SpursNetwork

Woman commentator

Offline Storts

Woman commentator
« on: April 21, 2007, 11:15:23 PM »
Not meaning to sound sexist but its just not right. She just doesnt seem to have the same effect. Just seems very strange/ Opinions?

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Woman commentator
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 11:18:23 PM »
OMG no way lol

She sounds like vanessa feltz, it just doesnt sound right IMO.

Woman commentator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 11:30:28 PM »
Yeah, no offence to her but it just doesnt sound right does it.

Not the same affect, kinda ruins the match.

Woman commentator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 11:46:52 PM »
Its about as bad as the ****** am version of boston athletic lol

Woman commentator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 01:00:22 AM »
It's really strange but trying not to be sexist, im sure we'll all get used to it:D

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Woman commentator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 01:37:08 AM »
It would sound strange at first because it's always been men doing footy commentary, nothing to do with sexism, just that people have gotten used to a certain way of doing things. That said, I'm sure a British woman would sound better than former US international Julie Foudy did on FIFA 2000 :wacko: Oh GOD was that ever horrible. Of course, FIFA 2000 was horrible, full stop.

They actually have a woman working hockey colour commentary over here in Canada for TSN - former Canadian women's team captain Cassie Campbell - and she actually does a decent job :) She works in women's international matches and some NHL games.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline -AL-

Woman commentator
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 08:46:25 AM »
ok boys, even to me (a woman) it sounds strange if a woman is commentator. but in the end it depends on her voice and the passion (the way she comments) .
i know some very stupid male commentators in germany, making you think: shut the f*** up, you stupid moron! so a woman, if she has a good knowledge about football, is much better than an idiotic male commentator!
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Woman commentator
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 09:31:40 AM »
this lady didn't have no passion though. There was a goal and she harly even said any thing

Woman commentator
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 11:26:30 AM »
I think all this equality stuff gets taken too far, a woman comentator doesnt really work, not being sexist btw, it was like she was presenting the weather forecast, she was saying things like oh its a nice sunny day here in london and oh dear brown has just slipped over.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 11:32:41 AM by dazzaTh »

Woman commentator
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 12:55:37 PM »
it was strange. i am not sure if she was a good comentator or not cos it just sounded odd.
tbh see wasnt all that bad, better then andy gray (thats not saying much).
i also hate all this equal s**t, for instants theres only 1 man were my mum works but no one says theyr sexest.