SpursNetwork

Defoe wants to stay for one more season.

« on: May 22, 2007, 06:14:22 PM »
Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe will stay at White Hart Lane for at least another season, ruling out his departure to Man Utd in the summer window.

It's believed that the imminent departure of Egyptian forward Mido would leave Spurs in a somewhat sticky situation if Dimitar Berbatov or Robbie Keane was to get injured.

Defoe, who is still under contract at Spurs, would be unable to leave the club at all this summer unless Jol felt the need sell up if another forward was brought in.

For the time being, Defoe is a Spurs man, but it gets increasingly likely that JD will one day leave.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 06:20:30 PM »
Thats good to hear, i think JD knows with the ammount of games we had this season he is going to get games next season too!
And with us qualifiying for the UEFA cup again he knows he will get yet more games next season - as we hope to go all the way this year!
Another good few cup runs will see the strikers roatating nicely again - hope a replacement for Mido is signed as well. So all the pressure isnt on the 3 current forward men!

COYS!!!!!!!!
COYS!

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 07:12:30 PM »
Source? you need to write them down mate.

I want him to stay, we can't let a player who can score 18 goals a season leave.

Offline -AL-

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't like JD to go, too. He definitely needs to stay.
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »
Good news hope it's true, we need him to stay and get a Mido replacement.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:13:13 PM »
It's good news but I hope he does stay why let a player who scored 18 goals go.

Offline Powerage

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 12:36:59 AM »
I like Jermain, we should keep him anyway, I believe his eye for a goal will help us hugely.

Berba's girl

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 04:32:51 PM »
Hopefully this is true. It means we have 3 very different strikers (style wise)

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 06:34:46 PM »
Is it just me or has everyone only just realised that he scored 18 goals.  A week ago loads of people (can't remember if it was the same people) said that he needs to go.

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
if he makes moves to leave we should only let him speak to no hoper clubs or abroad, he has way too much of a knack of scoring against old clubs.
There be dragons

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »
My thinking is that Jol should play all three up front just like in the pre season that worked Defoe and Berbatov up front and Keane in place of Jenas.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 07:48:28 PM by Dj Frisky »

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 08:59:12 AM »
Quote from: Dj Frisky;10222
My thinking is that Jol should play all three up front just like in the pre season that worked Defoe and Berbatov up front and Keane in place of Jenas.

I strongly disagree. Defoe is pure **** defensively and Berbatov is not quite defense-oriented neither. That means that our already shaky defense will count on one less midfielder for deffensive support/press ...
----------------

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 12:34:02 PM »
I am glad to hear that JD is staying because when Keane plays when Spurs go 1-0 up or 2-0 up Keane tends to drift out of the strikers position and he goes to the left side of the pitch and just leaves Berbatov up there all by himself but JD doesn't he stays up there all the time so plus JD has more pace than Keane and that is better.