SpursNetwork

Get Behind The Team and AVB

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Get Behind The Team and AVB
« on: August 19, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »
We lost the first league game away to Newcastle, it was no disaster both teams looked blunt without a cutting edge but yet we could have easily been 2 up at half time.

I think the match has proved without any shadow of a doubt that Defoe is not the man to play a lone striker all season we need someone else, if we had Ade or a similar type of player yesterday I think we would have won the game.

We played without Modric and a match fit VdV, we gave the ball away too easily and seriously Gallas starting as first choice partner to Kaboul really isnt the best option IMO.

I think with AVB we will move forward as a team and club, what is critical now though for this season is that Levy invests where AVB has indentified that we need more strength and improvement. We need a proven striker or 2 badly and a keeper without a bus pass!

Our defensive issues have always been there for years now so the fact they showed through yesterday cant be blamed souly on AVB, he has had alot to cope with in his short time at THFC so we cant expect miracles, what we need now is a manager with stability and that is given time and funds to help the club achieve its goals. 

I am confident that our next league game will be a good win for us and then we can build from there!

Lets get behind the team and AVB, cut the doom and gloom as team wise we are hardly any different to last season where we finished 4th, we have new decent players but need a few more then there is no reason why we cant hit 4th or higher!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
Re: Get Behind The Team and AVB
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 03:59:11 PM »
Metal I admire your optimism but I am going to hold judgement for a while longer.

We played well yesterday in patches I agree but who picked the team..... AVB !!! Why have Vertonghan on the bench and play Gallas who I believe has been told he is surplus to requirements and can leave. Would it not of been better to start with Van der Vaart to give him some match fitness and then replace him after he tired (as 'Arry did most of last season), to give us a chance to gain the advantage in the game. Van der Vaart isn't an impact player so bringing him on late serves no purpose and the high pressure high line game puts our "defensive issues" into the spotlight.

As for finishing 4th we are going to need to sign at least 2 quality strikers to achieve that, still not convinced need to see a few more games to give me such optimism.

All I will say is we were better yesterday than I was expecting but still a long way short of last seasons performances !!!!

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »
Metal I admire your optimism but I am going to hold judgement for a while longer.

We played well yesterday in patches I agree but who picked the team..... AVB !!! Why have Vertonghan on the bench and play Gallas who I believe has been told he is surplus to requirements and can leave. Would it not of been better to start with Van der Vaart to give him some match fitness and then replace him after he tired (as 'Arry did most of last season), to give us a chance to gain the advantage in the game. Van der Vaart isn't an impact player so bringing him on late serves no purpose and the high pressure high line game puts our "defensive issues" into the spotlight.

As for finishing 4th we are going to need to sign at least 2 quality strikers to achieve that, still not convinced need to see a few more games to give me such optimism.

All I will say is we were better yesterday than I was expecting but still a long way short of last seasons performances !!!!

:-\

Anyone who starts Livermore and Gallas when there are other options is a complete idiot.

AVB & LEVY OUT
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline davidjmcclure

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »
For goodness sake give the guy a season or two to prove his worth

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »
Couldn't agree more, AVB was condemned the moment his arrival was announced by some.
Now having beaten Man Ure at Old Trafford, dominated the first half and defended well
in the second. This was no Reading, Norwich, QPR  and 1989 was a long time ago ,lets get behind the Manager!!!

COYS

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 09:17:06 PM »
Couldn't agree more, AVB was condemned the moment his arrival was announced by some.
Now having beaten Man Ure at Old Trafford, dominated the first half and defended well
in the second. This was no Reading, Norwich, QPR  and 1989 was a long time ago ,lets get behind the Manager!!!

COYS

Couldnt put it better myself mate!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 07:38:06 AM »
Personally I had good vibes about AVB right from the start, as I have said many times on this forum. Nobody should forget the collapse at the end of last season when viewing Harry through rose tinted glasses. AVB must be given at least as much time as Harry was given to try his methods out fully. IMO we have the nucleus of a great side, with possibly only a top striker missing now.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 06:57:07 PM »
COYS!!

Only 1 defeat in all comps so far this season, long may this run continue!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 11:04:18 PM »
The way it's going atm, we are all behind the team. I just wish that Bale hadn't dived like he did. Quite embarassing really!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »
The way it's going atm, we are all behind the team. I just wish that Bale hadn't dived like he did. Quite embarassing really!

Maybe he is modelling himself on Ronaldo??

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »
Ronaldo that's fie, as long as he doesn't model himself on Suarez!

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »
I for one have always remained positive regarding AVB. Let's all give him a chance !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline RSS61

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »
I for one have always remained positive regarding AVB. Let's all give him a chance !!

???

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 02:00:18 PM »
Warning - Do not feed the troll !!!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 03:00:21 PM »

???

RSS61 dont worry its Baldblokes Jack Russell typing you can always tell as the posts from the k9 make more sense and unlike his owner isn't a Gooner!