Duo keep tabs on Vranjes

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« on: April 17, 2007, 07:37:58 PM »
Croatian international Jurica Vranjes has reportedly emerged as a potential transfer target for Premiership duo Everton and Tottenham.

According to reports in the German press scouts from Goodison Park and White Hart Lane watched Werder Bremen's 2-0 Bundesliga win at Borussia Dortmund and Vranjes was the reason for their presence.

The 27-year-old is tied to the Weserstadion until 2008 and while his days appeared numbered prior to the winter break, the tall Croatian managed to win back a place in Thomas Schaaf's starting XI in recent months and it remains unclear whether or not he is willing to fulfil his contract.

Vranjes sealed his breakthrough while playing for NK Osiek before going on to represent Bundesliga clubs Bayer Leverkusen and Stuttgart, prior to joining Werder in 2005.

to be honest i dont even know who he is dose any oneeles ?

Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 07:46:52 PM »
From Wikipedia

Jurica Vranješ [ˈjuritsa ˈʋraɲɛʃ] (born January 30, 1980) is a Croatian football midfielder. He currently (as of 2006) plays for Werder Bremen in the German Bundesliga.

Vranješ was born in Osijek, Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia. He played for NK Osijek between 1997 and 1999. He then moved to Bayer Leverkusen where he played three seasons until moving to VfB Stuttgart in 2003 and finally to Bremen in 2005.

Vranješ was part of the Croatian national team in 2002 FIFA World Cup where he played in two games. He also played in the Croatian team at the 1998 Under-18 European Championship when they won the third place.

Another midfielder?  I think sorting out the back four should be our priority.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 07:48:41 PM »
Good info Shelf mate.

I agree with you that the back is where we need sorting.

Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 08:50:31 PM »
Yeah defo at the back before any where else, we just let in way too many goals, we will never brake into the top 4 if our defence doesnt improve!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 02:39:04 PM »
Just one question. Is he left footed? cos if he's not then we can do without him.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 02:50:10 PM »
Found this about him.

Promising and versatile midfielder who is a valuable squad member for club and country.

Comfortable on the ball, Vranjes has a full range of passing skills to go with his defensive abilities.

He is also capable of playing as sweeper and in Germany he is known for his exquisite timing in the tackle.

How much of a role he will play this summer is unclear, but he is capable of making an impression on the world stage

not sure if he's left footed or not though.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 07:04:41 PM »
Sounds like a good player if he has a decent left foot may well be a good addition. Would certainly prefer him to Reo Coker who I dont think would offer anything we dont already have.

Berba's girl

Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 08:53:05 PM »
Never heard of him but tbh I don't follow European football - I hadn't even heard of Berba before we signed him. LOL. Boy oh boy, look what I was missing!!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 08:57:36 PM »
Vranješ is decent. :D Not my first choice, but I wouldn't be crying for having him, either.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »
i have seen him a few times and to be honest im not his biggest fan...i would compare him to tha hudd but with out the power in his long shots...we dont need him!!!

Duo keep tabs on Vranjes
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 11:14:25 AM »
I think we should sign a well established Prem defender or two as cover,signing players form abroad is risky,(eg I know he may not have settled yet but Rocha doesn't seem to be doing the business)