SpursNetwork

Wellbeck to the Arse---

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Wellbeck to the Arse---
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 04:29:24 PM »
See, I knew it wouldn't be a contradiction. I sincerely believe you too. You have been saying for a while that was an area we needed to strengthen, hence my bit of fun. All in good jest I promise.   8)

I take everything in good jest. People on here are good in spirit and a bit if ribbing occasionally can't hurt anybody. As I say "people who live in glasses house etc". All input is healthy. So thank you for your words. :up:
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »
       Well once again the Arse have got one up on us by signing Danny Wellbeck from under our noses, probably 'cos Levy was trying to get him on the cheap, when will he bloody learn, he maybe a good negotiator but I wonder how many other players we have missed out on because of him being such a tight arse, we will never know. What I do know is Wellbeck was just the sort of player we needed!!! :( :( :( :(
Sorry Paul but I would have to disagree. Danny Welbeck is a good team player but he is not the out and out goalscorer that we are crying out for. So happy that the Arse paid over the top for him too!

Whether he is an out and out striker or not he would have been better than nobody and that is exactly what we ended up with (apart from the defenders).
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 05:15:06 PM »
At this moment what striker would come to Spurs?
None of the top strikers that's for sure Welbeck chose Ars*nal no big surprise there Spurs have a new manager with a big job to do to get Spurs in touch with the top 4 who at the moment are light years in front of us.
Right now we have what we have and we just hope this guy can get us to where we want to be and we must give him time

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »
None of the top strikers that's for sure Welbeck chose Ars*nal no big surprise there Spurs have a new manager with a big job to do to get Spurs in touch with the top 4 who at the moment are light years in front of us.
Right now we have what we have and we just hope this guy can get us to where we want to be and we must give him time

I think you sum up the situation pretty well.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 01:36:17 PM »

How about the Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez? He may not be regarded as a top 4 striker, however, he would have been a good acquisition for Spurs.  Until we break into the top 4 we will always have problems enticing certain players to the Lane.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 01:42:19 PM »

How about the Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez? He may not be regarded as a top 4 striker, however, he would have been a good acquisition for Spurs.  Until we break into the top 4 we will always have problems enticing certain players to the Lane.

I think that we have to somehow discover talented but unknown young players, and bring them on in order to springboard our way into CL. Cant see any other way. I think that this is what Pochettino is all about, and maybe why he has been given a 5 year contract.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 01:45:22 PM »

I think that we have to somehow discover talented but unknown young players, and bring them on in order to springboard our way into CL. Cant see any other way. I think that this is what Pochettino is all about, and maybe why he has been given a 5 year contract.

I read today that Manchester United plan to develop their youth academy even more so that they can bring on youngsters. I agree that you are right.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 05:15:09 AM »
Being in the CL isn't going to solve our transfer problems I'm afraid. Firstly, Man U managed to get one of the top strikers in the world and a world class midfielder and they are not in the CL this year. Although their reputation obviously counts for them. Secondly and more importantly than that, when we were trying to get into the top 4 we kept saying that once we were there we would be able to attract the top players, we got there and then bought nobody of any real significance. Maybe if we are able stay in the top 4 using average players for 3 years, then Levy and co may change, but don't expect anything to happen anytime soon.
Maybe next year...

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 06:43:10 PM »
Dream on my friend!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 08:09:30 AM »
Being in the CL isn't going to solve our transfer problems I'm afraid. Firstly, Man U managed to get one of the top strikers in the world and a world class midfielder and they are not in the CL this year. Although their reputation obviously counts for them. Secondly and more importantly than that, when we were trying to get into the top 4 we kept saying that once we were there we would be able to attract the top players, we got there and then bought nobody of any real significance. Maybe if we are able stay in the top 4 using average players for 3 years, then Levy and co may change, but don't expect anything to happen anytime soon.

The reason Man Utd got their man was because they pay 3 times the wages we do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 04:13:24 PM »

The reason Man Utd got their man was because they pay 3 times the wages we do

According to Levy that is why we need a bigger stadium (or at least one of the reasons); that we me should be able to compete with the best.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 06:56:26 PM »
I was very disappointed that we never bought Wellbeck. I always thought he was a good player. I just hope now that the three strikers we have got is enough. That is we do not get injuries that incapacitates them all together.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 07:56:21 AM »
We missed out on a good player for a reasonable price. But would he have come to us even if we offered the same money as Ars*nal? I doubt it.

Maybe next year...

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 07:40:36 PM »
We missed out on a good player for a reasonable price. But would he have come to us even if we offered the same money as Ars*nal? I doubt it.

I think he might have if we could have offered him European football, that is championship football.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2014, 04:22:22 PM »

I think he might have if we could have offered him European football, that is championship football.

Maybe, but what he didn't want was to go to a club on loan, and that is all Tottenham would have offered him (if you believe the papers).
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do