SpursNetwork

From Daniel Levy

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: From Daniel Levy
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
In January just about every Spurs supporter, ex pro and football pundit said that not signing a striker may well cost Spurs a CL place. Well, we all got it right, and Levy has cost the club £30 plus. Yet there are still people that think he is a good chairman. If it was any other business, and Levy wasn't a relative of Lewis, he would have been sacked weeks ago.

The fear is that he will continue with his zero investment policy, and only spend the revenue from players we can sell. Don't get me wrong, we have plenty of players that just aren't good enough, the problem is that collectively they are worth about £1.50. Our squad is also very shallow in quality, and even if we purchase 4 top quality players (which I don't think we will) we will have to pray that we don't pick up the injuries we are accustomed to.

Think us not getting into the CL cost more than £30 mate lol

I agree very much with the second paragraph, I very much hope we are not in the market only once we sell our deadwood.  Our squad is shallow glad you have acknowledged this a a few posts ago you were saying we should be going all out to win all comps.  Not with our current squad thats for sure!

If we only had 11 players I would still be saying we should try and win every competition. Is it really to much to ask a player to play two games a week ?

All fans say the same but reality is something different.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »
I think that any team should be able to try to win every game they play with a squad of 22 players. This is enough to cover any injuries, two players for each position. Reality is only what you make it, so given the right 11 players, they would try to win every competition, and play 2 games a week. For example the side below would at their peak have done just that.

Friedel

G. Neville, Puyol, Terry, Pearce

Beckham, Ince, Lampard, Giggs

Messi Walters

Maybe next year...

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2013, 11:48:37 PM »
In January just about every Spurs supporter, ex pro and football pundit said that not signing a striker may well cost Spurs a CL place. Well, we all got it right, and Levy has cost the club £30 plus. Yet there are still people that think he is a good chairman. If it was any other business, and Levy wasn't a relative of Lewis, he would have been sacked weeks ago.

The fear is that he will continue with his zero investment policy, and only spend the revenue from players we can sell. Don't get me wrong, we have plenty of players that just aren't good enough, the problem is that collectively they are worth about £1.50. Our squad is also very shallow in quality, and even if we purchase 4 top quality players (which I don't think we will) we will have to pray that we don't pick up the injuries we are accustomed to.

According to various reports Daniel Levy was more than happy to pay for a new striker in January. As far as I know, the hierarchy at the club truly believed they had reached an agreement to sign Leandro but all the problems came from the Inter end - the way I heard it Leandro's agent literally went missing from a hotel.

The team that accrues the most points in the league wins the league - literally you do win things for scoring a high number of points.

Daniel Levy is joint owner of THFC so in calling for the Chairman to be removed* you are, in effect, asking for a change of ownership (I am amazed you didn't know this).

To what extent was Old Trafford developed before they became serial trophy winners?

8D
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »

According to various reports Daniel Levy was more than happy to pay for a new striker in January. As far as I know, the hierarchy at the club truly believed they had reached an agreement to sign Leandro but all the problems came from the Inter end - the way I heard it Leandro's agent literally went missing from a hotel.

The team that accrues the most points in the league wins the league - literally you do win things for scoring a high number of points.

Daniel Levy is joint owner of THFC so in calling for the Chairman to be removed* you are, in effect, asking for a change of ownership (I am amazed you didn't know this).

To what extent was Old Trafford developed before they became serial trophy winners?

8D

Which only goes to show that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know anything about.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.