SpursNetwork

Remaining games for Liverpool

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Remaining games for Liverpool
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2014, 08:24:54 AM »
      Guys you are forgetting that we also have to play the ARSE---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods:

Albeit at Home, but still a dangerous game. :-\ :-\ :-\
:SN:[font

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2014, 08:26:17 AM »
Our record against top 4 sides in recent years had been pretty good with the exception of the two MC and one Liverpool game this season, so this is something in our favour, Our away record is one of the best in the league and believe it or not we actually have one of the best defences in, the league!, our main problem is, when were bad were really bad!, this is where not having a natural leader to pick us up and fight back!, if tim could some how get one of our regulars to start laying down the law and give us a good kick up the backside we could be even title contenders.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2014, 11:27:36 AM »
Our record against top 4 sides in recent years had been pretty good with the exception of the two MC and one Liverpool game this season, so this is something in our favour, Our away record is one of the best in the league and believe it or not we actually have one of the best defences in, the league!, our main problem is, when were bad were really bad!, this is where not having a natural leader to pick us up and fight back!, if tim could some how get one of our regulars to start laying down the law and give us a good kick up the backside we could be even title contenders.

Blackjack our away record is actually the best in the league to date!

If the league table was made up of only away games and after the 13 played so far we would currently be top on 29 points which is 3 points clear of the Goons in second with a +7 GD which is 1 higher than the Goons and 1 less than Chelsea and Man city who would be in 3rd and 4th place respectively.  Nice little stat that is! :up:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 12:52:17 PM »

If the league table was made up of only away games and after the 13 played so far we would currently be top on 29 points which is 3 points clear of the Goons in second with a +7 GD which is 1 higher than the Goons and 1 less than Chelsea and Man city who would be in 3rd and 4th place respectively.  Nice little stat that is! :up:

Yes its the home form thats the main problem. 0 points v WHU and Newcastle, 1 point v WBA = 8 points dropped = us top of the table !!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »

Yes its the home form thats the main problem. 0 points v WHU and Newcastle, 1 point v WBA = 8 points dropped = us top of the table !!

This season could be so very different right now!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 04:22:33 PM »
When I said that we can beat Liverpool at Anfield somebody asked me if I was “having a laugh,”; in other words pulling their privates or was I just an in-patient (or an out-patient) to a mental asylum? Possibilities, maybe… but let us look at the facts.
Last night’s match against Fulham (holding up the rest of the league at the bottom); and Liverpool 4th in the league. If it wasn’t for a penalty in the last minute Fulham would have held Liverpool to a draw.
Let us look at both records since Sherwood took over on the 22 December. Putting the 5-1 home defeat to one side for a moment (just a moment) Spurs have won 7, Drew 2 and lost 1. Liverpool have won 6, drew 2 and lost 2. Spurs have scored 21 goals and conceded 6 (not including the City game). Liverpool have scored 27 and conceded 14. Even if you add our defeat by City we have conceded 3 less; in other words we have a better defence than Liverpool. However we scored 6 goals less than Liverpool.
Now let is look at our defeat against City. Yes, City beat us 5-1. They got the first goal, the second was a wrongly given penalty (exonerated later as a mistake/ poor judgement on behalf of the referee). However, that didn’t stop Danny Rose being sent off. There is no doubt that City is a very good team. So when 10 men Spurs took on 11 men City we had no chance. If there was no sending off? We might have won, we might have drawn or we might have lost; all speculation. But I bet the result would have been totally different. I believe we could have got a draw.
My point is that we are not as bad as some make out; we DO have a chance against Liverpool at Anfield. Liverpool has a poorer defence, compared to Spurs. What they have going for them are their two strikers. But our ever increasing goal surge and even our ever growing and strengthening defence can go to Liverpool and win. Whatever you think, I don’t believe I am pissing in the win (or having a laugh) when I say that we can beat Liverpool. Whether you agree with me or not I am sure my detractors will be hopping that I am right and we do get a victory at Anfield; that is providing we have a full fit squad, of course!

Had we been playing Liverpool on Wednesday, and not Newcastle, then the result would probably have been very different. They would not have missed the chances our still poor defending gave them.
This is my point regarding our forthcoming games against Liverpool & Chelsea. The chances are they will both outscore us.

That could be true; that if we had played Liverpool, and not Newcastle things could have been different; and don't forget that Liverpool are a better side than Newcastle. But what I have noticed is that we are getting better as a team. So maybe it is lucky we are playing Liverpool when we do.

As for Ars*nal; again, I think we are a better side now than when we lost against them in the FA cup. But, time will tell.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.