SpursNetwork

The decline of Spurs!,Are we really going in the right direction?.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
I have started this thread to get everyones thoughts on how they see we are going and what they feel has happened since last season and beyond?.
Il start, I believe the we are in decline :( , this happened when we got rid of Harry, under him we played fast flowing, attractive football, great to watch, had some fantastic players and I felt it was exciting times at Tottenham then!, we achieved champions league football for the first time and there was a really good feel factor to being a Spurs fan. :) With the likes of Bale, Vandervarrt, Modric we had players that could make a difference in important games!,, we got to the CL quater finals in our debut season another fantastic achievement!, we even finnished top 4 again with Harry but due to matters out of our control we never qualified for the CL, VERY VERY UNLUCKY on our part!, still something to be proud of!. BUT!!!! to our chairmen this was not good enough!, he saw fit to remove Harry and instate his own manager in an attempt to take us further forward! WRONG DECISION!!!, any way, we soon become aware of Bale will be sold at the end of the season! WRONG DECISION!!!, also by now we had already lost Modric & RVT,  in comes AVB with his new ideas!, all very well in that we recorded our highest league points tall in the PL  :up: , things are looking up..MAY BE!.
Come the summer and a new preseason  no Bale? injured, YEAH WHATEVER! :2funny: , suddenly Spurs have over 100m to spend ...hmmm where did that come from? why was Harry never given that kind of money? hmmm, in comes 7 new players! BLIMEY, we are actually going to make a charge this season GREAT :) :) :) , Bale then is sold as we all expected but never wanted to happen and we start look at these 7 new players! Soldado proven Valencia striker.. GREAT thats more like it!, Paulinho, brilliant now we got some grit in midfield!, Lamela WHO? up and coming youngster who is going to be the next Marradona!, ok well we will see about that!!!, Erikksen, well respected playmaker chased by Pool among others, Great that replaces Modric!, Chadli young winger. WHO?,Capouee, WHO? Holtby another young up coming talented midfielder, so we have this new selection of players and the new season starts with great anticipation :D , we get off to some winning results but it is clear to see we are way to defencive! , one up front and midfield players everywhere!, ok we think its just a bedding in time! but wait a min, should we really be altering so many players into a team that was already very good? NO.
The team continues and  they are getting worse by the game!, us fans are not content at this passive style of football, we have the lowest goals scored and we are now getting hammered by teams!, our lone striker is starved of service our manger has a personal disagreement with another striker and will not play him and throws him in the reserves!, our little fox in the box Defoe is benched and just cant get a game! the team is changed and changed and changed, never a same 11 twice!!!, things have taken a 180 degrees U TURN.
The manager is insisting things are fine, suggestions are made that the players brought in where bought for him by the chairman and director of football which the manger denies? REALLY! SERIOUSLY!! COUGH COUGH,
AVB still persist in playing this forein style of football, that just does not suit Spurs, plus we dont have the likes of Silva, Fabregas,Messi, who can play intrigute passing!, we have a team of players just cramping up in midfield and playing rebound of every back four in the PL!, our wingers have been given liscence to go where they want!, EVERY WHERE BUT WHERE THEY NEED TO BE...ON THE WING!!! :( , Our striker is playing the lone ranger doing nothing as he is getting nothing!, our midfield has no clue what to do as they can not move without running into a team mate!, when they dont have the ball they back off and look lost waiting for another team mate to do something!. our defence has no outlet to play the ball forward because the midfield is static and man marked and so they go deeper into there own half! all in all a team with no leadership on the pitch and of it.CHAOS :-[ :-[ :-[ .
AVB is removed!!! hal lay lou ya!!!,in comes Tim who is old school and goes back to basics, two up front and gets some orginisation back in the team and results pick up...  :) :) :) , but why have we had to go backwards? why dismantle a very good team in the first place? the team Tim has now is ok but not great!, some of the players brought in are not good enough and do not play in the positions we most need, we need another  winger/s with pace to take men on and get to the byline and whip balls into the striker!, we need players with much better ball control who can pass and move, we need a leader. a Roy Keane to get into the players and motivate them, but most of all we need to replace quality with quality!, under Harry he got RVT, we need to be getting the best to be the best!, if we keep buying seconds thirds then thats where we will stay :-[ .
Daniel Levy is accountable for this, he should have invested with Harry but know he wanted a yes man a puppet/ robot who he can control!, he might as well be the manager as he decides who plays and who dont and for this reason Spurs will never be great again :-[ :-[ :-[ .
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 04:37:18 PM by Blackjack »
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: The decline of Spurs!,Are we really going in the right direction?.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 02:10:16 PM »
        Blackjack,
         Congratulations on a very well thought out and excellent summation of the last two and a half seasons, in my opinion, you are 100% correct, it will be interesting to see who disagrees and argues against what you have posted.

:up: :up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »
Good thread, Blackjack. I am just not totally in agreement with you regarding Harry!

I will think about my answers on that.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »
I agree with your hypothesis. The next question is what do we do next? Another manager at the end of the season and we start all over again? Or do we continue with Sherwood?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 09:12:46 PM »
Today just highlighted exactly what ive said!, we are only good for one thing at present..giving up :-[ :-[ :-[ , if ever there was a reason we need a leader on the pitch its now!, we have the look of a relegated side as soon as things go tits up!,. In todays match we play a half of containment and try to counter but the second half one mistake and we give up!, there is no fight in our team, no grit, gut, desire to win when losing!, this is whats happens when you try to change things to quickly!, Tim said in the interview after the match how we were guttless and to soft with each other and are afraid to tell a friend what to do, that is spot on by the manager and it needs to be said! he even said were are nowhere near a top 4 team!,. Marinho even said Spurs are a good side with possesion but dont really hurt you!!! :-[ , spot on again, our team is in danger of becoming a bunch of fairies :( , some of you may disagree but it needs to be said!, our team at present are a shambles when it comes to playing better teams or facing a losing match!... they are mentaly wrong! physicaly wrong and even playing football wrong! they make school boy errors not once but many times in a single match, leadership has to be our up most priority now second by some sever back to basic training which I keep saying over and over!. I see the desire in Sherwood and I think he is on my wave length but I dont know whether the players believe in him or themelves!.  Something needs to be done and quickly, never have I seen our team get hammered so many times in one single season! I hope Mr LEVY you are reading this because you set the balls in motion, your big ego and stubbon mindedness has changed a good team going great into a great team going CRAP!!!,, there is a saying Mr Levy you should have thought about before you decided to ring the changes...IF ITS NOT BROKEN DONT FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Now Mr Levy you got us in this mess you bloody well get us out of it! GO BUY SOME REAL QUALITY PLAYERS before we become a team that couldnt even qualify for Europe let alone the champions league....REALLY REALLY GETTING ANNOYED NOW OUR TEAM ARE AN EMBARRESMENT!!, NEVER DID I THINK I WOULD SAY THAT ABOUT MY BELOVED SPURS. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 08:26:18 AM »
I cant wait for this season to end. We have been dire. Even when we win we look poor. There is no flair no real excitement and some, at times, comical defending. We can forget qualifying for The Champions League, at this rate we will be lucky to make The Europa again. Tim Sherwood seems like a decent guy but he wont be Manager next season that's a certainty. Whoever comes in will have his work cut out. A lot of players will be wanting out and very few of any quality will be keen to come. We are going to be looking at another season at least of what is becoming a permanent period of transition. Which is a contradiction in terms but we seem to have managed to do it. We have good players what we don't have is a good team and it would seem the team spirit isn't what it was. Somehow through all this we are 5th we should be delighted, a few years ago we would have been ecstatic to be so high up the table but I feel embarrassed and ashamed at times. Losing to the top teams is not unusual but the manner of the defeats has been a disgrace we have capitulated to often and yesterdays game was the final straw for me. I'm going to write this season off and hopefully come back with renewed enthusiasm in the summer.       

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »
Blackjack, a refreshing, well thought out and put together post which I hope will create some great debate  :up:.

This is how I see our transition over recent years and why our position now is a greater concern than the Ramos saga!

Jol started our drive towards top 4, got dumped on by Levy as Comolli had is ear and in came Ramos, with the same players won us the league cup straight away but then the following season had us routed to the foot of the table with i think 2 points from 8 games, playing dire, with no flair, passion or ability.  In comes Arry and with the same crop of players gets us to finish 8th that season, awesome.

Now starts the excitement and belief which amounts to a spurs team which both players and supporters feel can challenge and beat anyone. During this time a few players come in, ones which I would call world beaters on their day such and can turn a match such as Modric, VDV, Bale develops and other bargain buys adding to the talented crop we already have which have us pushing for and sitting in the top 4 regularly, they also get us in CL footi resulting in us getting into the quarter final on our first and only outing to date in the comp.

Arry goes, mainly for refusing to sign a new contract as Levy wanted to fend of England, Arry believes the media hype thinks he has the job, doesn't get it then comes back to Levy we know the rest!  Maybe if Levy had showed faith in Arry prior to the England speculation and given him funds to invest Arry may not have had his head turned and that season may have ended very differently, but that is just an opinion and impossible to second guess.

We are now in a very different position in my opinion to the Ramos saga, our team that was showing promise of greatness has been totally dismantled with 3/4 of it being now players that do not and so far can not play together, our flair and risk to the opposition has totally disappeared.  We also have a bunch of players now who are not Spurs players through and through, they want success and to be challenging for honors so I expect most if not all new arrivals to be wanting out at the end of the season, resulting in us starting from scratch and loosing a lot of money!  I also fear the likes of Walker, JVT and Lloris will be looking else where for their careers.

I think many of the transfers made was Levy sending a message out that we Spurs can spend big and buy players we want, if all were asked for by AVB then he was a moron but I really don't think that was the case as many that have come in were intended to be an "investment".

Our current position, a share of the blame lies in many areas, such as players, AVB, Baldini, Levy (again) and TS.  Levy is a great business man but he has to accept he has made countless errors over recent seasons which has culminated in our current position which I fear next season if it continues from the outset we will be in the wrong half of the table.

For me though Levy has to now shoulder most of the responsibility and blame, Baldini again hasn't worked out, Levys relationships with managers always go south, and managers are not afforded time or suitable support.

Where do we go from here, well TBH I dont want TS at the helm, not experienced enough for what we want to achieve, its apparent he can not motivate the players nor does he have the vision tactics wise and as such I also feel players don't respect what he has achieved as a player or manager, not much to look up to or listen to from their perspective!

Gaal would be a manager that has done the lot and may suit us and may convince some players to stay and get the best out of them, either way next season we will be starting all over again be it new manager and players, or new manager same players or same manager new players (this option is the worst case senario and we will be in the EPL foundations if this happens) for me with another season of transition and changes, aren't we a lucky lot.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 11:38:46 AM »
Some well thought out points from everyone. I feel that the common denominator in all of this is Levy. We have had god knows how many managers over the last 10-20 years. Surely they cannot all
be that bad ?
I agree the point made that Harry was unfortunately the author of his own downfall. He should have gone public and said thanks for all the speculation over the England job, but I have a job to do here at Tottenham. Levy is not a man to be turned down and then change his mind when it suited Harry to want it.
Without doubt, Harry had the experience to take a bunch of underperformers and make something of them.
After yesterdays debacle, Tim for me is too inexperienced to undertake such a difficult job.
So where does that leave us ?? For me, until Levy is removed, then our problems will go on and on. We have a group of players, who I have said on numerous occasions simply are not good enough. Tim's outburst yesterday, while not the sort of thing a manager should be saying in public, was right on the money. I feel he now realises that he has tried everything with this lot and none of it has worked.
Unfortunately for Tim, history tells us he will be sacked in the summer.
Whoever is manager then needs to try and keep the nucleous of our better players, such as Lloris JVT Kaboul Cherices Sandro Erikson Adebayor Paulinho and quite frankly thats about it. We meed 2
Full backs 2 wingers amd 2 strikers if we are to have any hope of turning things around.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 11:50:07 AM »
Its great to see so many other fellow supporters on a similar wave length to me!, we ofton think about it but I know myself that I dont always speak about it! we are always looking up at Ars*nal, Chelsea, MU  and we hate it but recently we started to get hope that we were reaching there standard and might just push on and have a go for the title :) . But there is no chance of that now, I would love to say its ok and we will turn it around but with our current squad I dont see where the inspiration is going to come from!.
There is no quick fix here!, even  with a new manager where or how does he do it? what little quality we do have as have been said already will probably go so short of a multi billionaire coming in like MC and buying everybody how do we get out of this mess?, who will want to come? probably players struggling in there team will use Spurs as a stepping stone to move on to better things!, we dont need anymore of that, the world beaters want CL football and we cant give them that!, honestly what carrot does spurs offer? sweat F.A! :-[ , . This team used to be great!, even a great cup side! now we are neither!, the currnt players should take a long long look at themselves and of the great players who have graced the great shirt before!, they should look upto them and use this as a spring board to motivate themselves to give that little extra! it only takes 1or 2 to show that desire and others will follow, unfortunatly in todays game its not about playing the game you love for the club you love its about indervidules only looking out for number 1 and this is why we fail.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 05:38:31 PM »
Its great to see so many other fellow supporters on a similar wave length to me!, we ofton think about it but I know myself that I dont always speak about it! we are always looking up at Ars*nal, Chelsea, MU  and we hate it but recently we started to get hope that we were reaching there standard and might just push on and have a go for the title :) . But there is no chance of that now, I would love to say its ok and we will turn it around but with our current squad I dont see where the inspiration is going to come from!.
There is no quick fix here!, even  with a new manager where or how does he do it? what little quality we do have as have been said already will probably go so short of a multi billionaire coming in like MC and buying everybody how do we get out of this mess?, who will want to come? probably players struggling in there team will use Spurs as a stepping stone to move on to better things!, we dont need anymore of that, the world beaters want CL football and we cant give them that!, honestly what carrot does spurs offer? sweat F.A! :-[ , . This team used to be great!, even a great cup side! now we are neither!, the currnt players should take a long long look at themselves and of the great players who have graced the great shirt before!, they should look upto them and use this as a spring board to motivate themselves to give that little extra! it only takes 1or 2 to show that desire and others will follow, unfortunatly in todays game its not about playing the game you love for the club you love its about indervidules only looking out for number 1 and this is why we fail.

Thats the thing with todays football players you say they should take a long hard look at themselves, I totally agree but so many just dont give a shyte.

They get their mega wage regardless of performance week in and week out, many know other teams would fall over themselves to have them it is a really difficult situation that we are in.

We need a head coach or manager to pull things together, motivate they players and turn them around so they believe their future is at THFC, and for Levy to either back fully and allow them time and funds to develop the squad and first team or step aside and let someone else have a crack.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 01:17:55 AM »
Well done Blackjack, glad you decided to start this thread and have put your points across really well too.

Actually everyone for once seems to be saying very similar points with slights variations of course, so well done everyone. I think the reality of what has happened has sunk in to even the hardiest of Harry haters. Not that we need to get into the Harry debate again, but the evidence for what has happened since is clear for everyone to see.

I felt that sacking Harry at the time was completely crazy, regardless of the England situation, where we were as a side was playing the best football I have seen in my lifetime, with a real belief and renewed passion in my club. At last it looked like we were going places. In fact it wasn't really the sacking that bothered me, so much, it was the way it was done that really gave me a foreboding vision of the future. It demonstrated a lack of respect and appreciation for the manager that really put us on the world map. It also disrespected the fans who did like him and would have wanted him to continue. However, even I let this go, (too easily in my opinion) but I did. I gave the benefit of the doubt and waited with anticipation for our next chapter. Maybe, just maybe, we were going to keep moving onward and upwards and the decision would be proven right.

