SpursNetwork

Why Have We Conceeded So Many Cheap Goals

« on: April 25, 2007, 12:18:52 AM »
why have we let in so many goals this season...it can't all be to do with injuries, can it?

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 05:54:03 PM »
I sat and thought about this for a good while and have no answer. We seem to be diabolical at defending set pieces, long range shots go flying in, we get caught on the break and lose concentration at corners. Robinson's confidence went after the Croatia incident. Our full backs are good going forward but not so great defensively. Dawson is starting to look knackered as we have no suitable cover. And the long term injury to King hasn't helped at all. Plus I get the feeling that the entire team is lacking in confidence when defending a lead. Apart from that we are doing great.

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 04:58:20 PM »
Basicly, theyv come from set pieces or long-shots... That's whats wrong...
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:07:57 PM »
Well, Robbo's form was terrible in start and mid-season ... He has not quite recovered yet, lamentably. He should improve next year, or we should give Cerny a chance. The fact that he is England's #1 does not make him untouchable on our goalline.

if you had no option but these two, what would do you choose?

1. Having him as England's #1 and suffer all next season due to his crappy mistakes ?
2. Give smbd else a chance while he struggles ?

These two options of course are not all. We are all hoping for him to recover and be the best as he was !! But hopes sometimes are misleading. And surely, a 1-month poor form next season following this one and he should be replaced on the goalline ...
----------------

Offline McCoy

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 06:40:24 PM »
I think the main reason isn’t Robbo but the ever changing defence; this is especially the case in the recent run of games. Changing the Keeper as well would make things worse. Lee, Esso and gardener are injured, King and Stalteri are unfit, Daws and Chimbonda are the only constants. Rocha has enthusiasm but is new to the pace of the premiership. For any defence stability is key.
Also I still think there is a lack of experience at the back. Rocha and esso first season. Chimbondas second in the Prem and Gardeners not up to standard. The exception: Lee and Stalteri played most of last season providing stability and King has been a huge loss this season.