SpursNetwork

William Gallas - staying on?

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
William Gallas - staying on?
« on: March 25, 2011, 02:02:19 PM »
Just picked up a note on the web saying that Levy is in talks with Gallas to extend his stay beyond the end of the season. There was a lot of boo-hoo-ing when he joined in August beacuse of being an ex Chav and Gooner, but, quite frankly, without him we would have been in a terrible mess with all the injuries to our CB's. The guy certainly loves the game and puts his heart and soul into every match - that clearance off the line against Milan was priceless. He's not greedy either as his wages are less than at the other two unmentionables - but then he is older, but worth every penny! If we could everyone playing with the same passion, we will be challenging top spot  :dance:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: William Gallas - staying on?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 03:34:04 PM »
I for one was against him coming but I must admit he has done well in a Spurs shirt and deserves the new deal. Fair play to Gallas and 'Arry for ignoring the rest of us and getting the job done !!!!!

Wheres the humble pie  8D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 03:52:09 PM »
I was also one who was against signing Gallas and questioned why!  And to be fair in his first few games for us he was off the pace lacked match sharpness and looked well past his best.

Then a few decent performances crept in and most noteably when Kaboul got his red card then an injury Gallas has been top notch.

Happy to see him sign a new deal with us but I expect him to be used more as cover at CB when Daws and Kaboul are fully fit and maybe used more at RB too.

Gallas, has to date served us well and deserves an extended contract, fair play to the fella may his passion and commitment continue!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 04:15:15 PM »
I was always glad we signed him.  :up:

Hope he stays.

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 04:25:07 PM »
Phew!!! Thought I may be lynched for saying I was glad he will be staying lol! Glad I'm not alone.  :)

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 05:30:03 PM »
Charlatan!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:37:54 PM »
It was his weird behaviour and tantrums that put me off him, not really the fact he was a goony-chav.

But he has been a bot of a rock for us and i did admit right from the start that HR probably knew what he was doing.

Well played Harry, UGS save me some of that pie would you?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »
No Probs Millers, and to be fair I don't mind eating it all as I was fairly verciferious about not signing him due to him being an ex Gooner.

One thing that has sweetened it all the more apart from his excellent performances is the fact that the Wanderers got shot off him and have struggled at CB all Season.....perfect !!!!

:ohyeah:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »
Sign him up i say, Really has done well for us this season

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
I thought he was finished as a top defender when harry signed him.

But fair play to Gallas, he's been brilliant and deserves this new deal
COYS!

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 11:15:35 PM »
I had some reservations but thought HR has done this before with Sol (spit, curse blaspheme!) at Pompey and thought he would get more from him than most would expect. Happy for him to stay another season at least, but agree that he he may be more of a back up if others are fit. Saying that he will probably do the opposite and win player of the season  ;)
Maybe next year...

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 11:12:02 PM »
He's signed a 2 year extension. Good news.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »
I agree very good news. Probably swiftly to be followed with the news his injury is worse than expected and he will be out for 2 years injured.  :hide:

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 02:04:07 PM »
Tha would just about be the usual lol :D

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 03:17:05 PM »
When we were about to sing him, I hatde the guy. Now, I love him. He's been a great player for us and definatley one of the signings of the season. Great news.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson