SpursNetwork

The decline of Spurs!,Are we really going in the right direction?.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: The decline of Spurs!,Are we really going in the right direction?.
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 04:30:06 PM »
I was reading that Sherwood has warned his players that if they don't improve soon they might find themselves out next season. Let us hope this season is a blip and things improve next season. But to be fair we've been saying that every season.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 04:41:34 PM »
I was reading that Sherwood has warned his players that if they don't improve soon they might find themselves out next season. Let us hope this season is a blip and things improve next season. But to be fair we've been saying that every season.

Well I'd like to see the list !!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 07:38:47 PM »

Not the way to do it, I mean these players that are lacking motivation and under performing probably wouldnt care if they were out next season, lets face it we wont exactly be releasing them to be free agents!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 08:35:55 PM »

Not the way to do it, I mean these players that are lacking motivation and under performing probably wouldnt care if they were out next season, lets face it we wont exactly be releasing them to be free agents!

Sherwood has already criticised for making it public.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 07:58:04 AM »

Whilst in normal circumstances a manager should not say things like that ( ie the truth ) in public, I think in just this one case, he is fully justified. Something drastic needed to be done to wake our lot up after Chelsea. Whether it has the desired effect remains to be seen, tonight and on Sunday.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:59:42 AM by RSS61 »

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »
Sherwood has come out and said that Spurs players are playing for there futures!, thats great it needed to be said,...BUT I feel some of them are not bothered, they are just waiting for something better to come along then jump ship!.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »
Sherwood has come out and said that Spurs players are playing for there futures!, thats great it needed to be said,...BUT I feel some of them are not bothered, they are just waiting for something better to come along then jump ship!.

Well I will help push them. If we are to get anywhere then those kind of players need to be got shot of, and by the sound of it Tim might be the one to do just that.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 12:08:20 PM »

Whilst in normal circumstances a manager should not say things like that ( ie the truth ) in public, I think in just this one case, he is fully justified. Something drastic needed to be done to wake our lot up after Chelsea. Whether it has the desired effect remains to be seen, tonight and on Sunday.

Sadly I've got to agree with you. I was watching some Spurs matches (on DVD) with Modric and Bale) and they played brilliantly compared to what we've got now. There is no heart in it.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »
Lets face it, look at our midfield! Erriksen creative attacking player great, Dembelle hard holding midfield player but not up to scratch going forward and no pace!, Sandro holding midfield player!, Lennon  attacking winger THAT NEVER PLAYS DOWN THE WING JUST WONDERS INFIELD!!!, far to small gets knocked off the ball to easy!, Chadli, winger, not seen enough of him yet but still lacks enough pace for a really good winger!, Lamela..WHO? nowhere near as good as made out to be, shocking ball control!, Capouee ANOTHER HOLDING MIDFIELD PLAYER!!!, doubles up as a defender so that has some posetives!.
Siggursen attacking midfield player who is about average but lacks pace!, see the pattern emerging already ,...NO PACE IN OUR TEAM! NO REAL GOAL THREAT FROM MIDFIELD!!!!.theres no wonder we struggle this selection is not balanced to ever work, its not set up to play to there strengths, . we are nowhere near good enough.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline RSS61

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »
Lets face it, look at our midfield! Erriksen creative attacking player great, Dembelle hard holding midfield player but not up to scratch going forward and no pace!, Sandro holding midfield player!, Lennon  attacking winger THAT NEVER PLAYS DOWN THE WING JUST WONDERS INFIELD!!!, far to small gets knocked off the ball to easy!, Chadli, winger, not seen enough of him yet but still lacks enough pace for a really good winger!, Lamela..WHO? nowhere near as good as made out to be, shocking ball control!, Capouee ANOTHER HOLDING MIDFIELD PLAYER!!!, doubles up as a defender so that has some posetives!.
Siggursen attacking midfield player who is about average but lacks pace!, see the pattern emerging already ,...NO PACE IN OUR TEAM! NO REAL GOAL THREAT FROM MIDFIELD!!!!.theres no wonder we struggle this selection is not balanced to ever work, its not set up to play to there strengths, . we are nowhere near good enough.

Agreed Blackjack. Eriksen might just turn out to be the new Teddy Sheringham. As for the rest of them, Sandro excepted, they are just not good enough or quick enough. It pains me to say it, but even Ars*nals second string players have more pace, passing ability and holding ability than us. Good luck Sunday, we are gonna need it.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 04:36:16 PM »
Shall I start the Pray thread? together we might get enough bodies for the man upstairs to give us some devine inspiration :D :D :D :2funny: :dance: :dance: :dance: .
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 05:39:28 PM »
The Man Upstairs is Sherwood at the moment. He is the one who should be giving us the divine inspiration we badly need.

I wonder if his rant last Saturday will have any effect on the players tonight!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 06:14:19 PM »
The Man Upstairs is Sherwood at the moment. He is the one who should be giving us the divine inspiration we badly need.

I would be very very surprised if it has any effect, most dont care and are no doubt looking to their next move!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2014, 11:00:50 PM »

I would be very very surprised if it has any effect, most dont care and are no doubt looking to their next move!

Sad but probably true. Wait until we play the Arse on Sunday. The Gooners must be having a ball!

No pun intended

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 12:13:29 AM »
I think we will get well and truely put to the sword Sunday! I almost dont want to watch it! and Sherwood will resign after this game Im sure of it! he knows with the crop of shyte out there now there nothing he can do!, they just never learn!  tonights game was no different, we seem to start of brightly then fade as the game goes on!, watching Kaboul with his hands in the air several times asking the players to find some space for him to pass it to?, Nothing, were so static, so cramped, and dreadfull going forward now, no idea what to do from our defence out!, the team is a shambles at present, can not believe how much worse we have got!. when Benfica scored the first goal, not one player showed an ounce of emotion!, they all had there heads down!!!, it is heart breaking to watch this team play now, if thats what I should call it!, we dont really look like a team who could win any football match now!. where o where has our passion and desire to win gone?. :'( :'( :'( :'(
SPURS TILL I DIE