SpursNetwork

No squad overhaul!

Offline toadlad

No squad overhaul!
« on: April 02, 2014, 11:22:19 PM »
So Levy has let us know there will not be many changes. I feel the new manager will still sign up to 4 players, after last summer that is probably the maximum to integrate at once. So a lot of the players who have been poor may still stay as a squad/back up option. If we miss out on europa (hopefully) then we will have more of a settled 11 like Liverpool have this season, so would be hard to keep 22 top players happy anyway. So my prediction is:

Lloris. Stay - but only for one more year maybe without CL, but Don't think he will sulk or push for move yet!
Friedel. Stay - again last year of contract and career so the scouts need to line up 2 keepers potentially
Walker. Stay - will still improve and here for long term
Naughton. Go - he won't want to be back up for another season anyway. Kaboul to be the back up instead
Jan. Go - I only want players here who are committed, he isn't! Already sulking, unprofessional.
Vlad. Stay - need to sign the right partner for him
Daws. Stay - decent back up and keeps some identity as club captain
Kaboul. Stay - CB and RB cover, any more injuries and we will need to replace though!
BAE. ??? - depends if the new manager rates him and can sign a proper replacement
Rose.??? - as above, but on this season will ideally be going!
Fryers. Stay. As 5th choice CB!
Lamela. - Stay. He will show his quality next season
Lennon. Stay. Poor season but good for back up still
Chadli. Stay. Will hope to improve on first season
Townsend. Stay. Needs to be coached properly
Sandro. Stay. First name on team sheet
Dembele. Stay. For now. Ideally replaced with a proper playmaker
Capoue. Stay. Will get another chance with new boss
Paulinho. Stay. As above. But would want to leave if Tim stays on!
Siggy. Go. Eye for goal for too much competition for him here I feel
Livermore. Go. Temp to perm at Hull
Bentaleb. Loan. Think he should get a full season elsewhere first
Carroll. Stay. Deserves his chance before Bentaleb in the cups
Holtby. Stay. Feel he has a lot to offer
Eriksen. Stay. Will build the attack around him
Soldado. Stay. Will score goals in a settled team creating the right chances
Adebayor. Stay. Great comeback but still inconsistent
Kane. Loan. We need proper competition for Ade

So we will need a centre back, left back, striker as 3 key signings. Would make sense to get a keeper too with Brads age and the risk of losing Lloris to a CL team.

Fraser Forster, Caulker, and Lukaku would be my picks, but I can't think of any left back who we will realistically get!??

The new manager is the most important signing though, surely Tim can't say, he may promote youth but Levy will want someone to get the best from the new signings too.

Smiler

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: No squad overhaul!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 05:41:33 AM »

Jan. Go - I only want players here who are committed, he isn't! Already sulking, unprofessional.

Agree with most of the list however:

Jan - Has he actually done something wrong in particular? Haven't seen him appear in the news much and to be honest I do not get to see the games I would like to due to time difference. The whole defense has been bad, so wouldn't single him out. He was brilliant when he first arrived and I think he has the potential to be one of the best CBs in the country. We would be mad to let him go. If he appears disillusioned then he is only mirroring what the fans are feeling now. If we started moving in the right direction again, expect to see him shine once more.

Sandro - Great player and although I would say he is the first name on the team sheet based on how terrible our midfield and defence have been. Given the right players around him and he will also come good again.

Capoue / Lamela- For me they have not done enough to stay and there will need to be some players who make way. I can see these may be the ones to move who can also recoup a little of what they cost. However, if we had a new manager and they decided to give either or both of them more time then I would be happy to hold back on my criticism for now.
Maybe next year...

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:24:56 AM »
So Levy has let us know there will not be many changes. I feel the new manager will still sign up to 4 players, after last summer that is probably the maximum to integrate at once. So a lot of the players who have been poor may still stay as a squad/back up option. If we miss out on europa (hopefully) then we will have more of a settled 11 like Liverpool have this season, so would be hard to keep 22 top players happy anyway. So my prediction is:

Lloris. Stay - but only for one more year maybe without CL, but Don't think he will sulk or push for move yet!
Friedel. Stay - again last year of contract and career so the scouts need to line up 2 keepers potentially
Naughton. Go - he won't want to be back up for another season anyway. Kaboul to be the back up instead
Kaboul. Stay - CB and RB cover, any more injuries and we will need to replace though!
BAE. ??? - depends if the new manager rates him and can sign a proper replacement

So we will need a centre back, left back, striker as 3 key signings. Would make sense to get a keeper too with Brads age and the risk of losing Lloris to a CL team.

Fraser Forster, Caulker, and Lukaku would be my picks, but I can't think of any left back who we will realistically get!??

The new manager is the most important signing though, surely Tim can't say, he may promote youth but Levy will want someone to get the best from the new signings too.

I too agree with most, though not all of your list. For sure, the number 1 must is the right manager, Van Gaal for me, we need experience.

Lloris + JVT I would definitely keep, assuming they are 100% behind whoever is manager. There is no room for any more displays like JVT against Liverpool.

Walker, yes for now. Naughton, Dawson, Rose NO. Kaboul, not sure any more. Cherices, Fryers yes.

Sandro yes, though he needs to calm down. Townsend yes, Holtby maybe if his attitude is right.Chadli, Eriksen yes. Paulinho, Lennon, Siggurdson, Capoue, I would ship the lot of them out.

Soldado sell while we still can. Ade & Kane one more season.

So I would say we need RB LB CB RW LW & 2 strikers. Will any of this happen ?? I very much doubt it.

Plan B. LB RW & 1 or 2 strikers.

Offline toadlad

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 11:16:11 AM »
The thing is that would mean another 7 new signings. Levy stayed yesterday no overhaul, and I'm sure he will fine all the new signings another chance with a new manager. With Jan, of course I want him to stay, and I'm sure levy will try and hold him, but no point keeping an unhappy player, and I feel he will sulk for above as he appears to be doing already?! Appointing a top manger is the best chance to keep our best players, no chance of that with Sherwood. If levy is saying a few key signings, then I predict left back, centre back and striker!!
Smiler

Offline RSS61

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 12:11:28 PM »
The thing is that would mean another 7 new signings. Levy stayed yesterday no overhaul, and I'm sure he will fine all the new signings another chance with a new manager. With Jan, of course I want him to stay, and I'm sure levy will try and hold him, but no point keeping an unhappy player, and I feel he will sulk for above as he appears to be doing already?! Appointing a top manger is the best chance to keep our best players, no chance of that with Sherwood. If levy is saying a few key signings, then I predict left back, centre back and striker!!

Yep thats probably the bottom line

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 04:55:01 PM »
Levy says, according to some papers, that there will be no major signings. But that depends on what paper's you read.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline toadlad

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 07:39:49 PM »
Levy made an official statement yesterday!
Smiler

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 11:56:02 PM »
This is a goo thread, so heres my say on it!

Lloris keep, great keeper but needs to be told to stay in his box! way to much gun ho for my liking!.
Naughton  get rid.useless.
Dawson keep for cover only! to slow lost a yard of pace(hanger on)
Vertonghan keep but his attitude needs sorting out!, if minds not with the club anymore get rid.
Rose.. get rid, gets caught in possession in dangerous areas serious liability.
Chriches.. keep havent seen enough of him.
Kaboul get rid... to attack minded, goes forward way to much and loses possession to easy liability!.
Walker keep, got pace, good defender, could be converted to a winger with the right coach!.
Fryers, Keep, needs more game time.
Sandro.. Keep for now.. solid holding midfield player that gets stuck in.
BAE, keep, much better than naughton, needs to be put back into the first team! for now.
Lennon, get rid... plays out of position all the time, is in and out of games, useless at crossing(for a winger thats a must, has poor ball control, gets bundled of the ball to much.
Chadli, keep, has potential, left footed player that can double up as a cover striker, needs more regular games.
Dembelle, not sure, he looks to take charge and boss the midfield but needs to improve his goal threat!, good ball winner.
Erriksen , keep no brainer, has gifted feet and a football brain, an eye for a goal, in the right team could become great!
Siggursen keep but needs to play left midfield and link up with the left winger!, needs to work on his defencive skill and fitness, another player who needs to play regular to get the best from him.
Bentaleb.. get rid! he is young but does not offer anything different, average, gives the ball away to much.
Lamela,, get rid, worst buy ive ever seen, we have been scammed for 30M, dont see it!, way way way over rated.
Townsend, keep, best youth player we have, is starting to show his real quality, needs to play regular, be told to stay out wide, needs better support, has a goal in him, has potential to get better.
Capouee.. keep to convert into center back, average MC player but we need better, more suited as a defender!.
Carrol, Keep for now, needs a chance in the team to see if he can step up.
Livermoore. get rid.. I like him, but we have other players who play in his position!
Paulinho, Keep for now!, goal threat, needs abit more time to settle in fully.
Holtby, Keep, play him with Errickesn, if we could get them to form a good understanding in midfield they could do great things, very good ball control, needs to work on his physical side of the game.
Soldado, keep for one more season, he has been another expensive flop!, but I think this is down to the team, and formation he has had to play in!, needs to play in a 4-4-2 formation , needs wingers swinging balls in from wide!,needs a strike partner along side him!, needs to stay involved in games for longer.
Adebayor, Keep, best player by far this season, will get better and more goals if we get a settled team.
Kane..Keep, gives 110% every time he gets a chance which is not much, has been loaned out everywhere so now is the time for him to be given a run in the team, needs to start scoring, this will come with consistent game time.

