWIII could break out and there wouldn't be Premier League to speak of... end of the world, whatever.

Arry is still our manager but you are kidding yourself if you think he wouldnt drop us flat on the spot if the FA said tomorrow Arry take the role right now, as its now or never!  Hasnt his constant flirting and prompts directed at the FA really infuriated you??? I know they have me and many others he has no loyalty always looking out for himself and leaves clubs in a shyte state everytime he leaves! 

I recall Brian Clough doing a fair bit in the media ref the England job and lets face it he had actually won stuff with Nottingham Forest and transformed them, Arry achievements with us are only almost and its not like we are a skint club with no history or realistic ambition!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 08:22:11 AM »
Well, with Chelski in the CL final, if they do win it, 4th place will not be good enough for CL next season, so things really are starting to look bleak. Odds on another season of channel 5 Thursdays !!

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »
Well, with Chelski in the CL final, if they do win it, 4th place will not be good enough for CL next season, so things really are starting to look bleak. Odds on another season of channel 5 Thursdays !!
How's that? Wouldn't there be an extra place then?

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 12:40:32 PM »
How's that? Wouldn't there be an extra place then?
[/
 quote]
 unfortunately since 2005 when everton finished 4th and liverpool won the C L uefa made a rule that in future if  a countries team win the C L and finish outside the top 4 places in their own league the last qualifying team must give up their spot and drop down to the europa league so that said winners can defend their crown hence if chelsea win the team finishing 4th are out .