SpursNetwork

The Rise Of Gareth Bale

The Rise Of Gareth Bale
« on: April 24, 2010, 10:49:38 AM »
If you were anything like me, then you would have been on Youtube the day we signed Gareth Bale.

The site was littered with Clips of this lad scoring audacious free kicks when playing for Southampton at the tender age of 17, this caught the attention of many big name clubs such as Manchester United, but in the end, he decided to sign Tottenham, and i am so glad he did.

When he first arrived we were told of all of his great attributes and what he could give to the club, i for one was a very excited man. And it looked as if his Spurs first team place would all but guaranteed when he scored against our North London rivals, with a "Youtube" like Freekick.

But things then took a turn for the worst in the young Welshman's career at White Hart Lane. His form was less than impressive and his attempts at cementing his place as a first team regular looked a distinctly tough task with a number of Foot injuries aswell as having competition from an in form Assou-Ekotto.

Just of late he has had 5 or 6 games in a row where he has had the chance to show off his talent, and he really has exceeded well under pressure and has put in some truly brilliant displays, that have earned him 2 man of the match awards.

Now, 2 and a half years after buying the Cardiff born left back, we are starting to see some of the form in which we were promised when he was first brought to the club. He's tall, fast, has one hell of an engine on him, can take it too defences, not to mention strike a mean freekick.

I'm sure he will keep on Progressing well and, as long as he doesn't get any more injuries or get poached by a "Bigger" club, i can see Bale being a firm favourite for many years to come.

Offline Lowestoft Yid

• Season Ticket: No
Re: The Rise Of Gareth Bale
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 11:00:02 AM »
Yep he's playing great!!! But wot position if any will he be playing next year? Left back?
When's his contract run till? Not that contracts mean anything now adays

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »
Totally agree with you Riggs... i remember watching the Youtube clips of him doing kick ups and skills

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »
Didnt have the best of games today. Nani had him in hes pocket.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »
Yeah we had clips of Bale posted all over the place on here. I was, like many Spurs SO excited when we signed him.

Now he's (fingers crossed) over his injury nightmares and over that horrible statistic of 20 odd premiership games without being on the winning side, we are seeing the best of Bale. He has toughened up both mentally and physically and is looking like he will be a truely excellent player from now on. His form over the last 3 or 4 months has been nothing short of sensational!!!!

BALE BALE BALE!!
COYS!

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:39:54 AM »
Didnt have the best of games today. Nani had him in hes pocket.

He was playing left back, thats Y he couldn't bomb forward as much as we would of liked

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:37:07 PM »
Ah Yes but hes wasnt tracking Nani for hes goals. Sorry buts its the truth.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?