SpursNetwork

Bye bye Bale?

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Bye bye Bale?
« on: December 14, 2012, 06:25:08 PM »
How would you feel if we sold Bale for £56 million?

Obviously we would rather a player of his quality stayed at the club and we added to this quality rather than diminish it. But are there any circumstances, in which you would be happy? Also, is 56 million a fair valuation?
Maybe next year...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
Re: Bye bye Bale?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »
Shame that bale should go but inevitable as we know. So, if anyone and by that I mean RM offers £56m for Bale, we should grab it with both hands as long as Levy allows the money to be spent on a good replacement, another defender and a striker.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »
I don't think he will go just yet.  He has only just signed a new contract. It also depends how Spurs perform on the field, but I think he will still be here at the end of the season.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »
This will come down to two things

First and most important of all is if our beloved Chairman gets an offer that is so high his eyes roll with pound signs, then Bale will be sold and the manager will get approximately half to spend the rest will go to the shareholders (now the board I believe) and towards the new ground !!!!
Secondly it will be a RVP situation as in will the club match Bale's ambition, if Bale see's the club selling other players and replacing them with players of lesser ability or worse still not replacing them at all he will start to engineer a move away by touting himself to Barca, Inter, Real etc etc etc and hope to tempt one of them into dipping their toe into the water and making an enquiry !!! (see first point)

In my own opinion I think a deal for Bale has already been done in principal by Levy to sell Bale to Real due to this sharing of knowledge bollox that they came up with during the Modric deal...... I think it's just a matter of time before we lose him but I expect him to stay to the end of this season and depending where we finish possibly to the end of next season when he will be 25 and at his maximum earning potential for both player and club !!!!!

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dimexi

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »
I don't think he will go just yet.  He has only just signed a new contract. It also depends how Spurs perform on the field, but I think he will still be here at the end of the season.

I do not think he will be sold in January either, I think this issue is about what happens at the end of the season.
Maybe next year...

Offline dimexi

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 11:45:21 AM »
This will come down to two things

First and most important of all is if our beloved Chairman gets an offer that is so high his eyes roll with pound signs, then Bale will be sold and the manager will get approximately half to spend the rest will go to the shareholders (now the board I believe) and towards the new ground !!!!

What on earth are you going on about here? What do you base this opinion on? Because from the figures I have looked at suggest that this is completely inaccurate and is more based on fabricated nonsense. (please see Harry Redknapp thread (http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php/topic,3022.0.html) for some actual research!

Secondly it will be a RVP situation as in will the club match Bale's ambition, if Bale see's the club selling other players and replacing them with players of lesser ability or worse still not replacing them at all he will start to engineer a move away by touting himself to Barca, Inter, Real etc etc etc and hope to tempt one of them into dipping their toe into the water and making an enquiry !!! (see first point)

If this is true and Bale actually believes that Spurs are unable to match his ambition (like Van persie et al at Ars*nal) then although we may not like this reality and wish it were different. Bale would have every right to want to achieve the highest accolades available, title and Champions league. A player of his quality deserves to be a part of that experience. I truly believe he is that good and would love to see him on the opposite flank to Ronaldo. (from a football fan's perpective if not from a spurs supporter's view). As long as he leaves in the right way, he will go with my blessing.

In my own opinion I think a deal for Bale has already been done in principal by Levy to sell Bale to Real due to this sharing of knowledge bollox that they came up with during the Modric deal...... I think it's just a matter of time before we lose him but I expect him to stay to the end of this season and depending where we finish possibly to the end of next season when he will be 25 and at his maximum earning potential for both player and club !!!!!

>:(

Your final point contradicts your first two comments. Either Bale will engineer a move away from spurs due to ambition and/or Levy will see the £££ signs and sell (to line his own pocket, cough cough splutter, bollocks!)

OR the deal has already been done. You cannot be correct on each of these points as they simply do not agree with each other. You are entitled to think what you want to think but maybe you should pick one angle and stick with it.  ;)
Maybe next year...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »
IMO, Bale will stay at least until the end of the season and depending on our buys in Jan and our success, may even stay for another season.

