Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Defoe For Man U
« on: April 27, 2007, 12:56:12 PM »
DEFOE FOR MANYOO
The Sun says that ManYoo have been put 'on red alert' by the news that Jermain Defoe 'is mulling over his Tottenham future'.

The England striker has become frustrated at his infrequent first-team opportunites and is considering a move out of White Hart Lane this summer.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a long-time admirer and the paper reckons that 'Fergie is in the market for a reliable finisher to partner Wayne Rooney next season and believes Defoe could fit the bill.

'Spurs would demand at least £10million but United could offer the likes of Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Kieran Richardson or Darren Fletcher in part-exchange.'

10m + Richardson wouldnt be bad

but i just don't want Defoe to go

Offline Rob

Defoe For Man U
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 01:03:39 PM »
if we are getting rid of richardson. Then I am all up for the deal :D
I used to think that being lazy was bad for me .......  So I gave up thinking

Defoe For Man U
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 02:46:53 PM »
This one seems to come round every season! It might have more basis in reality now though, as JD`s been unable to break into our first team and seems to have become a definite second choice behind Keano. I think he`s shown a good attitude, working hard to earn his place but maybe the time`s come for him to move on.
Don`t want any of MU`s cast offs though.

Defoe For Man U
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 02:58:55 PM »
If it's in the Sun it must be true:rolleyesj: :yucky_:
:spurs crest:

Defoe For Man U
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 03:49:53 PM »
Nooo I like Defoe, I'm glad this is only coming from The Sun! Wouldn't want any of thosem players in exchange especially not Wes Brown!

Defoe For Man U
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 04:58:42 PM »
Seems to me that MJ is in a tough situation bridging the gap between Spurs as a top half of table club and Spurs as a top 4 club. That's because we need a decent squad if we're to be top four, but keeping hold of really good players in squad positions, rather than first team starters, before we get there is proving really difficult. That's why we can't hang around too long in 6-8th - because good players likes Berbs will stick around for a season or two if they think we are really heading up the table into the top spots, but then will leave if they realise we aren't. Then we lose good players and start sliding down into mid table mediocrity again.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Defoe For Man U
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 05:23:38 PM »
I dont mind if Defoe goes I can understand him wanting to leave and if he goes to Man U it will keep them away from Berbatov. But I wouldn't want any of those players mentioned at the Lane. Take the money and invest it in players we really need not Man Uniteds cast offs.