Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: From Daniel Levy
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 06:11:49 PM »

I totally agree.This forum is being spoilt by one idiot and if this carries on, I cannot see the point in going on. :tickedoff:
[/quote]

I will say it again then, as you don't appear to have understood it the first time. We got knocked out of three trophies by three crap teams. Last year we came 4th and the manager got sacked. This year we came 5th after playing very unattractive football. In short, the manager met none of his targets. Now if last years manager got sacked, why not this years ?

In fact I find this site amazing. We have a manager that has given us nothing (apart from boring ffootball), yet there is so much support for him. I put a genuine thread on here yesterday about an approach from Napoli for his services, and it has been locked. Can someone please tell me why they think he is a good manager, because for the life of me I just can't see what you see in him. It may be that my expectations are to high. I expect a massive club like ours to occasionally win a trophy or two. I also expect a club of our size  to finish top four, as they did under our last manager. If any of you really believe that to be successful you have to have the money of Chelsea and Citeh, I would suggest you stop supporting Spurs. Like I said before, with a god chairman and a good manager, we have the support and finances to move forward.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:59:27 PM by baldbloke »
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »
I will say it again then, as you don't appear to have understood it the first time. We got knocked out of three trophies by three crap teams.
Right! And the top 4 teams have never been knocked out by crap teams either? We are unique in that field are we? By the way; how did City do in the Cup Final? Luckily they got beaten by one of the top teams in the world.
Last year we came 4th and the manager got sacked. This year we came 5th after playing very unattractive football. In short, the manager met none of his targets. Now if last years manager got sacked, why not this years ?
1.   I wouldn’t say our football was unattractive.
2.   We came 5th this season with a record amount of points. This is in AVB’s first season. In Harry’s first season…. Where did he finish? Remind me please?
3.   Because this year’s manager is better than last years manager. Nevertheless, Harry is a great manager, which was why England came in for him. Chelsea and city came in for him and don’t forget United wanted him to replace Alex Ferguson. But he turned all those jobs down for one of the world’s greatest football teams… yes, QPR. Where are they now, by the way?

In fact I find this site amazing. We have a manager that has given us nothing (apart from boring ffootball), yet there is so much support for him.
And you draw the conclusion from that, that everybody is wrong and you are the only one who knows what is what? Well then; you are a genius and I am sure we will all bow to you for your wisdom and insight knowledge. Nuff said!
I put a genuine thread on here yesterday about an approach from Napoli for his services, and it has been locked. Can someone please tell me why they think he is a good manager, because for the life of me I just can't see what you see in him. It may be that my expectations are to high. I expect a massive club like ours to occasionally win a trophy or two. I also expect a club of our size  to finish top four, as they did under our last manager. If any of you really believe that to be successful you have to have the money of Chelsea and Citeh, I would suggest you stop supporting Spurs. Like I said before, with a god chairman and a good manager, we have the support and finances to move forward.
All Spurs great managers, not forgetting Alex Ferguson couldn’t manager to end their first season as high as AVB has done but you don’t think he is a great or even a good manager?
I do agree with you though that a club like Spurs should have won more trophies. So let us give AVB our full support and the same amount of time as our great managers were given and wait and see what he can deliver.
I have never said clubs need just the money that clubs like Chelsea have, but also a large chuck of luck thrown in.
We’ve got a good manager… as for the chairman; there is nobody else knocking on the Spurs doors to take over.

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 03:21:58 AM »
 Quote from Voice [We came 5th this season with a record amount of points. This is in AVB’s first season. In Harry’s first season…. Where did he finish? Remind me please?]
      In Harry's first FULL SEASON we finished Fourth, in case you have conveniently forgotten when he took over the previous season we were  bottom of the league having only 2 pts from the first 8 games and 4 pts behind the team in 19th position, we finished the season in 8th position, TEN pts adrift of the team that finished fourth, I think that that is more of an achievement in his first season, Played 30 Won 14 Drew 7 Lost 9, Harrys record speaks for itself, 8th(P30) 4th(P38) 5th(P38) and 4th(P38).
       He was appointed 8 games in and had to start from scratch, and only had 1 transfer Window

AVB's record Played 38 Won 21 Drew 9 Lost 8 Pos 5th 1 pt adrift.
      He was appointed on Jul 3rd and had a full pre-season to mould the team and had both the Summer and Winter Transfer windows.

I think that that rather negates your argument!!

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:23:52 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 10:39:12 AM »
Quote from Voice [We came 5th this season with a record amount of points. This is in AVB’s first season. In Harry’s first season…. Where did he finish? Remind me please?]
      In Harry's first FULL SEASON we finished Fourth, in case you have conveniently forgotten when he took over the previous season we were  bottom of the league having only 2 pts from the first 8 games and 4 pts behind the team in 19th position, we finished the season in 8th position, TEN pts adrift of the team that finished fourth, I think that that is more of an achievement in his first season, Played 30 Won 14 Drew 7 Lost 9, Harrys record speaks for itself, 8th(P30) 4th(P38) 5th(P38) and 4th(P38).
       He was appointed 8 games in and had to start from scratch, and only had 1 transfer Window

He was appointed on Jul 3rd and had a full pre-season to mould the team and had both the Summer and Winter Transfer windows.

That was what I was going to say. Glad someone else picked up on that too. However the only way to make a direct comparison is to look at the average points per game.

Just to make the comparison between Harry and AVB clear.

Harry - average points per game - 1.6333
AVB - Average points per game - 1.894

Therefore AVB was more successful in his first season than Harry.

But that being said with the side that AVB took over in comparison to the one Harry started with, I would still say that AVB should have finished higher, but still put more of the blame for that on Levy.

Can we now put the AVB Harry debate to bed now?
Maybe next year...

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
Could we please last season to bed also please. Cheers  :hide:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 12:31:58 PM »
This comparison game between Harry and AVB is way past it's sale by date. It's over now and we should look to new faces coming in and old ones going out in preparation for next season.

AVB is here to stay for the foreseeable future anyway, so perhaps someone could create a new thread (no trolls please!) on potential players linked with the club so that we can get a picture of what may be ahead instead of bickering on what's well and truly over!

Upwards and onwards   :up:

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »
I will say it again then, as you don't appear to have understood it the first time. We got knocked out of three trophies by three crap teams.
Right! And the top 4 teams have never been knocked out by crap teams either? We are unique in that field are we? By the way; how did City do in the Cup Final? Luckily they got beaten by one of the top teams in the world.
Last year we came 4th and the manager got sacked. This year we came 5th after playing very unattractive football. In short, the manager met none of his targets. Now if last years manager got sacked, why not this years ?
1.   I wouldn’t say our football was unattractive.
2.   We came 5th this season with a record amount of points. This is in AVB’s first season. In Harry’s first season…. Where did he finish? Remind me please?
3.   Because this year’s manager is better than last years manager. Nevertheless, Harry is a great manager, which was why England came in for him. Chelsea and city came in for him and don’t forget United wanted him to replace Alex Ferguson. But he turned all those jobs down for one of the world’s greatest football teams… yes, QPR. Where are they now, by the way?

In fact I find this site amazing. We have a manager that has given us nothing (apart from boring ffootball), yet there is so much support for him.
And you draw the conclusion from that, that everybody is wrong and you are the only one who knows what is what? Well then; you are a genius and I am sure we will all bow to you for your wisdom and insight knowledge. Nuff said!
I put a genuine thread on here yesterday about an approach from Napoli for his services, and it has been locked. Can someone please tell me why they think he is a good manager, because for the life of me I just can't see what you see in him. It may be that my expectations are to high. I expect a massive club like ours to occasionally win a trophy or two. I also expect a club of our size  to finish top four, as they did under our last manager. If any of you really believe that to be successful you have to have the money of Chelsea and Citeh, I would suggest you stop supporting Spurs. Like I said before, with a god chairman and a good manager, we have the support and finances to move forward.
All Spurs great managers, not forgetting Alex Ferguson couldn’t manager to end their first season as high as AVB has done but you don’t think he is a great or even a good manager?
I do agree with you though that a club like Spurs should have won more trophies. So let us give AVB our full support and the same amount of time as our great managers were given and wait and see what he can deliver.
I have never said clubs need just the money that clubs like Chelsea have, but also a large chuck of luck thrown in.
We’ve got a good manager… as for the chairman; there is nobody else knocking on the Spurs doors to take over.

Answers yo your questions.

1) We are not Man City and I don't care what they have done, what they are doing  and what they are going to do.

2) I don't care how many points we got. Points don't win trophies, and if you haven't got enough of them you don't get in the champions league either.

3) If you don't think our football is unattractive, I bet you love watching Stoke

4) What do you mean Arry's first season. Arry took over 8 games in when we were sat at the bottom, so how the hell can you make a comparison ?

5) It's possible that I am wrong about AVB, and you lot are all correct. I simply asked why you all thought he was so good.  I am sure if he was mid sixties without any charisma, you would have judged him on his results and wanted him out, as I do AVB. I honestly believe you have fallen for his charm, rather than his ability.

6) Will you please stop going on about Chelsea and Man City's money. Ars*nal spend nothing and for the last 16 years have made CL. I don't expect to win every trophy, as well as the prem, but the fact is that last year we under performed.

7) I am not asking for a new owner, I am asking for a new Chairman. To take 70% of the increase in season ticket revenue and give yourself a massive rise is nothing short of immoral !!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:43:57 PM by baldbloke »

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »
This comparison game between Harry and AVB is way past it's sale by date. It's over now and we should look to new faces coming in and old ones going out in preparation for next season.

AVB is here to stay for the foreseeable future anyway, so perhaps someone could create a new thread (no trolls please!) on potential players linked with the club so that we can get a picture of what may be ahead instead of bickering on what's well and truly over!

Upwards and onwards   :up:

Please please please, not the players linked to the club thread. Between now and August 31st, there will be at least 1000, and perhaps we may actually sign one for a cost of no more than £5m. I make a policy of believing absolutely nothing the press prints.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 05:39:24 PM »

That is true that Harry finished 8th in his first full season. But not the first season when he joined. AVB finished with more points than any of Harry’s season’s. On top of that he lost a few players and had to embed new players. Taking all that into account AVB did a pretty good job. The next season will be the real tester, providing he doesn’t lose Bale. I am hoping that he can build a team around him.
I don’t think it negates my argument if you put other things into the equation. But that is by the by now and next season will be the tester; depending how much Levy gives the manager and whether we can keep Bale. If Levy doesn’t give a decent money chest to the manager, not only will the manager leave but so will top players like Bale… and who can blame them?

Another point; if we had kept Harry as manager; with the players that went, who says he wouldn't have done a lot worse than AVB? I personally think he would have done. But that is all hypothetical.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2013, 07:50:45 PM »
Enough of Harry Redknapp already!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »
I think Spurs chairman would agree with you on that, that is why they got AVB. Now we should fully support AVB and the team. A new season is ahead of us and new hopes. The past is gone, the future is just around the corner. :up: :dance:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »
I had a nightmare lat night. Harry was back at Spurs. But then, I woke up and AVB was there smiling and all was fine again! :dance:

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2013, 08:13:37 AM »
Quote from Voice[That is true that Harry finished 8th in his first full season].

Again you are wrong Voice "In his first FULL Season he finished FOURTH." Get yours facts right.

I promise I will not mention Mr Redknapp's name again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:SN:[font

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 11:32:38 AM »
Why why why do certain members continue to debate the same stuff over and over again on thread after thread????

No more HR please the club has moved on!!!!!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!