Looking at possible positions for him, should he move to RM:

Ronaldo holding the left spot and will not be moved for anyone. End of!
Could be switched to the right at the expense of Di Maria, but would anyone see that happen?  :nope:

So, let's see if our prodigious Welshman would even consider the move knowing he may become a bench warmer like his mate Luka.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 07:39:20 AM »
Without a doubt Real will come after him at some point, and if the price is right, we will have no choice but to sell, as with Modric. Somehow I dont see him going anywhere else in the prem, apart from maybe Man U.
However, he will have to consider carefully, does he want to go from automatic 1st choice to being rotated / substituted at Real.
Obviously his earning potential, coupled with quality of team mates at Real will be a huge draw.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 05:06:55 PM »
Without a doubt Real will come after him at some point, and if the price is right, we will have no choice but to sell, as with Modric. Somehow I dont see him going anywhere else in the prem, apart from maybe Man U.
However, he will have to consider carefully, does he want to go from automatic 1st choice to being rotated / substituted at Real.
Obviously his earning potential, coupled with quality of team mates at Real will be a huge draw.

Bale is different to Modric. He signed a new contract with the promise he could move on in the next season. Bale signed a new contact wanting to stay longer, but knew one day he would leave. I think that time will be a few years away though.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 09:33:40 AM »

Bale is different to Modric. He signed a new contract with the promise he could move on in the next season. Bale signed a new contact wanting to stay longer, but knew one day he would leave. I think that time will be a few years away though.

I certainly hope so !

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 06:34:17 PM »

I certainly hope so !

I just watch AVB speaking and he said there is no way he is going this January.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 11:08:20 PM »
    Well it won't happen then will it, if AVB said so, it has nothing to do with AVB, if Levy wants to sell him, he WILL be sold, end of.
    Personally I would like to see him stay at Spurs for the rest of his career, but I doubt that that will happen. I just hope it is later rather than sooner, much much later.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 05:49:38 PM »
    Well it won't happen then will it, if AVB said so, it has nothing to do with AVB, if Levy wants to sell him, he WILL be sold, end of.
    Personally I would like to see him stay at Spurs for the rest of his career, but I doubt that that will happen. I just hope it is later rather than sooner, much much later.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

He won't be sold in the January window.

Players are always being sold from all clubs; but the trick is to replace them with the right player.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 10:16:51 AM »
IMO, Bale will stay at least until the end of the season and depending on our buys in Jan and our success, may even stay for another season.

Looking at possible positions for him, should he move to RM:

Ronaldo holding the left spot and will not be moved for anyone. End of!
Could be switched to the right at the expense of Di Maria, but would anyone see that happen?
  :nope:

So, let's see if our prodigious Welshman would even consider the move knowing he may become a bench warmer like his mate Luka.

I see Ronaldo is looking to leave Real Madrid and there already a rumour that they want Bale to replace him!!

:o
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 01:50:10 PM »
Bale could stay for two years, even three, and still onluy just be entering the best years of his career. I have heard him saying, many times, that he is still learning his trade, etc., so I think he is aware of this. A lot depends on his attitude, and all he has ever said, when asked over and over and over about Spain, is that
at some stage
he would like to give it a go.

The whole debate is directed by the incessant mongering by the press, who just cannot stand the idea of a club not on their FAP list actually aspiring to challenge and having top rate players.

If we
must
sell him sooner rather than later, we paid less than a third of that for Modric and Dembélé - one player does not make a team, so if we add two or three exciting players we will be okay. This is not a one man team - we have a good squad and an exciting youth set-up.

p.s. I really don't think any deal was done
in principle
with Real. Levy was the one pushing for the agreement, as part of a global strategy, and Real were being accomodating as they were desperate to get the Modric deal completed. I don't quite know just what sort of patsy some of you think Dan levy is, but I really can't see him forcing a deal on Real, when he has them over the coals, the major component of which would be that they can have Bale, without any competition to push the price up, as soon as possible.

I also don't know who folk have been listening to believe that Modric signed a deal giving him extra pay for a year on the understanding that he
would be off the next year
when he still had four years to run on his original deal - what would have been in that for Levy?
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.