SpursNetwork

What can the reason be for our slump?????

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
What can the reason be for our slump?????
« on: April 23, 2012, 06:41:02 PM »
I have looked at many options as the cause for our shocking slump in the league and everywhere else, Arry & England, lack of correct transfer dealings, strength in team depth, injuries, exhaustion their are many single possibilities!

Personally, I think Arry can no longer motivate the team he has lost the dressing room, they know he will be off if offered the England job and he has shown zero commitment of our beloved club so why should the players right ? as they get paid regardless and certain players know there will be offers flooding in from other bigger clubs during the summer.  Combine this with our recent failings in the transfer market and not buying in required players but instead over flooding certain roles.  This has weakended our strength in depth which late on in the season is vital.

Our line ups against Chelsea and QPR (with the exception of 1 or 2 players) were our strongest first choice line ups possible, King and Gallas should only now be used as cover now far too slow! So why why why were we so shyte in those 2 games and well beaten?

The players appart from a few simply are not up for it.... well donefor stuffing up what promised to be our best ever EPL season!!!

HR what you going to do when Stuart Pearce gets offered the England job full time as I for one no longer want you here at THFC after your shameful flirting in the media for the England job.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
Re: What can the reason be for our slump?????
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »
Good post Metal

I blame our slum entirely on the Harry/England job press talk just after our demolition of Newcastle at the Lane.  We just went crashing down after that and never recovered.

We will return to our usually familiar mid-table places and plod around there for the next 5 years at least.
Harry has given us a taste of what we could have been and has taken it all away with the England job talk.

Frankly, I hope he gets the job and a new fresh face comes in an takes over. I could not see him continue next season as if nothing had happened and all is OK.

Any guesses as to who would be the first one to leave the club and then how may would follow?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 02:42:53 PM »
Every team has ups and downs and despite the dramatic dip in form it is unfair to start calling for Redknapp's head. Season is not over yet, no-one has left. So, let's see what happens.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »
Bit more than a dip in form fella! Something is hugely amiss, a dip in form is lose the odd game or a handful or surprise results, we have had weeks of it!!! ever since the England job!

Anyone trying to kid themselves this hasnt played a key factor is on another planet!

Arry aint THFC he has proven that time to look elsewhere and quick if we are to bounce back next season, I cant see us achieving what we need to this time around as the rot is too deep!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »
I agree totally that Capello leaving and the speculation over the position involving 'Arry has completely destroyed our season........ but wether we should pray for 'Arry to go now is maybe a bit of a knee jerk reaction.

We need to ask 2 questions 1. Can 'Arry turn things around form and dressing room wise next season ? 2. Who is available that could do a better job, for the money and experience wise ?

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 05:48:08 PM »
Slump? What slump!?
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
The clowns in charge.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »
Slump ..I would say so.. only Wolves have done worse than us since February!

Agree though, strength in depth is missing and also our style of play has been worked out.
Teams learn a lot about players and their strengths and style in the first few months of a new
season and then they are better equipped to deal with us.
I think this has also been one of the reasons we haven't performed as well since the Newcastle game.
Add to that Harry's issues and poor team selection/formations.

This week could hear more about the new England manager plus more rumours for the
vacant? Tottenham seat ..... Roberto Martinez???
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:27:39 PM by Yiddite »