Now if we had gotten a Mourinho or an Ancelotti, or a Guardiola or the like then it may have worked. If we had a top manager, and replaced modric and VDV, then Bale may have even stayed. But if he did not, then those managers would have brought in the kind of players we needed to move on without him.

I have been calling for Levy to step down for a while now and I think it will only be this action that will give us the chance to move on in the right direction. He is the central cause of all of our problems and needs to step aside, or seriously step back and let those that know, do.

I agree with Blackjack's analysis of the side. I would also throw into the mix the loss of Parker. Yes, he wasn't a big name, big money signing, but we seriously miss his grit, determination and leadership on the pitch. So I would add a CM to the list of players we need. Yes, it will mean losing one of our current bunch, but to build a team, you need team players.
Maybe next year...

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 07:41:01 AM »
Well done Blackjack, glad you decided to start this thread and have put your points across really well too.

Actually everyone for once seems to be saying very similar points with slights variations of course, so well done everyone. I think the reality of what has happened has sunk in to even the hardiest of Harry haters. Not that we need to get into the Harry debate again, but the evidence for what has happened since is clear for everyone to see.

I felt that sacking Harry at the time was completely crazy, regardless of the England situation, where we were as a side was playing the best football I have seen in my lifetime, with a real belief and renewed passion in my club. At last it looked like we were going places. In fact it wasn't really the sacking that bothered me, so much, it was the way it was done that really gave me a foreboding vision of the future. It demonstrated a lack of respect and appreciation for the manager that really put us on the world map. It also disrespected the fans who did like him and would have wanted him to continue. However, even I let this go, (too easily in my opinion) but I did. I gave the benefit of the doubt and waited with anticipation for our next chapter. Maybe, just maybe, we were going to keep moving onward and upwards and the decision would be proven right.

Now if we had gotten a Mourinho or an Ancelotti, or a Guardiola or the like then it may have worked. If we had a top manager, and replaced modric and VDV, then Bale may have even stayed. But if he did not, then those managers would have brought in the kind of players we needed to move on without him.

I have been calling for Levy to step down for a while now and I think it will only be this action that will give us the chance to move on in the right direction. He is the central cause of all of our problems and needs to step aside, or seriously step back and let those that know, do.

I agree with Blackjack's analysis of the side. I would also throw into the mix the loss of Parker. Yes, he wasn't a big name, big money signing, but we seriously miss his grit, determination and leadership on the pitch. So I would add a CM to the list of players we need. Yes, it will mean losing one of our current bunch, but to build a team, you need team players.

Personally I believe, like many others, that sacking Harry was a massive mistake, whether some of you like it or not, Spurs as a Club were really starting to go somewhere with Harry and his Coaching team at the Helm, I do not, like some, believe that he had taken us as far as he was capable of, had Levy have given him the funds, we would not be in the position that we now find ourselves, cast your minds back, Harry was never given the money to buy quality players, but the players he did buy were quality players, which he bought at bargain prices (VDV 8 Mil, Parker 5.5 Mil, Crouch 9 Mil, Kranjcar 2 Mil, Bassong 8 Mil, Defoe 15.75 Mil to name 6) everyone of them QUALITY PLAYERS bought for a total of 48 million pounds and I do not recall him complaining about it once, apart from when in Jan 2012 when he had to sign two players on free transfers because Levy wouldn't make available funds for him to strengthen the squad, imagine the type of players he would have signed given 100 million pounds to spend, the mind boggles, and I guarantee you this he would get the players now at Spurs playing as a Team, can you imagine Redknapp and Joe Jordan letting them get away with the 2nd half performance that they served up on Sat, because I can't.
       I was always against the appointment of AVB and I was vocal about it, people on here are saying that TS has no experience as a coach but at least he has played at the top level, and has a PL Championship medal to show for it, and more importantly he played for SPURS, AVB NEVER played the game, his experience as a Senior Coach was 1Yr, yes 1 year in Portugal, and 8 mths at Chelsea who fired him, then Levy appoints him at Spurs. What a F-----G JOKE. Quite frankly I do not give a flying F--K that he achieved our highest points tally in the PL last season it got us nothing, nada, zero, in doing it we played some of the most BORING, UNATTRACTIVE and NEGATIVE football I have ever seen SPURS play, and I have been watching Spurs for 60 years.
     Whether you like it or not under Redknapp we would be pushing for the Title instead of a Europa Cup place(which at present looks beyond our reach).

