SpursNetwork

From Daniel Levy

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: From Daniel Levy
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 11:01:49 AM »
Levy`s message doesn`t mention why he didn`t put his hand in his pocket in january and get us a striker that we desperately needed . I think AVB has done a decent job this season . No doubt levy`s brief would have been top four and as baldbloke is fond of pointing out he hasn`t done that .Personally  i don`t think that points us out as being weaker than last season as i think the top of the league has been more competitive . The top five teams were seperated by six points or so . AVB deserves more time and a bit of credit . Levy must give him some decent money in the summer . As a sidenote  to baldbloke :

Going to games does NOT make you a real supporter . We are ALL real supporters and love our club equally . It hurt me just as much as you when we didn`t qualify for the ECL .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 11:23:32 AM »
If only all the other clubs followed the FFP as we do, but they don't. So how are we supposed to compete?

However it could be worse. Just heard that Barcelona and Real Madrid received 140 million Each for their T.V. deals whereas Malaga who finished 4th only got 14 million. Now that is a F*cking liberty and shows how certain clubs monopolise the industry. Unless you have a rich outside backer, no club will ever be able to reach the top, if they adhere to FFP.

Too right, apparently the bottom club in the prem will get 63 mill TV money next year, which will go a long way to paying their inflated wage bill

Offline RSS61

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 11:30:25 AM »
We got knocked out of 3 cups through bad tactical decisions, and finished 5th after being 7 pts clear. I do however admit that the majority of our problems are due to Mr levy's reluctance to spend. I, and many others said in January that not buying a striker would cost us CL, and we were right. Please don't tell me that we are a poor club again, because we are not. If our owner bought Spurs a new stadium from his own money, a new team that could win the Prem and the CL, as well as a couple of Jumbo jets, he would still be left with 10 x the wealth of David Bekham. Lewis is in the business of making money, and not spending it, however that doesn't put us in the same category as Leeds. Unfortunately the club you and I love is owned and run by people who's only ambition is to make money, and not to win trophies. Levy's history proves my point. One league cup since he joined us !!
A lot of what you said is hypothetical (about buying another player) so we don’t really know.
As for being knocked out of three cups; so was Man Utd. That doesn’t make them a bad team. Granted they won the league but then they have more financial clout than we do. Actually and thinking about it is more shocking that City and United got knocked out of the cup competitions with all their money they’ve got than Spurs have.
I never said we were a poor club, just that we can’t compete with United, city or Chelsea (at the moment). We haven’t got their resources. Considering our financial situation compared to the rest of the league and United, City, Chelsea and Ars*nal we are in the right spot. Some have argued that we’ve been punching above our weight.

In fact Lewis and Levy have put their money into our club.

Actually all owners are in the business of making money. People like City, United and Chelsea have a bit more than Levy and Lewis; which reflects our position. If they were as tight as you make out I am sure we would have been near the bottom end, instead of the top end.
I disagree with you that Levy’s history proves your point. However, what it does prove is that – up until now – he has been unable to pick the right manager to manage this club. The money has been there, just not the right manager.

By that token, Man City had a dreadful season. Knocked out in CL group stages, beaten in cup final by Wigan, and only finished 6 points ahead of us, despite all their money.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »
Point one, Levy and Lewis have not put a single penny of their own money into the club.
Actually they have.
Levy has had a record of picking poor managers, and that is his fault and nobody else's. Whether you liked him or not, Arry was by far our most successful manager for years, and Levy sacked him. I will say it again. Levy has been the chairman for about 12 years, in that time we have won one league cup. For a club of our stature that is nothing short of shocking. Last year we made a loss, and spent nothing in the transfer market, yet he still gave himself a rise equivalent to 17 average peoples total annual salary. I find it amazing that you attempt to defend this man.

Some of your criticism against levy I totally agree with you. He has picked some poor managers. I thought ‘Arry did a good job but we needed to progress beyond him. I think AVB has done a good job for his first season. Let us hope he builds upon it.
I also agree that it is shocking that we haven’t won anything and that is down to poor management (manager of the players).
I said in another thread that if there were billionaires knocking on Spurs doors to take over I would be shouting the loudest for Levy to resign. But there is nobody who wants to buy the club so we have to support him; support the team. Whether you like it, whether I like it, he is all we’ve got. So until the time comes that somebody else wants to take over then we should support him. There is nothing else we can do my friend.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 05:50:27 PM »
We got knocked out of 3 cups through bad tactical decisions, and finished 5th after being 7 pts clear. I do however admit that the majority of our problems are due to Mr levy's reluctance to spend. I, and many others said in January that not buying a striker would cost us CL, and we were right. Please don't tell me that we are a poor club again, because we are not. If our owner bought Spurs a new stadium from his own money, a new team that could win the Prem and the CL, as well as a couple of Jumbo jets, he would still be left with 10 x the wealth of David Bekham. Lewis is in the business of making money, and not spending it, however that doesn't put us in the same category as Leeds. Unfortunately the club you and I love is owned and run by people who's only ambition is to make money, and not to win trophies. Levy's history proves my point. One league cup since he joined us !!
A lot of what you said is hypothetical (about buying another player) so we don’t really know.
As for being knocked out of three cups; so was Man Utd. That doesn’t make them a bad team. Granted they won the league but then they have more financial clout than we do. Actually and thinking about it is more shocking that City and United got knocked out of the cup competitions with all their money they’ve got than Spurs have.
I never said we were a poor club, just that we can’t compete with United, city or Chelsea (at the moment). We haven’t got their resources. Considering our financial situation compared to the rest of the league and United, City, Chelsea and Ars*nal we are in the right spot. Some have argued that we’ve been punching above our weight.

In fact Lewis and Levy have put their money into our club.

Actually all owners are in the business of making money. People like City, United and Chelsea have a bit more than Levy and Lewis; which reflects our position. If they were as tight as you make out I am sure we would have been near the bottom end, instead of the top end.
I disagree with you that Levy’s history proves your point. However, what it does prove is that – up until now – he has been unable to pick the right manager to manage this club. The money has been there, just not the right manager.

By that token, Man City had a dreadful season. Knocked out in CL group stages, beaten in cup final by Wigan, and only finished 6 points ahead of us, despite all their money.

Exactly.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »
[/quote]

Now you agreeing with me. Yes Citeh did have a bad season, and on the back of it their manager got sacked. Perhaps we should learn from them  :nods:
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »

Now you agreeing with me. Yes Citeh did have a bad season, and on the back of it their manager got sacked. Perhaps we should learn from them  :nods:
Good point. And what we can learn from his sacking is that he had a billionaire backing him and millions bored into the club. On top of that he was at the club for a few years; one of them including winning the league.

So I presume the lesson you want from that is that AVB should stay longer at the club and once he has won the league then we should think about sacking him..... unless he wins more trophies..... and of course a billionaire takes over.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 05:37:41 PM »

Good point. And what we can learn from his sacking is that he had a billionaire backing him and millions bored into the club. On top of that he was at the club for a few years; one of them including winning the league.

So I presume the lesson you want from that is that AVB should stay longer at the club and once he has won the league then we should think about sacking him..... unless he wins more trophies..... and of course a billionaire takes over.

Voice, we are of a similar age, and if we wait until we win the league before he is sacked, then you and I will be dead  :)

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 06:07:47 PM »

Voice, we are of a similar age, and if we wait until we win the league before he is sacked, then you and I will be dead  :)

I think AVB is as good enough to win the League. However, we need the funds to be in the same league as the other top 4. And we are not going to achieve that on the resources we've got at the moment. I think we are good enough to be in the top 4. One of the ways to get those resources - and as Levy has pointed out - is by having a new stadium. Unless you know a billionaire who can take over the club now? :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 07:37:56 PM »

I think AVB is as good enough to win the League. However, we need the funds to be in the same league as the other top 4. And we are not going to achieve that on the resources we've got at the moment. I think we are good enough to be in the top 4. One of the ways to get those resources - and as Levy has pointed out - is by having a new stadium. Unless you know a billionaire who can take over the club now? :up:
[/quote]

Are we really back on that old one. I will ask you once again, what club has ever gained success as a result of building a big stadium, rather than building one after being successful. I think you know the answer, NON. That doesn't however mean we shouldn't build a larger stadium. The fact is that for at least 10 years after the building of such a stadium, we will have to pay for it, and thus have nothing to spend on players.

Some people call me a pessimist, when in actual fact I am not. I actually believe that with the right scouting policy and training methods, accompanied by a top manager (which we don't have) we could win the league. I refuse to believe that it is money alone that wins trophies, albeit money gives any club one hell of a head start !!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »
Are we really back on that old one. I will ask you once again, what club has ever gained success as a result of building a big stadium, rather than building one after being successful. I think you know the answer, NON. That doesn't however mean we shouldn't build a larger stadium. The fact is that for at least 10 years after the building of such a stadium, we will have to pay for it, and thus have nothing to spend on players.
Ars*nal; they’ve been constantly in the top 4 for 16 years and have won trophies in that time. City and United.
You are the only one who is saying that we won’t have any money to spend when we build a bigger Stadium. I think Mr Levy and his board would have learnt the mistakes of Ars*nal. Mr Levy is saying we can build and still compete. Granted it could be bulls**t, but we won’t know until he is in that situation. Anyway, we are in the process of building one.
Some people call me a pessimist, when in actual fact I am not. I actually believe that with the right scouting policy and training methods, accompanied by a top manager (which we don't have) we could win the league. I refuse to believe that it is money alone that wins trophies, albeit money gives any club one hell of a head start !!
You’ve certainly got all the traits of a pessimist.
Why haven’t we got the right manager? Because we haven’t won the league? May I remind you that when Alex took over he never achieved the height that AVB did in his first season. It took him 4 years to win something for United.
As I said; to win the league it is money, luck and the right manager to win the league.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 09:12:43 PM »
Ars*nal; they’ve been constantly in the top 4 for 16 years and have won trophies in that time. City and United.
You are the only one who is saying that we won’t have any money to spend when we build a bigger Stadium. I think Mr Levy and his board would have learnt the mistakes of Ars*nal. Mr Levy is saying we can build and still compete. Granted it could be bulls**t, but we won’t know until he is in that situation. Anyway, we are in the process of building one.
You’ve certainly got all the traits of a pessimist.
Why haven’t we got the right manager? Because we haven’t won the league? May I remind you that when Alex took over he never achieved the height that AVB did in his first season. It took him 4 years to win something for United.
As I said; to win the league it is money, luck and the right manager to win the league.

I just pray that Napoli are successful. Good night

Offline RSS61

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 07:38:27 AM »
I refuse to respond directly to someone who constantly calls for our manager to be sacked for no good reason.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 08:37:30 AM »
I refuse to respond directly to someone who constantly calls for our manager to be sacked for no good reason.

Totally agree, with AVB i feel we have a very bright future.  I think he could be the reason why Bale may stay another season as well!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »

Totally agree, with AVB i feel we have a very bright future.  I think he could be the reason why Bale may stay another season as well!

I totally agree.This forum is being spoilt by one idiot and if this carries on, I cannot see the point in going on. :tickedoff: