SpursNetwork

Bale swap deal in January

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Bale swap deal in January
« on: September 06, 2010, 04:41:23 PM »
heard a very good bit of gossip from someone who is not ITK, but on this occasion the ripples emanating might just prove him right.... as part of the vdV deal RM enquired strongly about Bale and only agreed to the low valuation of 11m euros for vdV as part of a larger deal pending... heres the detail..

if Spurs go out of CL in group-stage then Bale will be swapped for Benzema, as Maureen is very keen to bolster the leftside and really rates Bale highly.... apparently a 25m euro bid was rejected on 28th August for Bale.... this set in train plan B for RM whereby they offered the sweetener of the vdV deal at THAT price...

if Spurs make it passe the group-stage then expect the deal to happen in the summer... Bale has already been brouht into the picture and is said to want to stay in Prem for another 2 seasons, but has been convinced to accept the deal seen as a win-win for both clubs.... RM may offer Marcelo, but Arry not wanting him apparently...

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Bale swap deal in January
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 05:38:12 PM »
Win-win for both clubs?

Benzema a player who has been hit and miss in the Spanish league...more miss than hit.

Bale the one who has been on fire in the Prem

not a win-win in my eyes

i think Bale has the right idea IMO, he could stay for another 2 or 3 years and move on  to a big club then if we haven't won anything major by then

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 05:45:40 PM »
in both cases of Bale and Benzema, its been a question of opportunity... where would Bale be now if BAE hadnt picked up that groin problem against West Ham last December ??..

nothings certain in Football, so maybe the deal will not occcur.... but the whole vdV deal was done so as to make a LM replacement easier to accomodate for Spurs... RM really want Bale apparently, and they see Spurs as now willing to deal using the bait of Benzema (who is still a proven quality player, tho with limited opportunities at a club like RM)...

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 06:04:08 PM »
I think we would be crazy to sell Bale so soon. Especially if he doesn't want to leave just yet.

Real Madrid have just brought Di Maria, so i don't think they are that desperate for a LM. A LB maybe, but i personally think bale is better on the LM.

I think, we could keep Bale and still get a striker who's on par with Benzema quality

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »
Bale is signed to a massive long term deal isnt here for a fair few years am i right? Losing Bale would be an absolutley shocking decision and i can only read this as rumour rubbish.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 07:07:59 PM »
Gareth Keown, you're an enigma - you can easily ruin my day with your demagogy or make me roll over the floor dying because of laughing at your rubbish.  :2funny:

Offline bigv

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »
I think this would be a wrong move for bale at his age. And ultimately the decision will rest with him so cant see it happening for a while yet. Hes still only a kid really. I could see him going to city or manu/chelsea before he moves abroad.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 12:12:31 PM »
wrong move ??

play for the world-s most famous club..... have only 2 difficult league games a season..... play regular CL and win it twice a decade..... mix with the European glitterati...... earn twice as much money as with Spurs...... experience a great lifestyle and new culture...... become fluent in the worlds 2nd language....... mix regularly with Spanish/European Royalty.....

tough choice.

Offline TheStig

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:37:05 PM »
"play for the world-s most famous club..... have only 2 difficult league games a season..... play regular CL and win it twice a decade..... mix with the European glitterati...... earn twice as much money as with Spurs...... experience a great lifestyle and new culture...... become fluent in the worlds 2nd language....... mix regularly with Spanish/European Royalty"

Aye theres the rub Gareth.......with the only potential negative being that past moves to the Bernabéu have ended badly. David Beckham & Micheal Owen saw their move turn out to be a bad one & cost them (in terms of achievement) if either player had persevered back home who knows how much higher they would have climbed the ladder.

I hope that the fear of falling foul to the same treatment will sway Bale into staying where the grass is green & hallowed rather than a shade or two greener. As a pose to getting his fingers 'bern't.

(marks out of ten for the 'bern't pun?) ^-^
Some say........my teeth glow in the dark, my earwax tastes like turkish delight, I have two sets of knees & I can swim the atlantic ocean ..................underwater!!!!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
Beckham played his due part as I recall in RM winning their last La Liga title... Owen was bought as backup for some Brazilian called Ron (who was rather good at the time) and played his role (as sub/backup) when he wasnt actually injured, and had a very impressive goals/-gametime ratio too...

good enough footballing success, which is to be added to their own personal growth/development as well-rounded multi-culturally savvy human beings who also earned rather alot of money too (kinda signif, if you happen to be professional in your status as a footballer)...

and aren't ALL moves away from a current club potentially a 'wrong move' as there are no guarantees of success in any walk of Life... maybe any/all footballers should just play for 1 club their entire career.... and dont dare cross any roads either...

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:20:59 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 03:52:35 PM »
Gareth you seem to take great pleasure out of seeing members of our squad leaving, and it seems the bigger and better the player the more pleasure you gain.

I can see the attraction and possibly understand the deal but how are we ever going to be the most famous club in the world if we keep letting our best players leave.

???
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 05:30:35 PM »
all players leave in the end... the trick is to make it work for you..

Benzema + vdV  >  vdV + Bale

simples.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 05:48:04 PM »
all players leave in the end... the trick is to make it work for you..

Benzema + vdV  >  vdV + Bale

simples.

Benzema or Bale > Bale = Simples

Benzema backward step in my opinion

:nope:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »
Ugsy.... dont bother yourself with the big picture, it really isnt your remit

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »
Ugsy.... dont bother yourself with the big picture, it really isnt your remit

Because people don't share your views it dosen't mean that they are wrong, the whole idea of this forum is to discuss the subject matter and offer views and opinions. That is the way forward to a good debate and interesting topic continually taking posts off subject and insulting people's intelligance shows just how shallow a person you really are. As sson as someone comes up with a more reasoned argument or better angle you simply go off on a tangent and use sarcasm to hide your ineptitude and general ignorance of the beautiful game.

Like I said

Benzema or Bale > Bale = Simples

Don't tell me I can't see the big picture, because as I said I can see the attraction and understand the deal, but sometimes the big picture isn't always right !!!
I have been a supporter and fan for nigh on forty years, seen players come and go, so don't tell me what is a good deal and what isn't !!!