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :( :( :( :( :(

Offline RSS61

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 07:53:44 AM »

Personally I believe, like many others, that sacking Harry was a massive mistake, whether some of you like it or not, Spurs as a Club were really starting to go somewhere with Harry and his Coaching team at the Helm, I do not, like some, believe that he had taken us as far as he was capable of, had Levy have given him the funds, we would not be in the position that we now find ourselves, cast your minds back, Harry was never given the money to buy quality players, but the players he did buy were quality players, which he bought at bargain prices (VDV 8 Mil, Parker 5.5 Mil, Crouch 9 Mil, Kranjcar 2 Mil, Bassong 8 Mil, Defoe 15.75 Mil to name 6) everyone of them QUALITY PLAYERS bought for a total of 48 million pounds and I do not recall him complaining about it once, apart from when in Jan 2012 when he had to sign two players on free transfers because Levy wouldn't make available funds for him to strengthen the squad, imagine the type of players he would have signed given 100 million pounds to spend, the mind boggles, and I guarantee you this he would get the players now at Spurs playing as a Team, can you imagine Redknapp and Joe Jordan letting them get away with the 2nd half performance that they served up on Sat, because I can't.
       I was always against the appointment of AVB and I was vocal about it, people on here are saying that TS has no experience as a coach but at least he has played at the top level, and has a PL Championship medal to show for it, and more importantly he played for SPURS, AVB NEVER played the game, his experience as a Senior Coach was 1Yr, yes 1 year in Portugal, and 8 mths at Chelsea who fired him, then Levy appoints him at Spurs. What a F-----G JOKE. Quite frankly I do not give a flying F--K that he achieved our highest points tally in the PL last season it got us nothing, nada, zero, in doing it we played some of the most BORING, UNATTRACTIVE and NEGATIVE football I have ever seen SPURS play, and I have been watching Spurs for 60 years.
     Whether you like it or not under Redknapp we would be pushing for the Title instead of a Europa Cup place(which at present looks beyond our reach).

With regards to Redknapp, yes, albeit with hindsight, you are correct. However will we ever be told the truth about what went on during January 2012, with his court case, and the speculation over the England job, and the REAL reason why he was sacked ???
If Levy had any decency, then he owes it to us Spurs fans to be honest and tell us what went wrong then.
But he wont, and he should also be sacked.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 08:45:33 AM »
    RSS61,
             I couldn't agree more, not only do we need to know, I think as Spurs supporters we are entitled to know, unfortunately because we are not shareholders or dare I say it, putting copious amounts of money into the club, we will never know. I have said for the last 2 yrs, that LEVY should either take a step back and allow FOOTBALL people to make the FOOTBALL decisions or resign because clearly when it comes to FOOTBALL decisions he(LEVY) doesn't have a clue. >:( >:( >:(

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »

With regards to Redknapp, yes, albeit with hindsight, you are correct. However will we ever be told the truth about what went on during January 2012, with his court case, and the speculation over the England job, and the REAL reason why he was sacked ???
If Levy had any decency, then he owes it to us Spurs fans to be honest and tell us what went wrong then.
But he wont, and he should also be sacked.

But does any top club director tell us what is going on? And even if Levy got the sack would the new man be any more forthcoming? I doubt it. We could sack him and get somebody like the Vincent Tan. Then we would be praying for Levy to come back.

Remember; power and money means arrogance and not kowtowing to the minions; i.e. us. We have our place, paying for the tickets and loyally supporting our club. Beyond that; nothing. Sack Levy and you will get the same.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.