SpursNetwork

Howdy all

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Howdy all
« on: November 12, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »
Howdy all,

Sorry I haven’t been around a lot lately. I think I said the same last time, but with grandchildren and so much on lately times fly by. And that is not something you want to happen at my age. Anyway, to the topic of Spurs. I can’t remember my last post or what match it was on. But I thought I had to come on here and express my joy in how Spurs are doing, and about time. I first started watching Spurs play in the 40s. That means I saw their two league title wins and various trophy gains, personally. Magic times. But since then we’ve gone through many managers and highs and lows. But nothing near a league title. Now I am not suggesting that we will win one any day soon, trophies are different, but everything looks like it is falling into place. Spurs are tight in defence and at the same time scoring the goals. There are no great stars in the side, but a hard working machine working together.

Somebody said to me the other day that Kane is a modern day Greaves. Greaves was a great player, but a lazy one. He did little work as possible, just hung around the goal mouth and did what he needed to do. Kane runs around everywhere and works and trains hard. Greave hated training.

Even though our manager is Argentinian he is bringing on young British players. This is more than most British managers are doing currently. Whether we can sustain our work rate and continue up the ladder we will have to wait and see, but at this moment in time I am getting flashbacks of past Spurs memories. Now you may think that it is just a senile old man reminiscing past glories and mixing them up with today’s side, and you may be right, but then again maybe my dreams are tomorrow’s reality. But looking at all the pieces individually. That is a new stadium on the horizon, a good manager, a good team and an enthusiastic crowd chanting the team on, the whiff of success is floating above White Hart Lane nowadays. Tomorrow is another day, another discussion and another dream. Today we can lift our heads up and smile though.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Howdy all
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 02:39:37 PM »
Hi Don, enjoyed reading what you posted.

I am too young to have seen some of the Spurs great past players, but I have read about them and Spurs history. We have a great club and a great history.

Take care and another great result to the Spurs history list.

Jane x  :up:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 07:49:41 PM »
Howdy back to you Don. How does this season compare to the past seasons you witnessed? Can you see Spurs winning something this season?

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 01:22:57 PM »
Hello Don. :up: :up: :up: