Nice article about Jermain Defoe

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Nice article about Jermain Defoe
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:54:27 AM »
One more reason to love the guy. :up:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-defoe-wants-stay-spurs-good-223247405--sow.html

I wonder how much dosh I'd have to save up to get a JD jersey by ordering online? Probably the equivalent of at least 100 quid, eh? :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Nice article about Jermain Defoe
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 08:14:25 AM »
I'd love him to stay with us for the rest of his career. A class act, just needs to be used in a right formation.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »
We could do with a similar statement for Bale.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 05:16:57 PM »
I'd love him to stay with us for the rest of his career. A class act, just needs to be used in a right formation.

He should stay with us so long as he produces the goods. And that goes for any player on Spurs books.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »
I think his comments are very thoughtful and show an understanding of football and living life in the right way. He has an excellent attitude and wants to work hard to achieve his aims. I think some of the issues he has dealt with outside of football has given him some perspective.

No point expecting Bale to say similar things, he is a different person. I would hope that he continues to play with the same enjoyment and respect for the club he has shown throughout. If a big offer comes in, then that will be for those in power to decide. If we do not make Champions league and he respectfully asks for the opportunity to make a move, I think we should not blame him and let him go if it is to a club abroad. If this was done in the right way, we include a buy back option in the transfer and he could play for us again one day. Show him hate and disrespect and he would never want to return.
Maybe next year...

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 12:25:08 PM »
Voice,
     So now you are a fan of Defoe , as I recall you ridiculed me for having the audacity to point out that he is our In-Form striker,(I think your words were "he isn't worth his place in the side") and you have the temerity to accuse me of "Changing with the Wind", I at least have the courage of my own convictions, unlike you who attempts to seek favour when it suits you. But no doubt you will find some way of twisting the facts to suit your own cause, wont you?

:nods: :nods: :nods:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:31:41 PM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 01:36:05 PM »
I havent been the greatest fan of Defoe in the past and i was concerned having to rely upon him this season as our key striker due to seasons past performances.  It does now seem though that maybe over seasons past we have missed a trick and what Defoe needed was for a manager to show confidence in him and give him a run in the team to settle.

I think now Defoe is actually enjoying his football here and is being managed in a suitable manner hence his increased productivity.

Long may his form continue and whilst he is producing the goods more than happy for him to stay at THFC
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 05:17:18 PM »
Another 2 goals today to add to his season's total.
I would say he is our inform striker .

Good article as well.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 05:44:52 PM »
I reckon its safe to say Defoe is certainly our first choice and inform striker! good on the chap!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
Voice,
     So now you are a fan of Defoe , as I recall you ridiculed me for having the audacity to point out that he is our In-Form striker,(I think your words were "he isn't worth his place in the side") and you have the temerity to accuse me of "Changing with the Wind", I at least have the courage of my own convictions, unlike you who attempts to seek favour when it suits you. But no doubt you will find some way of twisting the facts to suit your own cause, wont you?

:nods: :nods: :nods:

It is true that I was critical over his dry period. Unlike you I am glad to admit I was wrong. He is doing well. It is a pity you can't acknowledge our manager. Maybe his (Defoe) earlier problem was adapting to the one man up front. The team seem to be fitting into that system quite well.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.