SpursNetwork

We Still Have an Outside Chance of 3rd if..........

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
We Still Have an Outside Chance of 3rd if..........
« on: April 28, 2012, 06:23:06 PM »
With Newcastle losing and Ars*nal drawing results went our way, now IF we win tomorrow vs Blackburn we still have a shot at 3rd if.......

Ars*nal draw one and win one of thier last 2 games they will have 70 points.

If Newcastle win all their last 3 games they will have 71 points.

If we win all our last 4 games we will have 71 points but currently we have 11 more goals on GD than Newcastle.

I am not an optimist but 3rd is still possible, in reality our season will end tomorrow if we lose or draw as 4th will not be good enough to get in the CL next season as Chelsea will win it! 

So lets get behind the lads, hope Arry gets selection and tactics right and we turn it on, playing the sublime way we know we can and win against Blackburn they will be right up for it so we need to want it more.

For me this is a massive test of Arrys managerial ability, we got the players lets get the results!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Blueandwhitemedia

• I am tottenham through and through
Re: We Still Have an Outside Chance of 3rd if..........
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »
This is just what i was thinking 10 mins ago when I had a look at the results, COYS!!!!!

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »
Give up. I and the players have.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 04:59:17 AM »
Spurs218 I know just how you feel mate, with our earlier league position 3rd place should have been easily assured by now but Arry and the lads f**ked it up royally!!

We still have a chance it is still possible admittedly leaving alot to chance but that is what we still have a chance!!!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:27:26 AM »
I am not an optimist but 3rd is still possible, in reality our season will end tomorrow if we lose or draw as 4th will not be good enough to get in the CL next season as Chelsea will win it! 
Yes, we could cock up but I don't think Chelsea will win it.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 10:13:41 AM »
With Newcastle losing and Ars*nal drawing results went our way, now IF we win tomorrow vs Blackburn we still have a shot at 3rd if.......

Ars*nal draw one and win one of thier last 2 games they will have 70 points.

If Newcastle win all their last 3 games they will have 71 points.

If we win all our last 4 games we will have 71 points but currently we have 11 more goals on GD than Newcastle.

So lets get behind the lads, hope Arry gets selection and tactics right and we turn it on, playing the sublime way we know we can and win against Blackburn they will be right up for it so we need to want it more.

For me this is a massive test of Arrys managerial ability, we got the players lets get the results!

Teams at this stage of the season tend to maintain their present performance. That means we will continue to be crap. I predict Munich will win the CL and Chelsea will get 4th. I am very rarely wrong !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 10:20:54 AM »
Metal all what you say is true and will probably happen to a point but I feel 3rd, even if we start to win again is going to be just a tad to much to hope for ...... 4th I'll go for yes as I think that may just be possible if we can find some confidence and fight.

Unfortunately though I think we will probably still get shafted by Chelski because they seem to already have their name on the Champions League due to their miraculous win over Barca and the fact that Real failed to make the final !!!!!!

Fingers crossed, but my heart is heavy !!!

:'( :'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 12:27:18 PM »
Yes always an outside chance of 3rd but not with our present form!!!
The picture will be clearer after today's game for sure.

Bale and Modric already making noises about leaving in the Summer lets hope
they both stay focused until the end of the season.

COYS

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
Bale and Modric already making noises about leaving in the Summer lets hope
they both stay focused until the end of the season.

COYS

It is worrying that Bale has put himself in the shop window for the super clubs with yesterdays published comments, Arry always on about England and Modders definately offski! 

Today our season could be over or all still to play for!!! I hope its the latter!!!

Offline Blueandwhitemedia

• I am tottenham through and through
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 09:33:23 PM »
we beat Blackburn earlier and still have a game in hand over Ars*nal, if Ars*nal lose or draw one of there last 2 games and we win our last 3 we can finish above them in 3rd position, COYS!!! "TO DARE IS TO DO"

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 06:40:28 PM »
Game on our season is still alive, just praying Norwich or West Brom can do us a favour when they play the Goons.

Game on for 3rd!!!

We have to win our last 2 games!!

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 09:16:14 AM »
Game on our season is still alive, just praying Norwich or West Brom can do us a favour when they play the Goons.

Game on for 3rd!!!

We have to win our last 2 games!!

Well your wish can true. We are now in the driving seat, and no doubt will feck it up. Never mind, I am going to Villa today and will have a chance to witness it
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 10:59:26 AM »
Metal all what you say is true and will probably happen to a point but I feel 3rd, even if we start to win again is going to be just a tad to much to hope for ...... 4th I'll go for yes as I think that may just be possible if we can find some confidence and fight.

Unfortunately though I think we will probably still get shafted by Chelski because they seem to already have their name on the Champions League due to their miraculous win over Barca and the fact that Real failed to make the final !!!!!!

Fingers crossed, but my heart is heavy !!!

:'( :'(

Ok we need to get a good result today against the Villa and I will start to believe, my heart is growing lighter by the day !!!!

Maybe I'll even start to believe again... COYS

The door's been opened lets just walk through instead of running into the door frame !!!!!

:o
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »
Sweaky bum time now or what, I really dont want to have to rely on the result of the CL final to know if we get the CL next season or not!!! Our fate was ours but now we are relying on others!

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »
Hoping Ars*nal don't score is a familiar feeling, although right now its so much more important!  Come on WBA!