SpursNetwork

Why does Robbo concedes so many long range shots?

Offline McCoy

« on: April 26, 2007, 05:28:56 PM »
Reasons:
Bad postioning
Lack of concentration
Jenas and Zokora stand off and let strikers take aim.
They are fluke shots

Any other suggestions?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:31:54 PM »
Reactions Wise He Is One Of The Best In The Prem

But On Agility He Is Not Very Good And Need To Loose A Few Pounds To Be Honest

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 05:37:29 PM »
Robbo is a quality keeper just hasn't had the best of seasons. Yeah he has conceded too much but look at some of the saves he has made as well!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:40:02 PM »
Quote from: Jude106;5684
Robbo is a quality keeper just hasn't had the best of seasons. Yeah he has conceded too much but look at some of the saves he has made as well!
them save he has made has always been from close range which are quialty

but i have never really seen robbo make a finger tip save from long range. i just think it is because he has got the agility. if he looses a bit of weight i think we will soon see robbo flying about and i think that would make him 10x a better keeper

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 06:12:21 PM »
Wenger decided against signing Robbo because he was overweight.

Berba's girl

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 06:53:06 PM »
I do agree with what you've said but surely if our defence did their job better, Robbo wouldn't have so many flying past him!  We have to close the opposition down quicker.

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 10:44:27 PM »
It might sound daft but I`ve even wondered if he might have some eyesight problem. Like you say he makes tremendous saves from close up, but at distance I get the impression he has trouble picking up the flight of the ball. Like the one at Wigan, it seemed his first step was to the right, when the ball was going to his left.

Offline Cyril

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 07:29:41 AM »
Quote from: n15spur;5722
It might sound daft but I`ve even wondered if he might have some eyesight problem. Like you say he makes tremendous saves from close up, but at distance I get the impression he has trouble picking up the flight of the ball. Like the one at Wigan, it seemed his first step was to the right, when the ball was going to his left.

I have been wondering the same.  I was getting fed up with players scoring the goal of their career against us every other week (Makalele, Campo, Gallas last year, etc etc) but I am wondering if other keepers might have got to some of them.  Maybe the word has gone round, and so everyone takes speculative shots against us now.

May not be a fair comparison, but Cech's save from Gerrard the other night was the sort that Robbo would probably not have made.  Having said that, I don't think many other keepers would have got to it either!

Robbo is great in some aspects, but the shots from distance, and not coming out to take pressure of the defence, are areas for improvement.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 11:26:34 AM »
I think its mainly to do with the defence, they don't put pressure on the shots coming in enough.

Robbo's close reactions are second to none.

Offline No1spursfan4lyf

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 11:49:20 AM »
it seems to me that alot of these goals are at a slight agle and hes always to far forwrd and the ball always beats him at his far post and just above him very bad positioning

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 11:53:03 AM »
But all keepers come off their line slightly makes the target smaller. When he gets beat though they normally are cracking goals. But he does need to work on his long shot stopping.

Offline No1spursfan4lyf

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 12:21:51 PM »
but it seems that alot of teams know exactly how to beat him and i know keepers stand slightly off their line but he just seems to be too far off it and too close to his near post thats y he gets beat at his far post

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 05:13:35 PM »
I have to say that i'm of the opinion that the long range goals are mostly freak efforts. I'm not sure anyone could have saved Campo's on day one. Now he has a reputation for it, everyone just tries their luck.