SpursNetwork

Norway

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Norway
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:16:30 AM »
We have lot's of support out there. May I be the first on here to offer my deepest sympathies to all concerned in the bombing and the island shootings.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:19:54 AM by RiffHard »
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: NORWAY
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »
I'm still hoping my fellow CanILer from Norway will get in touch with someone on our end to say she's alright. Honestly, I hate it when stuff like this happens. Why must people be such nutters? >:(

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline aspursfan

Re: NORWAY
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »
Very sad. The pictures of all the bodies dead on the ground is absolutely horrifying. Norway of all places...
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Norway
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 09:18:44 AM »
The guy will get 21 years for that, it means 2,7 months for each person. Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:38:01 AM by RiffHard »

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 04:41:37 PM »
Are you serious?! In most American states he'd be dead, dead, dead. Especially Texas or Virginia.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 06:13:08 PM »
Are you serious?! In most American states he'd be dead, dead, dead. Especially Texas or Virginia.
Yes, according to their constitution, 21 years is the max.

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »
Visited there a couple of years ago, it is a beautiful place. you just can't imagine this happening.
I t was amazing to see their King & Queen crying at the memorial service yeaterday. I can't imagine our royal family getting that involved.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 01:09:17 AM »
That is touching. I must say, I was struck by the survivors' composure given the nature of the ordeal. Scandinavia really seems to have it together in terms of being a conscientious mature culture. Perhaps too liberal in terms of the justice system, however. Certainly this crime warrants life imprisonment without parole. Their legislators probably couldn't envision something like this.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 02:22:25 AM »
I'm still worried about whether or not my friend Rachael was anywhere near Oslo. She isn't the most politically active person in the world, though, so it's an astronomical long-shot that she was in the area of the shooting.

Still, how someone could do this... I figure even Canada would throw the book at this guy. (Then again, maybe not - Scandinavians and Canadians are a lot alike with regards to their justice system...)

I've heard he was planning stuff for Belgium as well, but at this point that's just hearsay.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan