SpursNetwork

Doesnt This Just Break Your Heart

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Doesnt This Just Break Your Heart
« on: January 02, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
Poor poor Luka Modric has been voted as the worst signing of the season by supporters.

After the dignified manner in which he left our club and went about securing his transfer I am so gutted for him, ha ha ha ha ha ha yeah right!!!!

I am soooooooooooooo pleased its not working out as he hoped, only 8 league starts the grass wasn't greener in spain but the wages are of course higher!

Luka Modric a Real bench warmer lol

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Doesnt This Just Break Your Heart
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 01:31:20 PM »
That's the thing with disloyal players. For most players a time will come when they move on and nothing happens. For example not many Spurs legends have finished their careers with us. Disloyal and rebelling players must understand that grass is not greener on the other side. And seriously, what was Modrić thinking? Did he really expect to take (for example) Özil's or Ronaldo's place? Although I usually try not to thing negative about people or feel happy for their unluck/accidents etc., I cannot feel any sympathy for the likes of Modrić, Berbatov or anyone at Man City.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 01:38:01 PM »
One good reason for Bale to think twice before moving to RM or any other foreign club!

Shame about Modric, but I don't feel sorry either and as you say: the grass isn't always greener etc...

::)

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »
Exactly guys I have no issue at all with players wanting to move on, develop their career earn more or live in a warmer country, but its how they go about it that is the key!

I am hoping that when the day comes that Bale wants to move he doesnt go about it the same way Berbatoss and Modric did as it will be a great shame!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »
I just read that van der Vaart had punched his old lady (because of whom he wanted to move back to Gemrany) at a new year's eve party and they have subsequently broken up. Of course, it could be temporary. Anyway, for those who can read in German: http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/sylvie-van-der-vaart/das-letzte-foto-vor-dem-eheaus-27925932.bild.html

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »
I gain no pleasure in this misfortune of another person. Modric did what he felt was right for him at the time. He may have got it horribly wrong but that is his lesson to learn if he chooses to. I wish him well in his career, he is a fantastic player and there are many teams that would benefit from his contribution. No he would not be welcomed back here, but if he learns from it, he could still become a legend for another side.

As for Bale, I don't think he comes across like that sort of person, but you can never be really sure. I hope not though for his own sake and ours.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:37:06 PM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 02:25:14 PM »
I gain no pleasure in this misfortune of another person. Modric did what he felt was right for him at the time. He may have got it horribly wrong but that is his lesson to learn if he chooses to. I wish him well in his career, he is a fantastic player and there are many teams that would benefit from his contribution. No he would not be welcomed back here, but if he learns from it, he could still become a legend for another side.

As for Bale, I don't think he comes across like that sort of person, but you can never be really sure. I not though for his own sake and ours.

I take great pleasure from it mate simply due to how Modric went about matters!!!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 03:13:25 PM »
Regarding Modric, I personally do not rate him in Bale's league. His plusses are many, but he dosen't have Bale's blistering pace, or score as many goals.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »
Poor poor Luka Modric has been voted as the worst signing of the season by supporters.

After the dignified manner in which he left our club and went about securing his transfer I am so gutted for him, ha ha ha ha ha ha yeah right!!!!

I am soooooooooooooo pleased its not working out as he hoped, only 8 league starts the grass wasn't greener in spain but the wages are of course higher!

That is the problem with some players. They do so well with a certain club that they get a bit ahead of themselves and think the Sunshine's out of their Ars*nal. So they go to another club and just can't quite manage it. He should have stayed and prospered with Spurs. Now his future isn't so bright.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »

I suppose you will be slagging off Bale when he goes in the summer. Football is just a job to a player, they are NOT supporters. If I was earning £70k a week at Spurs and club XY or Z wanted to double it, I would be off like a shot. Personally I would have him back like a shot, and send Dembele back to Fulham
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 06:19:55 PM »

I suppose you will be slagging off Bale when he goes in the summer. Football is just a job to a player, they are NOT supporters. If I was earning £70k a week at Spurs and club XY or Z wanted to double it, I would be off like a shot. Personally I would have him back like a shot, and send Dembele back to Fulham

I disagree what you said about Dembele; I think he is starting to fit in. However, I agree with the rest of what you say. Players are like mercenaries. They go to the highest bidder. Of course there are one or two loyal players, but those  loyal players are quickly dismissed or removed when not needed.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »

I disagree what you said about Dembele; I think he is starting to fit in. However, I agree with the rest of what you say. Players are like mercenaries. They go to the highest bidder. Of course there are one or two loyal players, but those  loyal players are quickly dismissed or removed when not needed.

Bloody hell Voice I actually agree with what you have said, that's a first !!!!

8D

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »

Bloody hell Voice I actually agree with what you have said, that's a first !!!!

8D

Yes, we must be careful. Otherwise people might start suspecting that I am you, you are me, and we are all together. If that happens we could both end up disappearing up our own Ars*nal! And you wouldn’t want that, even on a good day….. would you? Now for something completely different…….

Monty Python's Flying Circus - Main Theme

PS Happy new year to you :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 07:52:31 AM »

Did you not read and fully digest or perhaps understand what i have written???? seems not going by your reply!  I have underlined and made italic the phrase which should have given my view point away......

I am slagging Modric off not because he left our club, but because of how he went about doing so, when the day comes if Bale goes about it the same way that Berbatoss and Modric did then yes I will slag him off too!  If he acts a model professional and leaves respecting the supporters that adore him and the club that developed him then he will go with my best wishes, simple really!

Now is that clear enough and long winded enough for you to understand or do i need to write it in pink crayon??

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 10:40:01 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you not read and fully digest or perhaps understand what i have written???? seems not going by your reply!  I have underlined and made italic the phrase which should have given my view point away......

I am slagging Modric off not because he left our club, but because of how he went about doing so, when the day comes if Bale goes about it the same way that Berbatoss and Modric did then yes I will slag him off too!  If he acts a model professional and leaves respecting the supporters that adore him and the club that developed him then he will go with my best wishes, simple really!

Now is that clear enough and long winded enough for you to understand or do i need to write it in pink crayon??
[/quote]

Arry always denied the stories about Modric, and said that was nothing more than the papers being a tad naughty. Of course, Berbatov was a different story all together. I stick with what I said before, whilst Dembele isn't a bad player, I would swap him for Modric tomorrow.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU