SpursNetwork

I'd still take Drogba

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
I'd still take Drogba
« on: August 17, 2011, 05:27:24 AM »
He's got two more years in him at least as a beast of a striker. Modric wants out, so if that's what it takes then so be it. We've got plenty of players who can play CM and if Redknapp doesn't think they're not up for it surely there would be some spare change. I doubt Levy would ever go for a deal that involves a player of his age coming in, but look at the money paid to resign Keane.

I'd take Drogba over Adebayor any day of the week.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: I'd still take Drogba
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:19:40 AM »
For some reason, me too. I can see problems arising with both. Adebayor has always left me a lazy and self-righteous impression. His work-rate is low, so it means he is not a team player. Add this to his unlikable personality and there it is.

As for Drogba... One could imagine what would have happened had we signed him 8 years ago. Drogba could be on a hunt for a last big contract and let's face it - Levy wouldn't pay him silly money like sheiks of Qatar or orligarchs of Russian Premier League would and therefore I doubt it really would be worth it. I don't think he'd be motivated enough to play for us. Sad but true.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:37:55 AM »
Ive always liked Drogba, yes please.  :hide:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 06:38:15 PM »
Drogba wont happen for many reasons already stated, and I think Ade is a smoke screen for another signing or at least I hope it is.... would we be so blatant in our intentions.... I know Arry loves the media but its a bit much.

I think striker wise we are more likley to land Bryan ruiz
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 05:41:25 PM »
not going to happen. :tickedoff:

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 05:48:07 PM »
I just hope something happens in the next couple of weeks otherwise we will be back to the same position as in all transfer windows - struggling at the start of the season!!!! Come on 'Arry - splash the cash!!

Offline Dutchspurs

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 06:56:14 PM »
Why..he's got maybe one good season left in him, if he gets lucky with injuries and knowing our luck with injuries...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 10:09:13 AM »
I just hope something happens in the next couple of weeks otherwise we will be back to the same position as in all transfer windows - struggling at the start of the season!!!! Come on 'Arry - splash the cash!!
I don't think Harry is the problem here.

Offline a12 warrior

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 11:30:34 AM »
Spurs signing Drogba!!!!!!!! No chance