SpursNetwork

Remaining games for Liverpool

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
Remaining games for Liverpool
« on: February 10, 2014, 06:45:28 AM »
   Liverpool's remaining fixtures are as follows:-

Fulham (A) - Swansea (H) - Southampton (A) - Sunderland (H) - MAN UTD (A) - Cardiff (A) -
 SPURS (H) - West Ham (A)- MAN CITY (H) - Norwich (A) - CHELSEA (H) - Palace (A) - Newcastle (H).

I would say that we are still in a very good position to finish Top 4, providing we do not drop any silly points against some of the strugglers. Obviously we will drop some points, although I am hoping it won't be too many, I think our FATE is almost entirely in our own HANDS.

:nods: :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Re: Remaining games for Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 09:01:06 AM »

Fulham (A) - Swansea (H) - Southampton (A) - Sunderland (H) - MAN UTD (A) - Cardiff (A) -
 SPURS (H) - West Ham (A)- MAN CITY (H) - Norwich (A) - CHELSEA (H) - Palace (A) - Newcastle (H).

I would say that we are still in a very good position to finish Top 4, providing we do not drop any silly points against some of the strugglers. Obviously we will drop some points, although I am hoping it won't be too many, I think our FATE is almost entirely in our own HANDS.

Liverpool have the points and goal difference, so I would say its in their hands, not ours. Without doubt they are a far better side than us, so I dont see us overtaking them this season.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 09:17:44 AM »
I would say that we are still in a very good position to finish Top 4, providing we do not drop any silly points against some of the strugglers.
It's the Spurs you're talking about.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 10:07:10 AM »

4th spot is currently Liverpools to throw away, all we can do is bang in decent performances, bag as many points as possible and hope they slip up.  Once we are sat in 4th and those below dont have a game in hand etc then its in our hands.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »

I go with what you said. Yes, we have a poor goal average but the positives out way the negatives. We are 3 points behind Liverpool. Liverpool has to play us United, City and Chelsea. Our biggest obstacles are Liverpool at Anfield and Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. I would go for a draw with Chelsea, but I do think we are capable of beating Liverpool on their own ground. The rest is how we deal with the rest of the teams, starting with Newcastle (away).  :up:
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 12:09:13 PM »

I go with what you said. Yes, we have a poor goal average but the positives out way the negatives. We are 3 points behind Liverpool. Liverpool has to play us United, City and Chelsea. Our biggest obstacles are Liverpool at Anfield and Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. I would go for a draw with Chelsea, but I do think we are capable of beating Liverpool on their own ground. The rest is how we deal with the rest of the teams, starting with Newcastle (away).  :up:

You are joking, right..........

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 04:15:43 PM »

That is exactly what people said when I said that we were capable of beating United on their own ground..... and of course I was joking.... what a silly suggestion..... and as you know they thrashed us 17-0 and we were humiliated (and now we are struggling at the bottom of the table). So this time I better not make such a stupid mistake again, oh, no, and say "yes, I am joking!". Silly me! :up: :dance:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 06:40:10 PM »
Liverpool have only lost once at home this season. In September 0:1 to Southampton. Among others they beat Ars*nal 5:1, Everton 4:0 and Man United 2:1, so I don't think we'll beat them at Anfield. They have free-scoring Suarez and Sturridge, we can barely score a goal.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:43:57 PM by RiffHard »

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »
Liverpool have only lost once at home this season. In September 0:1 to Southampton. Among others they beat Ars*nal 5:1, Everton 4:0 and Man United 2:1, so I don't think we'll beat them at Anfield. They have free-scoring Suarez and Sturridge, we can barely score a goal.

You could be right, however, if we can't beat Liverpool then I would hope a draw. But as you said Southampton beat Liverpool at Anfield so anything is possible.

Concerning my previous post; I was the only one on this forum that predicted that Spurs would beat United at Old Trafford and by the correct score. Everybody else either predicted that Spurs would lose or draw. Obviously the joke was on me and I hope the same sort of joke will be on me when we beat Liverpool at Anfield.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »

Liverpool are pretty much on a par with Man City when it comes to home games, very very dangerous. I think if we came away with a draw it would be a hell of a result considering how they smacked our arse in our back yard and what they did to the Goons also!  We could come away with another  :hide: ing it will take something special to get a full result and I am sorry we just dont possess it right now!

My biggest disappointment regarding this season is that teams have nothing to fear from us currently! We used to be a threat to everyone in the league a season ago, and now we are whipping boys to help increase the GD of those above us.  I dont think a team out there doubts they can take points from us.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 10:49:15 PM »
j

You could be right, however, if we can't beat Liverpool then I would hope a draw. But as you said Southampton beat Liverpool at Anfield so anything is possible.

Concerning my previous post; I was the only one on this forum that predicted that Spurs would beat United at Old Trafford and by the correct score. Everybody else either predicted that Spurs would lose or draw. Obviously the joke was on me and I hope the same sort of joke will be on me when we beat Liverpool at Anfield.

voice do you think your god now? Just because you predicted a win or correct results  you now think we will beat everybody? Pool trounced us 5-0 at home and it should have been more, they are as deadly as MC, there fowards are punishing teams for fun , our defence is crap we are not as good as them end off,  if we manage to beat them brilliant but let's be realistic we thought we could beat city and look where that ended us at...11 goals against 1 scored!! That says it all.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:51:09 PM by Blackjack »
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 12:46:21 PM »

That is exactly what people said when I said that we were capable of beating United on their own ground..... and of course I was joking.... what a silly suggestion..... and as you know they thrashed us 17-0 and we were humiliated (and now we are struggling at the bottom of the table). So this time I better not make such a stupid mistake again, oh, no, and say "yes, I am joking!". Silly me! :up: :dance:

With respect Voice, Man Utd are not in the same league as Liverpool or Chelsea this season. In fact, the table does not lie, and we are at least as good as they are.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »
I think we are better than M.U. Moyes dosent know his best team, he has made some strange signings  apart fro Matta, the players are playing for themselves instead as a team and they have a simular situation to what we have every year, key player threatening to leave if the team dosent do this or that.
Liverpool on the other hand have only tinkered a little this year and had the team bonding last season, they are well organised all over the pitch, very very attack minded because of the pace threat they have, this coupled with no European football has bode well for them, there players are well rested for league games and they have extra time for training, this in my opinion is why we will not make 4th spot.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 04:28:35 PM »
j

voice do you think your god now? Just because you predicted a win or correct results  you now think we will beat everybody? Pool trounced us 5-0 at home and it should have been more, they are as deadly as MC, there fowards are punishing teams for fun , our defence is crap we are not as good as them end off,  if we manage to beat them brilliant but let's be realistic we thought we could beat city and look where that ended us at...11 goals against 1 scored!! That says it all.

I don't think I am God now, or then. My comments concerning United was because of comments made earlier. My point was that we can beat Liverpool; I don't think it is impossible. I used the same argument when we played against United at Old Trafford.

If I thought I was god I would put millions of pounds on who will be in the top 4 and which order. If I thought I was god I would get all the prediction spot on. One prediction doesn't make one god.... more so when  god doesn't exist; unless we are talking in the mind? :up: ;)

As for the comment: United are a different team. Yes, but so was Liverpool earlier on; their fortunates changed, while United's dipped. That doesn't mean it can't be reversed.

As for Spurs  not being as good as Liverpool; we are only 3 points behind Liverpool and if you are going by the league table then we are still in with a shout.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:55:51 PM by Voice »
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
j

I don't think I am God now, or then. My comments concerning United was because of comments made earlier. My point was that we can beat Liverpool; I don't think it is impossible. I used the same argument when we played against United at Old Trafford.

If I thought I was god I would put millions of pounds on who will be in the top 4 and which order. If I thought I was god I would get all the prediction spot on. One prediction doesn't make one god.... more so when  god doesn't exist; unless we are talking in the mind? :up: ;)

As for the comment: United are a different team. Yes, but so was Liverpool earlier on; their fortunates changed, while United's dipped. That doesn't mean it can't be reversed.

As for Spurs  not being as good as Liverpool; we are only 3 points behind Liverpool and if you are going my the league table then we are still in with a shout.

Just! we can not afford any slip ups.
SPURS TILL I DIE