POSITIONS THAT NEED ADDRESSING!

Striker...need a goal scorer with pace!
Midfield, need at least  two players who is gifted in ball control, Silva,Fabregas Matta, player, needs to be great!, a good goal threat that chips in 15 goals a season! Toure, Lampard,!!!.
Right winger,  this is desperate! we have Townsend but we need a better player with lightning pace!
Left back, left footed essential, needs plenty of pace, be comfortable on the ball and tall, experienced a must!!!.,
Center back.. needs pace, tall, and confident, leader, a Kompany, Vidic,Terry!, no nonsense.

FORMATION.

4-4-2 OR 3-1-4-2-OR 3-5-2.. Two strikers min, need a constant threat always.

GET RID OF THE HIGH BACK LINE!!!!!, defending on the half way line is the main reason we leak so many goals!, stupid idea that played against great sides is nothing short of suicidle!.

SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 05:16:14 PM »
Good Thread, here is my view on the current squad:

Lloris. Stay - Utter class but we all know he wants CL footi and IMO he has been our best player this season although very Jens Lehmann at times!  Brilliance combined with Lunacy
Friedel. Stay - But we need a new number 2 with Brad moving to number 3, great keeper and role model.
Walker. Stay - Asset and will get better with correct coaching
Naughton. Out - not up to the standard to play in EPL in all honesty awful
Jan. Stay only if - he wants to be here, our best CB by far but his head is elsewhere right now, maybe eyeing a move
Vlad. Stay - So far so good
Daws. Stay - Good for cover and Spurs through and through, however not a first choice too slow.
Kaboul. Out - Injured way too much can not rely upon him being fit even when fit lol and displays have been poor this season!
BAE. Stay - Should never have been loaned out, bring him back!
Rose. Out - Liability
Fryers. Stay - Looking decent and keep for back up and development
Lamela. Out - 30mil paid and he has hardly kicked a ball, I dont think he is suited to the EPL and he definitely doesnt want to be here.
Lennon. Stay - Give us an option, one trick pony with he speed not much else to offer but also not worth selling either.
Chadli. Stay - Looking better with each game, more to come I feel.
Townsend. Stay - Bags of natural talent has to concentrate on being his own player not Bale MKII
Sandro. Stay - Team captain
Dembele. Out - Doesnt bring much to the table we need a playmaker and Dembele is not one
Capoue. Stay - Starting to settle and did ok at the back he gives us options in a couple of roles.
Paulinho. Stay -  We have seen glimpses of what he can do and his class, needs a solid run in the team and he will put a smile on our faces.
Siggy. Stay -  Squad player, puts in a good shift and can be counted on, pops up with handy goals much like Dempsey did.
Livermore. Out - We have much better, I wish him well.
Bentaleb. Out -  Our most played player under TS, serioulsy WTF he is nothing special, if not out then loan for a season.
Carroll. Stay or Loan - Use in the cups and as cover he wont get much EPL first team chances though, so I am tempted to say loan for another season.
Holtby. Stay -  Wants to play football I feel he is a great asset butwill he get the game time he craves with us I doubt it, if he is happy as a squad player then great.
Eriksen. Stay - Key to our creativity build the team around him.
Soldado. Stay - With service he will score!
Adebayor. Stay - Proved doubters wrong has done well can play as lone striker or as a pair.
Kane Out -  Will never be good enough for top end EPL.

I think we need and will make 3 or 4 additions, Cover 2 versatile defenders CB and LB, Striker proven EPL experience (would love to see Hernandez from ManUre come to us)

I dont think we need anyone in midfield we just need to get the combination right and play to individual player strengths there.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »

If thats the case I would like Leighton Baines, Thiago Silver and either Luis Suarez or Falcao.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 10:09:29 AM »

If thats the case I would like Leighton Baines, Thiago Silver and either Luis Suarez or Falcao.

Dream on lol