Barnes Going Nowhere

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Barnes Going Nowhere
« on: May 19, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »

Tottenham may suffer a summer transfer blow, as Rams midfielder Giles Barnes say he dose not want to leave derby

Barnes say he wants to stay a pride park even if derby are not promoted to the premiership after the play off final. Barnes was meant to join Tottenham in January and martin jol was very keen to sign the youngster. Jol was prepared to pay 5m for the youngster.

Barnes wants to spend one more season at Derby County and feels that it will be better for his career if he is allowed to play regular first-team football to continue his development.

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 01:01:06 PM »
Sensible choice on his his part as we already have a lot of midfielders, I would prefer it if he signed for spurs then we loaned him out 2 derby for next season, so we can make sure that we get him 4 next season...
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline -AL-

Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 01:07:11 PM »
He is totally right. There should be more players like him. So many talented young players went to a big club and wasted their talent with sitting on the bench.
Of course, it is not easy to say "no" to a big club, but barnes is realistic enough to take care of his career. I hope he will we be lucky with his wise decision in the future.
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 01:08:45 PM »
Yeah he made the right choice in staying. Doubt he would make a big impact at spurs being so young, he'll learn quicker at Derby by playing more games. But a few years down the line we should definitely be looking in signing him.

Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 06:38:26 PM »
I think Giles did the right thing by staying where he is, I do agree that he won't make a very big impact if he did join us but in future we should sign him though.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:43:19 PM by Dj Frisky »

Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »
its all talk...he knows if derby dont come up there gonna sell his ass for sure ...this way if they stay in the championship and sell him he's not the bad guy for walking out on them..(just like defoe..lol)

expect him to leave pride park...

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 08:53:51 AM »
Quote from: spurs_craig;9362
its all talk...he knows if derby dont come up there gonna sell his ass for sure ...this way if they stay in the championship and sell him he's not the bad guy for walking out on them..(just like defoe..lol)

expect him to leave pride park...

Yeah I think you might be spot on here. I think he's a Derby boy and he probably doesn't want the locals hating him and giving him stick every time he goes to visit his mum. I like the idea of buying him and loaning him back to Derby I think thats the way it may pan out.

Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 12:27:33 PM »
if the other rumours are true and we get reo-coker then i dont think we need him....

although it would be nice to link him up with the hudd againg...i bet they would be a force to be reckond with for sure...both big guys who can tackle,pass,shoot and score...

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 05:15:08 PM »
Derby County midfielder Giles Barnes has reiterated his commitment to the club.

The 18-year-old enjoyed a sparkling season for The Rams and helped secure promotion to the Premiership as he supplied the cross for Stephen Pearson's winner in the play-off final against West Brom.

He said before the game that he would stay at Pride Park regardless of whether or not Derby won, and he is now looking forward to playing in the Premiership.

However, Barnes has continued to be linked with other clubs, with Tottenham reportedly leading the chase.

Former Derby youngster Tom Huddlestone has flourished since moving to White Hart Lane, but Barnes has no plans to join him.

"I have no intention of leaving Derby," he insisted.

"I want to play in the Premiership, just like any other player, but now I can play at the highest level with Derby.

"And anyway, I have three years left to go on my contract.

"Tom Huddlestone and I were in digs together when we were in the academy and we still talk now and again on the phone.

"But it was Ars*nal, and not Tottenham, who were my favourite club when I was growing up and so I am looking forward to the chance of playing for Derby at Emirates Stadium."

He's a gooner and he's came straight out and said it. Don't want him here now.

Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 05:32:57 PM »
Get lost then u scum tw@t.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 06:23:43 PM by Dj Frisky »

Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »
Eww no don't want no scum supporter at our club!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
Barnes Going Nowhere
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »
Quote from: Jude106;10507
Eww no don't want no scum supporter at our club!

Well said!
I agree :mf_swordfight:
COYS!